Sign in to follow this  
CUSDP

Skipp

Looked class again today. Wins his tackles, keeps it simple and reads the game well. Will go on to have a good career at the highest level, I can see why Spurs fans love him. 

shout out to Rupp also, looking good in that role over the last two games. Definitely better than McLean. 

• Like 2

One thing I noticed about Skipp; he has this habit of rushing up behind players & resting his hands on their back. There's no pressure, & no Derby player showed the slightest reaction. However, that's how he gave the penalty away against Preston.

47 minutes ago, CUSDP said:

Looked class again today. Wins his tackles, keeps it simple and reads the game well. Will go on to have a good career at the highest level, I can see why Spurs fans love him. 

shout out to Rupp also, looking good in that role over the last two games. Definitely better than McLean. 

Agree with all that CUSDP .

Skipp has hardly played any senior football at all , so I think he’s been outstanding. He’ll learn loads now he’s playing regularly and will improve further . Let’s hope we can make the most of him this season. Spurs will want him back ! 

Looks like a full England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 International player in the making to me . 

1 hour ago, nutty nigel said:

Good old Norfolk pairing according to Chris Goreham

IMG_20201003_220350.jpg.64469553905dfab94f88349126c20728.jpg

They looked good today👍

Skippandrupp! Nice one NN🙃

1 hour ago, CUSDP said:

What is your anti McLean agenda all about?

Are you anti Scottish? 

Tettey would be a better shout, might bring a bit of leadership that's desperately lacking at the minute. Tettey and Rupp next game please.

• Haha 1

Skipp has been a standout so far for me alongside Aarons.

I'm not too sure where all the love for Rupp is coming from though. Little bit of stability in the middle maybe? Would anyone say he's actually an upgrade for Trybull?

What does Rupp actually give us? His forward play is average at best and just about the same as defensively. 

He's played ok but right now ok isn't good enough.

4 hours ago, lharman7 said:

I'm not too sure where all the love for Rupp is coming from though. Little bit of stability in the middle maybe? Would anyone say he's actually an upgrade for Trybull?

What does Rupp actually give us? His forward play is average at best and just about the same as defensively. 

I think your assessment on Rupp is harsh. He has been solid in partnership with Skipp over the last two games and I would go as far to say he was one of our better players yesterday.

Skipp has been out standing, but is complimented by the more experienced Rupp.

On another note: Some posters (not suggesting you Iharman)  struggle to see past preconceived narratives regarding players and it clouds judgments. Watching Rupp yesterday play alongside Skipp was very pleasing. It's a shame about the result but that was not down to him or those two.

Edited by East Rider

4 hours ago, lharman7 said:

Would anyone say he's actually an upgrade for Trybull?

Yes.  Technically, Trybull is very good and was underrated in this aspect. His main weakness was his athleticism. Rupp can cover more ground, support attack and defence without losing much passing / technical ability from Trybull. Overall, slightly better, but not by much.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, crab man said:

Tettey would be a better shout, might bring a bit of leadership that's desperately lacking at the minute. Tettey and Rupp next game please.

No. Just no. 

5 hours ago, lharman7 said:

Think it means we're content with average.Rupp is just that. He'll be a 6.5/7 each week.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, East Rider said:

On another note: Some posters (not suggesting you Iharman)  struggle to see past preconceived narratives regarding players and it clouds judgments. Watching Rupp yesterday play alongside Skipp was very pleasing. It's a shame about the result but that was not down to him or those two.

I think Rupp has looked much better and agree him and Skipp are a good pairing, but the goal was absolutely Rupp's fault. If he was going to make the challenge he should have done it sooner higher up the pitch instead of chasing the Derby player to the edge of our box before bringing him down.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peanuts said:

I think Rupp has looked much better and agree him and Skipp are a good pairing, but the goal was absolutely Rupp's fault. If he was going to make the challenge he should have done it sooner higher up the pitch instead of chasing the Derby player to the edge of our box before bringing him down.

When it was on the halfway line Zimmerman was still to be beaten. The fact that he was left Rupp with little alternative as he was the only player covering. There was no Aarons, Gibson, Quintilla or Skipp.

8 hours ago, lharman7 said:

He's alot more mobile than Trybull, gets up and down the pitch far better than he or Leitner ever did / could. I've not looked but I imagine he makes just as many tackles and interceptions as Trybull did.

• Thanks 1