Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

On a more entertaining note Man City are tearing Leeds apart

Just now, ricardo said:

Leeds making a far better fist of the Prem than we did.

They identified where to improve and backed the manager. Look more like a top 10 team than cannon fodder. 

The people who were writing Leeds off on here are going to look very silly come the end of the season.

They realised the basic principle which you have to do when you go up: spend the money

Just now, Teemu’s right foot said:

In fairness at roughly the same stage last season we beat city 3-2 and were looking very capable 

Apart from the odd flash we never at any stage really looked capable. Even the Man City game was more a case of hanging on.

I don't see Leeds being relegated from what I have seen of them so far and tonight they look very good.

5 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

After the first twenty minutes when it looked like Man City were going to steam roller them, Leeds have arguably been the better side

Hate  saying it

But you're right

Its not often that you see Man City on the back foot but Leeds are really pushing them back. They have a pace and fitness that we never had.

2 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Apart from the odd flash we never at any stage really looked capable. Even the Man City game was more a case of hanging on.

I don't see Leeds being relegated from what I have seen of them so far and tonight they look very good.

I think after lockdown performances have clouded the memory of a lot of what went before. We looked very capable at many points last season, the early matches against city, Newcastle and Chelsea especially. Not long before lockdown there were discussions on were we the best team to ever be bottom of the PL. We had an absolutely disastrous, almost unprecedented injury list to deal with as well. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ricardo said:

Its not often that you see Man City on the back foot but Leeds are really pushing them back. They have a pace and fitness that we never had.

Be interesting to see if they can make it last the season - it has been said in the past that Bielsa's methods can tire a team out.

OTBC

3 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Lynn on BT 1-0 down. Must be the Norwich influence 😉

1-1 😀 Come on Lynn

13 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

They identified where to improve and backed the manager. Look more like a top 10 team than cannon fodder. 

And they don't have a sporting director talking like they were relegated before they'd kicked a ball. 

Some on here hate Leeds and Villa because they are the polar opposite of our 'project'. They must fail or our project is wrong.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

Some on here hate Leeds and Villa because they are the polar opposite of our 'project'. They must fail or our project is wrong.

To be honest I just hate Leeds cause a lot of their fans are pompus, stuck up twats

Simple really

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

Just now, TeemuVanBasten said:

And they don't have a sporting director talking like they were relegated before they'd kicked a ball. 

Nope but to be fair to SW this has been the Norwich philosophy after every promotion under Smith and Wynn Jones. The whole "just happy to be there" notion.

3 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

😂 either that or their fans are ****

1 minute ago, Teemu’s right foot said:

I think after lockdown performances have clouded the memory of a lot of what went before. We looked very capable at many points last season, the early matches against city, Newcastle and Chelsea especially. Not long before lockdown there were discussions on were we the best team to ever be bottom of the PL. We had an absolutely disastrous, almost unprecedented injury list to deal with as well. 

Leeds won't have to worry about being a better bottom team because they are in no danger of being in that position.

Just now, ricardo said:

Leeds won't have to worry about being a better bottom team because they are in no danger of being in that position.

Brave prediction with so much of the season still to play. We were out of the bottom 3 when we beat City. As we well know, a few key injuries and it quickly changes 

Just now, Teemu’s right foot said:

Brave prediction with so much of the season still to play. We were out of the bottom 3 when we beat City. As we well know, a few key injuries and it quickly changes 

Not on what I am seeing. There are going to be a lot of teams below Leeds this season.