Sign in to follow this  
hps2031a

Cantwell and Buendia

The transfer speculation has obviously affected both Cantwell and Buendia. Both are still under contract and it’s very disappointing to think they both just don’t knuckle down and get on it with it, until something concrete happens. Their attitude disappoints me and I tend to think I would rather they move on with that attitude, and use some of the money. Although after yesterday’s performance we could have have done with Cantwell, Stiepermans not up to it.
What’s your thoughts?

Edited by hps2031a

Can't afford to let Emi go if we still harbour any aspirations of promotion. I've been one of Todd's greatest fans but he's badly let himself down this transfer window whereas Emi seems to be willing to stay and fight (sometimes too literally).

• Like 2

Honestly, I've moved jobs and in between leaving the old and joining the new, my performance dropped slightly. It wasn't deliberate on my part and I certainly didn't lack respect for that employer. It wasn't conscious, I didn't down tools, I didn't suddenly not care about my coworkers but my performance dropped regardless. Footballers are human beings and not infallible. 

Edited by seanthecanary

6 minutes ago, seanthecanary said:

Honestly, I've moved jobs and in between leaving the old and joining the new, my performance dropped slightly. It wasn't deliberate on my part and I certainly didn't lack respect for that employer. It wasn't conscious, I didn't down tools, I didn't suddenly not care about my coworkers but my performance dropped regardless. Footballers are human beings and not infallible. 

But is the move sorted? I can understand if it is but nothings confirmed.

If I want a new job, I don’t go off sick from my current one and burn all bridges. If anything I make sure I leave on good terms in case something falls through or I want to return.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Cantwell is putting off potential employers, as well as destroying the relationship he has with his current one

Just now, nutty nigel said:

What is it that Cantwell's doing?

Well no one knows do they? Everyone is assuming he's downed tools or thrown his toys around but Farke just intimated he's not been fully focused which is an entirely different thing

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

What is it that Cantwell's doing?

Whatever it is it’s enough for Farke to not only keep him out of two match day squads but also compare him to a kit man in an interview. Farke explained he first deals with the issue internally, then in front of the group and lastly go public.

I’d say that’s pretty serious

2 minutes ago, seanthecanary said:

Well no one knows do they? Everyone is assuming he's downed tools or thrown his toys around but Farke just intimated he's not been fully focused which is an entirely different thing

Is it though? He should putting in the effort in every session unless he is either injured or unwell. 

From everything I've heard this is being driven by Cantwell and his agent who are trying to drum up interest, not that clubs are actually showing interest. 

3 minutes ago, seanthecanary said:

Not fully focused is a polite way of saying he is not pulling his weight at work.

2 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Pop video with Drmic. 

Maybe that's it. 

He's obviously done something but nobody seems to agree what it is. 

Just now, nutty nigel said:

Maybe that's it. 

Drmic sings and Todd dances, a Happy Monday’s kind of thing. 

6 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

Is it though? He should putting in the effort in every session unless he is either injured or unwell. 

From everything I've heard this is being driven by Cantwell and his agent who are trying to drum up interest, not that clubs are actually showing interest. 

Heard from whom?

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

Maybe that's it. 

Is there not anybody ITK or have a source inside the club these days ?

The problem isnt what Todd done / is doing. 

Its what he is NOT doing that is the problem, and this is doing what he is paid to do. Work for NCFC, which includes training, and playing. 

Edited by Greavsy
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Perhaps there's quite a few with different sources?

41 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

From Waccoe - Yes, I know!

"Phil Hay said it was Cantwells side who made contact with Leeds. Leeds haven’t been interested in him and have played down the interest all week"

56 minutes ago, seanthecanary said:

They are not entirely different, they are directly correlated. 

I did wonder as no stories have broken about anyone actually bidding for Cantwell. Well will be great if he stays (same with Buendia) but Cantwell will have to pull his socks up and earn his way back into the team & Farke's plans.

Will be a godsend once this blessed window closes

58 minutes ago, seanthecanary said:

Heard from whom?

A friend is involved in the coaching side (not first team) but he's heard some stuff being discussed internally, but with all of these things the only people that will actually know what is happening will be Cantwell, his agent or Farke/Webber. 

22 minutes ago, lappinitup said:

From Waccoe - Yes, I know!

"Phil Hay said it was Cantwells side who made contact with Leeds. Leeds haven’t been interested in him and have played down the interest all week"

No but it stacks up and is one of the reasons I don't want to see him pull on the yellow shirt again. 

4 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

A friend is involved in the coaching side (not first team) but he's heard some stuff being discussed internally, but with all of these things the only people that will actually know what is happening will be Cantwell, his agent or Farke/Webber. 

Can your mate have a word with the groundsman? 

Edited by seanthecanary

1 hour ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Can't afford to let Emi go if we still harbour any aspirations of promotion. I've been one of Todd's greatest fans but he's badly let himself down this transfer window whereas Emi seems to be willing to stay and fight (sometimes too literally).

Not sure I will hold my judgement as it was hard to tell yesterday wether when he was substituted he went straight down the tunnel to get ( or do ) something or wether he stormed off, then thought slightly better of it. Then when he went to sit down wasn’t sure if his actions were out of frustration or a little paddy about still being at Norwich.

Like many I will be hoping that he is still up for it but this week will tell I guess.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Our source said he was pushed under the bus. 

But let's ignore that and judge him on assumptions and personal intolerances.

4 minutes ago, curious yellow said:

Our source said he was pushed under the bus. 

But let's ignore that and judge him on assumptions and personal intolerances.

You mean he is a scapegoat and that Farke's comments relate to something totally different ?

Edited by TIL 1010

7 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

You mean he is a scapegoat and that Farke's comments relate to something totally different ?

Well the Cantwell Buendia furore has certainly distracted from any discussion of Farke's own poor performance of late...

27 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

That's not what I said. 

I'm not going to presume or judge.