POLL: How long should Farke Get?  

134 members have voted

1. 1. How long should Farke Get?

• None, go now
    • 6 more games
    • Until Christmas
    • Forever, and build a statue

5 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

59 responses already, well nobody can say the Pink'un is dead! 

1 hour ago, NCFCInnit said:

Why isn't there a minus option? to take into account the end of last season?

Because I haven't got the patent approved for my time machine yet. 

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Sorry you aren't my type. 

It was not an invite for a meal for two Teemu.

2 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Good, because I'm looking for a Holly Willoughby lookalike. 

Todd Cantwell?

• Haha 1

My heart says 6 games, my head says he should have left at the start of last season for not being supported by the board. 

I can't see him turning it around, but the only way I can see the board getting tense is that we hover above the relegation zone and/or it is known that he has lost the dressing room. 

I want him to succeed, yet his stock is collapsing game by game. Shame, but he should have known better and should have had more self respect. The club took the ****. 

On 03/10/2020 at 15:39, king canary said:

Said Christmas although that obviously comes with caveats. 

Feeling more and more like he had one excellent season and can't recapture it though.

One season after turning the team around the previous season. 

Then a season in the prem with no resources. 

This season is the true test. 

To be claiming he should go now is simply idiotic of people to suggest. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jerrykerry said:

Then a season in the prem with no resources.

As Webber admitted himself, he led Daniel into battle without a gun.

Pretty sure a Klopp or Guardiola in charge with such limited resources and a horrific injury list would have brought the same outcome...

13 hours ago, Mario Harper****e said:

It’s good to be able to see who voted for what.. that way you can confirm who is a total moron/troll without having to guess from their posts 

So only 17% of City fans aren't morons then?

On 03/10/2020 at 16:58, Highland Canary said:

look how Sheffield Utd and Villa have kicked on

Sheff Utd, one point on the bottom of the division.  Early days, I know, but get relegated this season and they will be up against it.  It's a lottery. 

End of this season for me, but dependent on performances. That slip on the penalty was just... well, classic Along Come Norwich territory. If we'd scored that, that game was won as Derby would basically have had to come at us, we'd be on 7 from 12 and generally looking upwards.

Remember, we won the Championship after a poor opening six (and a proper stuffing against Leeds), sneaked a 1-0 against Middlesborough, and had a few more hard-fought single-goal wins before climbing the table, and Farke's also got a knack in the Champs of pulling out wins after international breaks. He's got to integrate a lot of players again as well as handle a relegation hangover, and there were signs v. Derby that they were getting quite close. First 15 and the move for the penalty were splendid.

I think they're quite close to clicking, but it may need a few more games before they do.

• Like 1

It's really hard to say for me.  Despite what others seem to think, I don't see that he has "lost" the dressing room at this moment in time.  Questions over Cantwell's attitude aside, I haven't seen a lack of effort or willingness to work from the players. You would normally expect to see those things but I've seen little in any of the games we've played so far to indicate the players has lost faith.  Clearly morale is low and confidence is fragile. At some point the question will need to be asked by the board as to whether Farke can repair that confidence.  The other question would be whether Farke has become predictable and too stubborn to change quickly.  Every league game so far has followed the same pattern if we need a goal.  First, Idah comes on and if that doesn't work, then Hugill goes on sometime in the last 10 minutes.  I do accept that with injuries and players being unavailable for other reasons, his options have been somewhat limited though. 

The other point is that the players just simply have to do better.  Maybe the way we are being set up and sent out isn't helping but just taking Derby as an example, you have to convert more of that possession into chances and you have to take the chances you do make.  We get into some good attacking positions but all too often it leads to nowhere. Lastly, as a team you simply cannot keep conceding chances to the opposition where one minute we are in possession of the ball in attack and seconds later the opposition are in on our goal.  The amount of times we have ball, give it away and are instantly in danger has to stop.  You can talk tactics, systems etc all you like but it's just not acceptable to me how vulnerable we are when we have possession of the football.

Edited by seanthecanary

24 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

End of this season for me, but dependent on performances. That slip on the penalty was just... well, classic Along Come Norwich territory. If we'd scored that, that game was won as Derby would basically have had to come at us, we'd be on 7 from 12 and generally looking upwards.

Remember, we won the Championship after a poor opening six (and a proper stuffing against Leeds), sneaked a 1-0 against Middlesborough, and had a few more hard-fought single-goal wins before climbing the table, and Farke's also got a knack in the Champs of pulling out wins after international breaks. He's got to integrate a lot of players again as well as handle a relegation hangover, and there were signs v. Derby that they were getting quite close. First 15 and the move for the penalty were splendid.

I think they're quite close to clicking, but it may need a few more games before they do.

Agreed. Took ‘Forever & a statue’ as the closest to this position

17 minutes ago, seanthecanary said:

The other point is that the players just simply have to do better.  Maybe the way we are being set up and sent out isn't helping but just taking Derby as an example, you have to convert more of that possession into chances and you have to take the chances you do make.  We get into some good attacking positions but all too often it leads to nowhere. Lastly, as a team you simply cannot keep conceding chances to the opposition where one minute we are in possession of the ball in attack and seconds later the opposition are in on our goal.  The amount of times we have ball, give it away and are instantly in danger has to stop.  You can talk tactics, systems etc all you like but it's just not acceptable to me how vulnerable we are when we have possession of the football.

The players look scared to try anything, with the exception of Emi at the weekend they were only playing the "safe" ball, those passes through the defence were telegraphed and easily cut-out by a tight 3-man defence. We're so scared of conceding possession and getting a chance against us we're playing too safe and not creating anything. Hugill up front to get on the end of some of the dozens of wasted crosses would help massively, generating knock-downs and 2nd balls in the box that are begging to be smashed in.

9 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

The players look scared to try anything, with the exception of Emi at the weekend they were only playing the "safe" ball, those passes through the defence were telegraphed and easily cut-out by a tight 3-man defence. We're so scared of conceding possession and getting a chance against us we're playing too safe and not creating anything. Hugill up front to get on the end of some of the dozens of wasted crosses would help massively, generating knock-downs and 2nd balls in the box that are begging to be smashed in.

I would agree, I would like to see Pukki playing with Hugill.  We know Pukki can finish and if teams are not going to allow him the space to get in behind and/or stop people playing those through balls for him then maybe playing off Hugill might help him.

Poll’s a bit skewed to me (I suspect very deliberately), the only option of the 4 for those who remember our last start to a Championship season and are essentially thinking the blokes doing a very good job with both arms tied behind his back is a bit stupid - ‘Forever and build him a statue’?

2 hours ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

That's one way of looking at it, I would say - and this was very much mirrored in the Championship-winning season too - that when the team is more settled, their passing game and movement will speed up and become more fluid. Then we'll naturally become far more dangerous in attack for prolonged periods of matches. At the moment we're half-a-yard behind.

That second half against Bournemouth was very tidy in parts, the first 15 against Derby were excellent, and that move for the penalty were all signs that it's coming and the newer players are beginning to get used to what's expected of them, whilst some of the old set are getting that hangover out.

• Like 1

112 voted now and it shows 50% thinking Farke should either go now or only be given 6 more games.

5 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

112 voted now and it shows 50% thinking Farke should either go now or only be given 6 more games.

There’s no doubting there’s sections of the support that want him gone after a season which was essentially almost impossible for him or any other manager to succeed in given budget and injuries, but I’d be interested to see how this poll had played out if it wasn’t started at a time when supporters emotions were running particularly high. I suspect there wouldn’t have been so many knee jerk reactions as you typically get after losing so late on.

8 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

I honestly can't believe some posters are surprised by that. This is Farke's 4th season, he's still displaying tactical naivety, bringing on subs far too late to change the game and giving the same waffling excuses as he has in previous years. The only reason the club got a pass last year was because they set expectations really low, admitting they weren't going to sign anyone and effectively telling the fans that they were using that season to balance the books, protect our young stars and get relegated in preparation for a fresh assault to get back into the EPL quickly. But the tactics aren't working, the points aren't coming, the starlets are being sold and we're languishing in 16th place. The fans have shown plenty of patience but expectations have been set and the club only has itself to blame. It's a damn good thing that there were no fans in the stadium on Saturday because I expect the moment that Rooney free kick went in there would have been some serious discontent shown towards Farke, Webber and the board.

1 hour ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

I honestly can't believe some posters are surprised by that. This is Farke's 4th season, he's still displaying tactical naivety, bringing on subs far too late to change the game and giving the same waffling excuses as he has in previous years. The only reason the club got a pass last year was because they set expectations really low, admitting they weren't going to sign anyone and effectively telling the fans that they were using that season to balance the books, protect our young stars and get relegated in preparation for a fresh assault to get back into the EPL quickly. But the tactics aren't working, the points aren't coming, the starlets are being sold and we're languishing in 16th place. The fans have shown plenty of patience but expectations have been set and the club only has itself to blame. It's a damn good thing that there were no fans in the stadium on Saturday because I expect the moment that Rooney free kick went in there would have been some serious discontent shown towards Farke, Webber and the board.

Good post , I think farke has to turn it around quickly there were some positives against derby , but results and performances have to improve , so many players out of sorts at the moment .😂

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

Online polls are no indicatiuon of anything.

None so blind as those who do not want to see.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:
4 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Online polls are no indicatiuon of anything.

None so blind as those who do not want to see

Online polls only reflect what those who can be bothered to vote think. 

I want him to stay, but I can't be bothered to vote on some arbitary poll.