Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Does anyone not remember two years ago?

Today felt like that cup game v Luton with Hughton with Harry Kane up front. I even said it in the match thread

its a horrible, horrible game. It must inspire a big change.

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

Three points after four games - a draw a win and two losses.

Just saying.

Not really, right now Im seriously fed up of seeing my team lose 16 of the last 18 games. If you think we're going to repeat 2 years ago with a team so shot of confidence, a coach who has no Plan B and keeps playing the same ol players and a board who clearly are quite content with 14th in the Champs, then sadly you're a bit deluded mate

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Just saying.

I remember and live in hope that it happens again. Unfortunately it doesn't always work like that.

12 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Just saying.

I'm not screaming for managerial change but this does feel a bit different to two years ago. Back then we were coming off the back of a rather "meh" season with a few encouraging displays including notably against Chelsea twice that gave glimmers of hope to better things to come. We are now in a huge rut and on an awful run of that has seen us win 1 of the last 14 league games in which time we've managed to score 4 goals. That win came againt a very poor Huddersfield side. The side look so devoid of confidence. I can't see it happening but I think Farke has to swallow his pride and just get some results while maybe sacrificing his lofty footballing ideals in the short term. The players needs some wins to build their confidence not more of the same old, same old

Edited by seanthecanary
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

Yeah, sorry, four points from four games.....still the same situation.

The season hasn't really got going yet.

Any minor criticisms though Lakey on the season so far? 

2 minutes ago, Michael Wynless Jones said:

😂😂😂😂, is this bloke for real??? 

He's the very face of optisim. The kind of guy who could be stabbed and would be all "Nah I'm fine all is good" as he passes out from blood loss

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

10 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Just saying.

I thought you told us all last season, repeatedly, that what happened in the past didn't matter.

Just saying.

OTBC

• Haha 1

You can refer back to what you want, it has no relevance to the current situation. How long do we wait for the fabled turnaround? Presumably it starts next match after the international break, as per last time.  I know that I’m fed up watching us lose and barely trouble the opposition keeper. Just saying.

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

He's the very face of optisim. The kind of guy who could be stabbed and would be all "Nah I'm fine all is good"

I've seen his posts many times, they're amusing to say the least, but I'm very genuine with my question, he surely does this to troll? Is he even a City fan? 

Does anyone remember all those seasons when we've got 4 points from 4 games and finished mid-table or worse?

Edited by Making Plans

By the time we take the field at Rotherham, the transfer window will be closed, we'll know what we've got to work with, and we'll have had a clear fortnight to work on things. Today was a really sh*tty game to lose, and a massively frustrating way to lose it.

We're not going down to League One, we're not going to win the league. We're not playing brilliantly, we're not playing badly. It's a long old season, and we've got a big old squad. Let's wait and see where we are after the next three games.

• Like 1

This board seems to be divided between those who say results are paramount & those who say performances matter most.

At this stage in the season I'd say the latter. Today's performance wasn't dire, but there are obviously problems to fix. Let's see if Daniel can fix them by Christmas - plenty of time to launch an assault on the top 6 from thereon.

1 minute ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:
12 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Just saying.

I thought you told us all last season, repeatedly, that what happened in the past didn't matter.

Just saying.

OTBC

Yes, you're right, but all the wailing and gnashing of teeth by people today is very reminiscent of two years ago and while the past doesn't matter, you should never forget what has happened and try to learn from it.  It's early in the season, as it was at this stage two years ago, we are up against the wretched transfer window, trying to get new players involved.

Early days, disappointing, but as ever, there are positive signs. A little more focus, a little more cutting edge and we will win games and with momentum, we know what can happen.  The only problem is there are no fans to inspire the players on and that is true of all clubs, so the football is not likely to be so exciting. But we can and will improve.

4 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

By the time we take the field at Rotherham, the transfer window will be closed, we'll know what we've got to work with, and we'll have had a clear fortnight to work on things. Today was a really sh*tty game to lose, and a massively frustrating way to lose it.

We're not going down to League One, we're not going to win the league. We're not playing brilliantly, we're not playing badly. It's a long old season, and we've got a big old squad. Let's wait and see where we are after the next three games.

We will have none of that kind of post on here Wolfie. The world and our season has come to an end after four games.......apparently.........

21 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Just saying.

Does anyone remember our last home win

Just saying

2 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Yes, you're right, but all the wailing and gnashing of teeth by people today is very reminiscent of two years ago and while the past doesn't matter, you should never forget what has happened and try to learn from it.  It's early in the season, as it was at this stage two years ago, we are up against the wretched transfer window, trying to get new players involved.

Early days, disappointing, but as ever, there are positive signs. A little more focus, a little more cutting edge and we will win games and with momentum, we know what can happen.  The only problem is there are no fans to inspire the players on and that is true of all clubs, so the football is not likely to be so exciting. But we can and will improve.

New world record for shortest contradiction alert!

6 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

I do like your optimism I really do and you're always positive but why will the next 3 games be any different to last 18

Yes, I remember 2 years ago, where we got promoted playing a brand of football that suited the players we had and got the best out of them, quite how we've gone from that to this is the key question, not how many points we have or haven't got in the first month of the new season.

Either Farke reverts back to how we played 2 years ago or he can do one, because I'm getting pretty tired of seeing good players being made to look poor because we've decided to play in a way that suits NONE of them.

• Like 1

If people think Lakey's optimism is misplaced then surely the pessimism is also misplaced.

Without positive or negative spin it's 4 points from 4 games with 42 to play.

Just now, Mullet said:

I do like your optimism I really do and you're always positive but why will the next 3 games be any different to last 18

I'm not always positive. I'm certainly more positive than negative, but I've certainly been critical of the club, manager, tactics and/or players many times in the past. In fact, I would say that the post that you quoted is relatively balanced, isn't it?

I accept that we're stuck in a massive rut, and I can see that confidence is very low. All I'm saying in this post is that we have three games coming up that look pretty winnable; after a two-week break and with that bloody transfer window closed, we should be a lot more settled.

If things don't improve over those next three games, we really are in a pickle.

• Like 1

Farkes 1st season dull boring football, start of 2nd season slow and people wanted Farke out because of season 1. 2nd season obviously was magnificent in the end. 3rd season good in places but largely crap and the end was the most humiliating I've seen as my time as a City supporter with Farke clearly out of his depth. Season 4; slow start with dull boring football, unrest in the camp and a Coach making the wrong tactical decisions. It's either brilliant or crap under Farke, never middle ground. Too many negatives for me and it's a slog watching Norwich nowadays.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

If people think Lakey's optimism is misplaced then surely the pessimism is also misplaced.

Without positive or negative spin it's 4 points from 4 games with 42 to play.

A point a game for safety

or two points a game for promotion😁