Sign in to follow this  
GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

October transfer window 6th -16th October...

So after the international transfer window closes on Monday , where I'd be surprised if we did incoming business....we then have a 10 day domestic window whereby we can trade with Premier League or EFL clubs.

A window where Premier League clubs can sweep up whats left over from the Championship if they've been unsuccesful in their international targets.

....Should this be the case with us (Aarons,Cantwell,Buendia) plus the Godfrey cash, we've then missed the opportunity to recruit from europe, where we've done most of our best business, and are restricted to domestic deals which have been more hit/miss under Farke/Webber.

Anyone with a roll call of names that might be available either permenant or on loan from other English clubs?

Should Cantwell go and with the injury to Dowell players in that part of the pitch to help us unlock a defence are urgently required...

I'll chuck Alex Pritchard and Henri Lansbury into the ring  , Emile Smith-Rowe ,loan from Arsenal

Any decent youngsters at the likes of Man City,Liverpool,Chelsea that might be available on loan??

5 hours ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

I'll chuck Alex Pritchard and Henri Lansbury into the ring

I'll chuck them out again. Neither would get a mention if they hadn't played here already.  Never heard of the Arsenal guy. Need to get on Football Manager and do some research!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, The Raptor said:

I'll chuck them out again. Neither would get a mention if they hadn't played here already.  Never heard of the Arsenal guy. Need to get on Football Manager and do some research!

Agreed, Pritchard has done very little of note since leaving City.  Don't get me wrong, when he was given a chance here he did look good for over half season.  In all honesty though he's 27 and he had 1 good season here and prior to that a great season at Brentford.  The rest of his career was pretty "meh"

In terms of Smith-Rowe, it seems likely he will be loaned out a Premier League with Southampton reportedly interested.

Obviously if but more likely when Cantwell or Buendia leave, replacements will be needed.  I can't believe for one minute that Webber and Farke don't realise that and one would hope they already have a shortlist of candidates.  

8 minutes ago, seanthecanary said:

Agreed, Pritchard has done very little of note since leaving City.  Don't get me wrong, when he was given a chance here he did look good for over half season.  In all honesty though he's 27 and he had 1 good season here and prior to that a great season at Brentford.  The rest of his career was pretty "meh"

In terms of Smith-Rowe, it seems likely he will be loaned out a Premier League with Southampton reportedly interested.

Obviously if but more likely when Cantwell or Buendia leave, replacements will be needed.  I can't believe for one minute that Webber and Farke don't realise that and one would hope they already have a shortlist of candidates.  

If we dont sign anyone from the continent by 11pm on Monday, we're restricted then to domestic transfers

The only players we could ever sign permenantly from Premier League clubs are either badly out of favour i.e Gibson...or will never make the grade with their club i.e Dowell....otherwise its loans

Further down, can we prize away one of another championship club's better plsyers?

Further down still, any decent players in League One??

11 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

If we dont sign anyone from the continent by 11pm on Monday, we're restricted then to domestic transfers

The only players we could ever sign permenantly from Premier League clubs are either badly out of favour i.e Gibson...or will never make the grade with their club i.e Dowell....otherwise its loans

Further down, can we prize away one of another championship club's better plsyers?

Further down still, any decent players in League One??

Even if we were to sign from the continent, the questions and points you've raised are still relevant.  Any players we signed from a top European league would most likely be those out of favour, loans of players with potential or they would be from lower down the league chain.  They would also come with the added caveat of potentially needing time to adapt to a new country and league.

In all honesty, you've pretty much described the transfer situation at City for the entirety of my 40 years on this earth. 

We need here and now players, not unproven youngsters to sweep the floor at Colney, or loan out. We've too many of them already.

4 minutes ago, seanthecanary said:

Even if we were to sign from the continent, the questions and points you've raised are still relevant.  Any players we signed from a top European league would most likely be those out of favour, loans of players with potential or they would be from lower down the league chain.  They would also come with the added caveat of potentially needing time to adapt to a new country and league.

In all honesty, you've pretty much described the transfer situation at City for the entirety of my 40 years on this earth. 

Not quite....a pound goes a little further abroad than it does here in football terms.

Many clubs and leagues across european football arent awash with cash and we could sign an equivilent/better standard of player for less than we'd probably have to pay from another championship club.

Following the sales of Lewis,Godfrey ..should we get another £15m for Cantwell, even though we know it wouldnt happen, if our board made £8m of that available to reinvest ,it would go a lot further spending it internationally....trouble is we've only got 36 hours to do it.

20 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Not quite....a pound goes a little further abroad than it does here in football terms.

Many clubs and leagues across european football arent awash with cash and we could sign an equivilent/better standard of player for less than we'd probably have to pay from another championship club.

Following the sales of Lewis,Godfrey ..should we get another £15m for Cantwell, even though we know it wouldnt happen, if our board made £8m of that available to reinvest ,it would go a lot further spending it internationally....trouble is we've only got 36 hours to do it.

EFL clubs are not awash with cash either, if they were they wouldn't be at the Premier League's door with a begging bowl for £250 million in handouts. I do accept that generally you can get more value from abroad but it's hard for the club to pre-emptively replace Cantwell and Buendia when we've already bought in Dowell and are hugely bloated number wise in certain areas in the squad.  We have not shipped out Trybull or Leitner yet despite and I'm not convinced that the players ahead of them are upgrades. In all honesty, we could probably put out a team made up predominantly of central midfielders.  Then you have Drmic who is one of, if not the top earner at the club who is currently our 4th choice striker.  Transfers are in aren't just about spending money you may or may not have.  The wage bill has to be taken into consideration as well.  We currently have 3 former first team players collecting higher wages and not playing.

Edited by seanthecanary

....yet for all our new signings none of them are currently improving the first XI ...loan signing of Skipp aside

Gibson and Quintilla are replacing outgoings and with the Dowell injury we're turning back to the likes of Steipermann and Vrancic

2 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

....yet for all our new signings none of them are currently improving the first XI ...loan signing of Skipp aside

Gibson and Quintilla are replacing outgoings and with the Dowell injury we're turning back to the likes of Steipermann and Vrancic

I'm with you there. Even Hugill. While I'm not suggesting he should take Pukki's place or not, it seems odd to spend £2.5m on a player that so far in the league has been used only as a last desperate throw of the dice at the end of matches 

Farke does need to be more recognising of opponents approach so in a game where we are facing a team like Derby that will sit and defend Deep, be compact and have experienced defenders Like Curtis Davies then we need height and physical presence rather than trying to play intricate passes. Farke did say in post match we need to get shot away earlier so a combination of this and more physical threat with aerial balls would have got us a different result yesterday. Hugill and/or Idah would have been better from the start.

Still a possibility of signings - Dennis Man would be a good addition. Surprised we let Sinani out on season long loan. If/when Cantwell and Buendia go we will undoubtedly be short. Maybe  Jacob Murphy back on loan? 

To be fair we have got a really good squad and things will change I am sure of it. We are all right to feel frustrated from yesterday but a sense of perspective is needed. 42 games left, anyone can beat anyone in this league and I am sure we will have games where we come away with victory having been on back foot or not playing to full potential. 

12 minutes ago, seanthecanary said:

I'm with you there. Even Hugill. While I'm not suggesting he should take Pukki's place or not, it seems odd to spend £2.5m on a player that so far in the league has been used only as a last desperate throw of the dice at the end 

14 minutes ago, seanthecanary said:

I'm with you there. Even Hugill. While I'm not suggesting he should take Pukki's place or not, it seems odd to spend £2.5m on a player that so far in the league has been used only as a last desperate throw of the dice at the end of matches 

Anybody thinking we will spend any of this incoming cash are I'm afraid sadly deluded.Maybe a couple of loans will arrive to pacify the fans,but the fans and Farke will  have to accept it...Which we will!!!!

A couple in a couple out is probably what we'll see. The club will have several targets in mind and whether they can get one ot two of them is a bit of an unknown, but if we sell anyone, we will almost certainly see at least one more new player.

1 hour ago, Samwam27 said:

Well we got Godfrey from York, so there must be hidden gems out there?

There are always hidden gems there, but finding the right ones is easier said than done.

Also, it's worth remembering that Godfrey took three years to break into our first team in the Championship after we signed him.

23 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

We made 8 transfers for the 1st team in the summer and 3 in the january (for this season) previously.

Mumba Quintilla Gibson Skipp Sorensen Placheta Dowell Hugill 

Sitti Mcallum Sinani

And only really lost Lewis & Godfrey of any note.

We already have Placheta & Dowell injured and 3 have gone on loan. Sorensen couldn't make the bench and had Tettey & McLean ahead of him yesterday. Hugill gets the odd 10 mins here and there.

Quintilla and Gibson are Lewis & Godfreys replacement.

Mumba will probably just feature for the u23s unless Aaron's is injured and Byram isnt back.

For someone who likes to work with young players and give them a chance I was surprised not to see  Martin and Sorensen on the bench. Tettey, as loyal a servant as he has been , isn't going to change a game when he comes on. Would like to see Hondermarck come into squad at some stage. What we need though is pace in the middle. Stieperman and Vrancic have none. McLean isn't pulling up trees. Dowell Is injured. We need a Pritchard type. Not him necessarily but someone who will be probing all the time. Someone like Mata. Where we get one from is a different matter.

On 03/10/2020 at 23:07, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

So after the international transfer window closes on Monday , where I'd be surprised if we did incoming business....we then have a 10 day domestic window whereby we can trade with Premier League or EFL clubs.

A window where Premier League clubs can sweep up whats left over from the Championship if they've been unsuccesful in their international targets.

....Should this be the case with us (Aarons,Cantwell,Buendia) plus the Godfrey cash, we've then missed the opportunity to recruit from europe, where we've done most of our best business, and are restricted to domestic deals which have been more hit/miss under Farke/Webber.

Anyone with a roll call of names that might be available either permenant or on loan from other English clubs?

Should Cantwell go and with the injury to Dowell players in that part of the pitch to help us unlock a defence are urgently required...

I'll chuck Alex Pritchard and Henri Lansbury into the ring  , Emile Smith-Rowe ,loan from Arsenal

Any decent youngsters at the likes of Man City,Liverpool,Chelsea that might be available on loan??

William Saliba from Arsenal - centre back. Loan move for him back to France fell through on Monday. Could be someone of interest to Farke and Webber should Klose get his move to Basel.

On 04/10/2020 at 10:11, Move Klose said:

We made 8 transfers for the 1st team in the summer and 3 in the january (for this season) previously.

Mumba Quintilla Gibson Skipp Sorensen Placheta Dowell Hugill 

Sitti Mcallum Sinani

Well clearly at least three of those weren't for the first team, as they have been loaned out.

On 04/10/2020 at 10:26, canarycop said:

For someone who likes to work with young players and give them a chance I was surprised not to see  Martin and Sorensen on the bench. Tettey, as loyal a servant as he has been , isn't going to change a game when he comes on. Would like to see Hondermarck come into squad at some stage. What we need though is pace in the middle. Stieperman and Vrancic have none. McLean isn't pulling up trees. Dowell Is injured. We need a Pritchard type. Not him necessarily but someone who will be probing all the time. Someone like Mata. Where we get one from is a different matter.

Isn't sorensen injured? 

5 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

William Saliba from Arsenal - centre back. Loan move for him back to France fell through on Monday. Could be someone of interest to Farke and Webber should Klose get his move to Basel.

Bit weird, posted this thought 5+ hours ago having not seen this rumoured anywhere, and now this mornings Pink’un... 

‘City have already started to explore potential Premier League loan options with the domestic window open until October 16. Arsenal’s highly-rated teenage centre back William Saliba is a player of interest but reports City have launched a loan enquiry are wide of the mark. Saliba, who can also operate at right back, joined the Gunners from St Etienne for a reported £27m in 2019 but another proposed loan spell at his former club fell through in recent days.’

35 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Bit weird, posted this thought 5+ hours ago having not seen this rumoured anywhere, and now this mornings Pink’un... 

Just checked on newsnow, there’s been steady stream of reports of the Saliba loan collapse in national news & football sites since 1-2pm yesterday till now. I suppose sports journalists have access to (at least) the same sources & thought processes that we do. So the causality is inconclusive, & presumably  unlikely.

But I do love the idea of pinkun articles replying individually back to your posts. Go on, try it out.. write something else. Ask them how many fish fingers you’re holding up , or to repeat a code word or the like

• Like 1

We are now desperate for a quality No10 & active defensive cover x 2

Farke could  have rotated his tactics - but he has never done that (even when our oppo knows exactly what he will do) bless him

Farke earns a huge wage - he must have looked at all the possibilities with Webber at the future transfer probable 'news' of of all our so called  'STARS 'next season when we got predictability relegated - all of which was fully expected by a total layman outside NCFC & even more by all NCFC supporters

Then Farke never ever got his head around tactics against a 3 man defence, & perhaps even worse over 4 seasons  === SORT OUT set pieces at Corners or Free Kicks

I just suggest Farke is not capable of motivating people Head Coach after 3 seasons - very few Managers / Coaches are

Farke just needs to GO ASAP

10 hours ago, GenerationA47 said:

Just checked on newsnow, there’s been steady stream of reports of the Saliba loan collapse in national news & football sites since 1-2pm yesterday till now. I suppose sports journalists have access to (at least) the same sources & thought processes that we do. So the causality is inconclusive, & presumably  unlikely.

But I do love the idea of pinkun articles replying individually back to your posts. Go on, try it out.. write something else. Ask them how many fish fingers you’re holding up , or to repeat a code word or the like

The Saliba loan collapse back to France itself was mentioned yesterday, but I don’t recall anything specifically linking him with Norwich otherwise you can bet your life fellow posters would have been discussing it on here yesterday - incoming rumours are very thin on the ground at the moment so it would be hard to miss on this message board. The Pink’un etc only reported Saliba in the same breadth for the very first time round this morning, unless I have missed something? Not saying they’ve pinched my idea (and not saying they haven’t not pinched it either as I don’t know), but this is definitely not the first time a poster has brought up something and then a few hours later there’s a ‘new’ article mentioning the very same specific thing which in some particular cases suggested it was highly likely that it was indeed lifted from one of us folk. I know other people have mentioned this in the past too. I’m claiming it as my exclusive ha ha 😉

• Like 1