NCFCInnit

Why Is This Family Still Embarrassing Our County?

Embarrassing that a club that has figured regularly in the Premier League consistently interests no investors. That should embarrass the region and the people who live in it. One family dominates. It is feudal.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, NCFCInnit said:

Embarrassing that a club that has figured regularly in the Premier League consistently interests no investors. That should embarrass the region and the people who live in it. One family dominates. It is feudal.

The alternative is working well down the road.

• Haha 1

Being obsessed by one club down the road emphasises how feudal our club is. Who gives a turnip about Ipswich? Our concerns should be directed towards Luton and Coventry.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Crafty Canary said:

Once D and MWJ have passed nephew Tom may have a different opinion on how a professional football club should be run.

Please don't tell me you seriously believe that Crafty ?

1 hour ago, NCFCInnit said:

Being obsessed by one club down the road emphasises how feudal our club is. Who gives a turnip about Ipswich? Our concerns should be directed towards Luton and Coventry.

Ipswich Town FC is the closest example of the alternative scenario which you are putting forward. That is a fact and  it has been a failure. 

1 minute ago, Block Y Seat 176 said:

Ipswich Town FC is the closest example of the alternative scenario which you are putting forward. That is a fact and  it has been a failure. 

Evening Michael, hows Delia?

44 minutes ago, Crafty Canary said:

Once D and MWJ have passed nephew Tom may have a different opinion on how a professional football club should be run.

Yeah but who says its for the better? 

Look at Karl Oyston at Blackpool after he took over control of the club from his convicted rapist father. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

Don’t want to be cruel but does delia look like she has problems?Got that where the f*#k am I look about her or to much Sherry?

6 hours ago, NCFCInnit said:

The Smiths are feudal. 

No, I think Morrissey just wanted to pursue a solo career 😉

Edited by Sooty57
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, beanoncfc said:

Don’t want to be cruel but does delia look like she has problems?Got that where the f*#k am I look about her or to much Sherry?

I think she has the look of an older celebrity chef who when the nations favourite, pioneered areas of that genre on TV whilst running a small to medium unfashionable, provincial  football club. Helping to stabilise it during an extremely uncertain time and steered (and steering) it through the biggest changes football has ever seen.

In addition, she has the look of an achiever in life, who despite the brickbats from various social media experts has actually been part of a unit to keep the multi million pound team NCFC, relevant through said turbulent times.

She often gives off an impression of someone who with the right circumstances 'should really' consider an offer for the club if the right one came in. She certainly has not got the look of a charlatan who would sell us up the river to the many suspect suiters out there.

Problems? Probably quite a few when looking at the situation.

I suspect she knows exactly where we and she is though. With or without the sherry.

14 hours ago, Crafty Canary said:

Yes, he might. And that might well be true whether or not he has become the new majority-shareholding owner.

If he's as potlesss as is made out then he has inherited a bit of a hefty challenge to the point, may be, of being handed a poisoned chalice.

Perhaps he intends to sell the shares once they are his.

3 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

If he's as potlesss as is made out then he has inherited a bit of a hefty challenge to the point, may be, of being handed a poisoned chalice.

Perhaps he intends to sell the shares once they are his.

I hope Delia & Michael are pushed out before Tom inherits the shares, but it would be hilarious after years and years of their stubbornness of not selling and media interviews labouring the point (The Times) that Tom sold up and took the cash. He may well have different thoughts and realise that the self funding model is delusional and there is no point having the shares if you are not going to do anything with them. 

Maybe he realises - as some of the public do - that his Auntie & Uncle do not offer the club anything, by refusing to invest or attracting investment?

The club with substantial assets and no debts is worth considerably more than when Michael and Delia put their money in and despite bumps in the road the value of the shares has probably soared.
This is not an attractive proposition for a prospective investor who will have to make an offer to all of us shareholders (notwithstanding they only need a majority interest) - probably at least £100 million before any squad or ground development.

We will not know the terms of any legacy  or gift to nephew Tom but unless there is a trust fund there will be a substantial tax bill so he may have a controlling interest but not own the shares outright. This could preserve the self funding mutuality model unless the assets are sold to develop a new super stadium with a development partner.

Careful what you wish for.

1 hour ago, essex canary said:

I recall they were staying away from empty grounds in solidarity with the fans. 

Look me in the eye and tell me that if they were staying away, you wouldn’t be on here complaining that they weren’t showing up