POLL: How long should Farke Get?  

134 members have voted

1. 1. How long should Farke Get?

• None, go now
    • 6 more games
    • Until Christmas
    • Forever, and build a statue

2 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Online polls only reflect what those who can be bothered to vote think. 

I want him to stay, but I can't be bothered to vote on some arbitary poll.

I bet you don't bother to vote at a General Election and then moan about the Govt ?

7 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

I bet you don't bother to vote at a General Election and then moan about the Govt ?

A General Election is slightly more important than an online poll about whether a football manager should stay or go.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

A General Election is slightly more important than an online poll about whether a football manager should stay or go.

The poll is an indicator of how Pinkun posters see it at this moment in time and 122 is a fair number of posters who use this site. You and a handful of others are usually quick to dismiss those who do not subscribe to your view and describe them as being a large minority but it appears not to be the case.

20 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

The poll is an indicator of how Pinkun posters see it at this moment in time and 122 is a fair number of posters who use this site.

But it is not all the posters.

Polls put out with an agenda to attract those that are "anti" will nearly always get the "anti" result they were looking for.

29 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Polls put out with an agenda to attract those that are "anti" will nearly always get the "anti" result they were looking for.

No poll on any subject has a 100% turnout but this one indicates there are more Negative Nancy's around than you care to think. How many posters do you think have logged in over the weekend then because i think a sizeable number of them have voted, in fact i suggest a decent majority.

I just wonder what you would be saying if options 3 or 4 outweighed 1 and 2 by a sizeable number ?

2 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

No poll on any subject has a 100% turnout but this one indicates there are more Negative Nancy's around than you care to think. How many posters do you think have logged in over the weekend then because i think a sizeable number of them have voted, in fact i suggest a decent majority.

I just wonder what you would be saying if options 3 or 4 outweighed 1 and 2 by a sizeable number ?

I dunno, I just think polls like this satisfy nobody.

3 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

To be fair if you take out Waveneys multiple accounts they probably do

• Haha 1

On 03/10/2020 at 17:14, Badger said:

It depends upon results - we can't keep losing games without making a change at some stage. He won't last until Christmas if we keep losing. 

Having said that, disappointing as the last two games have been, I take some optimism from the fact that both losses were against the run of play. However, if we keep finding ways to lose...

But we do indeed keep finding ways to lose. It's still too easy to score against us and unless and until Farke solves that problem he is inevitably on borrowed time. We'll always remember 18-19, but the last 15 months have been very frustrating when you consider what might have been with just a little more flexibility.

I don't see him leaving unless we find ourselves in a relegation battle. You would have to say that with our squad that looks unlikely.

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

As I said to Tilly, that poll was put out at a time when emotions were running particularly high, I’d love to see how it read if it was done when posters were of calm mind and not frustrated at a late loss. I wouldn’t mind betting if that was done say the moment the transfer window closes having kept Emi, Max and Todd plus brought in an exciting young centre back then you can absolutely bet your life it wouldn’t be remotely close to 50/50. The fact is, the only option of the 4 for those that want to stick with Farke is something a bit silly - ‘keep him forever and build a statue’. It’s totally skewed...

More interesting - and certainly more relevant - is whom do those who vote for either of the first two categories suggest as a replacement? 

I get the argument that, on reflection, Farke might only be seen as a manager who did good (but actually REALLY good, lest we forget) for 6 or 7 months between November 2018 and the following May, but looking around at the current level of competition, I still think NCFC have a reasonable chance of achieving top six in a league which is barely underway this season.

What with a number of some of the best players on the verge of possible departure, I would have thought that stability at management level is of paramount importance atm.

Would it have not been possible to have included an option somewhere between this Christmas and statue-bearing immortality, btw?

This has the feel of our promotion season. Early disappointment and not yet knowing our best team. So while I voted for option 3, it is really signs of the team gelling that I am looking for. Just keep moving in the right direction even if there are bumps along the way. 

• Like 1