cambridgeshire canary

Connor Southwell- 'Norwich being a selling club is a badge of honour'

Can't help but feel it's clickbait.  He's not saying anything that hasn't been said on this forum 100s of times by people who don't get paid to write.  It's hardly insightful. 

6 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Every club is a selling club

I mean.. from a technical standpoint. Only clubs that dont get to be are ones that finish 3rd to 1st consistently in the top European Leagues and have billionaire owners

9 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I mean.. from a technical standpoint. Only clubs that dont get to be are ones that finish 3rd to 1st consistently in the top European Leagues and have billionaire owners

Even then Barca couldn't hold onto Neymar, Utd couldn't keep Ronaldo, Juve couldn't keep Pogba and the list goes on 

11 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Even they sell

There is nothing wrong with his piece as such, but in general terms, Archant will make life as easy as possible for the club and will not criticise it. Most local papers would have found Farke's record intolerable and would have been placing pressure on him, but Archant constantly and consistently give the club a free pass. 

1 hour ago, komakino said:

There is nothing wrong with his piece as such, but in general terms, Archant will make life as easy as possible for the club and will not criticise it. Most local papers would have found Farke's record intolerable and would have been placing pressure on him, but Archant constantly and consistently give the club a free pass. 

Archant are scared that the owners of the club will restrict access to Colney etc so they basically do their PR for them. Not one unbias journalist on the books. Stop reading all of them as it's the same piece over and over and over.....

No football fan I know takes pride in selling their best players... They take pride in winning games, something we seem to have real trouble with at the moment

The bigger clubs 'trade' to get even bigger. They sell their players who have failed, past it, or simply don't fit in and upgrade to something better.

We seem to be the opposite - keep the dross but don't upgrade.

2 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

The bigger clubs 'trade' to get even bigger. They sell their players who have failed, past it, or simply don't fit in and upgrade to something better.

Yes - that's why MU sold Ronaldo; Spurs sold Bale; Arsenal sold a whole host of players; Liverpool sold Coutinho etc 🤔

• Like 2

Every club, barring perhaps Real and Barca are a selling club, nature of the game. 

I don't know this Conner chap, but if that's the best piece of journalism he can come up with, I'd suggest a different field. 

Edited by Michael Wynless Jones

7 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

We don't have any dross.

4 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

We don't have any dross.

Talking of clickbait..............................

18 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

All of that is just simply untrue. I struggle to get why some people make things up on here still.

Just now, TIL 1010 said:
5 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

We don't have any dross.

Talking of clickbait..............................

There is no-one in the squad who could be described as dross, not a single one.  I really don't understand how people can be so disparaging about the club.

2 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

There is no-one in the squad who could be described as dross, not a single one.  I really don't understand how people can be so disparaging about the club.

Drmic?

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

We do have some dross unfortunately, if we didnt we wouldnt sitting on 4 points from 4 games.

We have players who did well 2 years ago, wasnt fancied or hardly picked last season and are now back in the side now.

We have a number 10 who doesnt score, doesnt take anyone on, doesnt assist and runs the ball into danger.

A CB who can only be described as "seen milk turn quicker".

A winger who gives his all but has literally no end product.

2 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

He's not in the squad.

He’s not in the named squad, but still part of the Norwich squad till he leaves!

3 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Lakey mate you made a post of only 5 words instead of your standard 5 paragraphs which was posted merely to invite responses which is why i put clickbait. I really should have put this at the end of my post....🤣

Did anyone actually read the piece? I don’t agree with aspects of it - but he’s merely stating that being a club who sells players is a sign of the work undertaken by Webber and Farke. A fair point given three years ago there was no young talent. 

Those claiming he parrots the lines from the club have clearly forgotten the Daniel Farke episode. That simply isn’t the case. 

Can’t help but think some people only read the headlines at times... 

41 minutes ago, hogesar said:

All of that is just simply untrue. I struggle to get why some people make things up on here still.

What part is untrue? 

7 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Oh ok, there’s a lot of teams not following the rules then, Leeds being one of them😂

Picking one individual season for one clubs doesn't disprove a more general point across the entirety of football.

Leeds sold all their best players, to us, not that long ago.

Big clubs have sold the likes of Gareth Bale, Christians Ronaldo and not upgraded on them.

We haven't only 'kept dross' - unless Pukki is suddenly dross (with the fickle nature of football fans that wouldn't surprise me), Aarons, Buendia, Hernandez, etc.

The problem is looking at yesterday’s game! We’re back to seeing Steipermann, Vrancic who weren’t really much of last season teams, we’re reliant on players who let’s be honest had their best season two years ago, have had the stuffing knocked out of them.

Pukki is a shadow of the striker he was up to December last year, we don’t creat the number of chances we used to and everything is so slow in build up.

In parts yesterday we moved the ball well to creat the penalty but that really was about it!

All those players bought in the summer, we had three loan players on the pitch and the ones we bought we’ve sent out on loan, with some commenting about that in the press, we can’t get rid of Lietner or Drmic and we’ve sold the two better players with Aarons probably next.

We are a selling club no doubt but we’re also in transition and need possibly two seasons to clear the decks and move on some of the players who aren’t good enough now to push us on. I don’t expect us to finish top 6 if I’m honest, Gibson played well enough, but this team doesn’t have enough goals in it to get past top 10 in my opinion, unless we start to move the ball quicker.

Edited by Indy

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

Picking one individual season for one clubs doesn't disprove a more general point across the entirety of football.

Leeds sold all their best players, to us, not that long ago.

Big clubs have sold the likes of Gareth Bale, Christians Ronaldo and not upgraded on them.

We haven't only 'kept dross' - unless Pukki is suddenly dross (with the fickle nature of football fans that wouldn't surprise me), Aarons, Buendia, Hernandez, etc.

But the big hitters are always trying to improve and spend money, Everton, Chelsea Man Utd etc etc. They may have their periods when players leave for whatever reason but you know the cheque book is coming out again soon. Norwich  on the other hand....