Sign in to follow this  
Tony DaWonderful

Stoke at home 2 seasons ago

Its time for my return!

Too many pant wetters have taken over this forum...Have they actually watched the game today?! Do they understand football at all?!

It was almost the spit of the Stoke game 2 seasons ago, dominated the whole game to be undone with one bit of quality (Stoke game was Tim's own goal I know). However we went on a good run after that and I fully expect the Farker and the team to turn it around this time. These sort of games today come round at least once or twice a season.

I saw our back 4 seldom worked, the midfield totally dominant and Pukki, Aaron's and Hugill so very unlucky!

So I suggest to reflect before you post the negative comments the game was no where near the disaster people are making out!

Otbc

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Tony DaWonderful said:

Its time for my return!

Too many pant wetters have taken over this forum...Have they actually watched the game today?! Do they understand football at all?!

It was almost the spit of the Stoke game 2 seasons ago, dominated the whole game to be undone with one bit of quality (Stoke game was Tim's own goal I know). However we went on a good run after that and I fully expect the Farker and the team to turn it around this time. These sort of games today come round at least once or twice a season.

I saw our back 4 seldom worked, the midfield totally dominant and Pukki, Aaron's and Hugill so very unlucky!

So I suggest to reflect before you post the negative comments the game was no where near the disaster people are making out!

Otbc

You're right of course - I suppose massively frustrating would be a good description. 

It was nothing like the Stoke game. We cheered the players off the park after that match as they gave everything and played well.

We were not unlucky today, we were powder puff in attack, showed no urgency and were average at best, against a poor Derby team.

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, Clint said:

It was nothing like the Stoke game. We cheered the players off the park after that match as they gave everything and played well.

We were not unlucky today, we were powder puff in attack, showed no urgency and were average at best, against a poor Derby team.

You clearly weren't at Stoke either! Cantwell dragged a shot wide in that game and that was it. We dominated that game and got nothing too....and sorry for not being able to cheer the boys today!

Edited by Tony DaWonderful
expanding on point

9 minutes ago, Tony DaWonderful said:

Its time for my return!

Otbc

Leaving aside the penalty miss that can happen to anyone, please clarify how Pukki was 'unlucky'? He is carrying on the Project Restart form unfortunately. 

They might be a poor Derby team. But I wouldn't be too keen to make that judgement, or any team judgement after four games.

Just now, nutty nigel said:

They might be a poor Derby team. But I wouldn't be too keen to make that judgement, or any team judgement after four games.

Very true but it is currently very difficult to see us changing the direction of travel anytime soon.

1 minute ago, Tony DaWonderful said:

Pukki's penalty was unlucky..end of

Pukki had one chance and fell over.

Rooney had one chance and didn't fall over.

Nothing lucky or unlucky about either, just class

If we dominate games like this every week we WILL win more than we lose. Only one team attacked today! If we had created nothing then I would say fair enough to the negative comments.

12 minutes ago, Clint said:

Was the Pukki slip not bad luck, do you think had the penalty had gone in the result would have been different?..........

9 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

Rooney's free kick was absolute class of course, but he made a complete mess of two other very good attacking situations. 

6 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

Thats brutally harsh and symptomatic of the negativity on this forum!

Edited by Tony DaWonderful
poor sentence
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

Very true but it is currently very difficult to see us changing the direction of travel anytime soon.

It's always very difficult for you to visualise anything positive happening regarding NCFC, I agree.

We have Rotherham, Birmingham and Wycombe in our next three games. How many points are you expecting us to get from those three matches?

2 minutes ago, Tony DaWonderful said:

Thats brutally harsh and symptomatic of the negativity on this forum!

So spelling it out how it was is negativity....Oh OK !

9 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Was the Pukki slip not bad luck, do you think had the penalty had gone in the result would have been different?..........

Depends if he had the right studs on, if as the punditry team stated, he had moulds on, on a saturated pitch then it's not bad luck at all. 

2 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Humour and wit will not be tolerated after such a cataclysmic performance....you know this Til

6 minutes ago, Michael Wynless Jones said:

Depends if he had the right studs on, if as the punditry team stated, he had moulds on, on a saturated pitch then it's not bad luck at all. 

He did'nt have moulded.They were screw ins.Simply unlucky, a la Beckham.

We didn’t dominate the whole game, We dominated possession but done very, very little with it. You make it sound like that should have been a convincing win and that we’ve peppered their goal with efforts. There was some nice intricate passing with very little end product

17 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Very binary argument, could it not be argued that Rooney was lucky not to fall over?. I suppose his two air shots will be conveniently forgotten to support the negative narrative in respect of Pukki. Maybe Teemu could become the new scapegoat when Todd leaves?..........

1 hour ago, Tony DaWonderful said:

Its time for my return!

Otbc

Here we go the self opiniated fools surface. Anyone who doesn't toe the happy clappers party line is a pant wetter, sad loser. 

1 hour ago, mannings bandy legs said:

He did'nt have moulded.They were screw ins.Simply unlucky, a la Beckham.

There's a photo on the FB page which shows clearly he had moulded boots on. That really is inexcusable, even at the level I played at we got our bloody studs right before a game. 

1 hour ago, City fan said:

Here we go the self opiniated fools surface. Anyone who doesn't toe the happy clappers party line is a pant wetter, sad loser. 

Wow...Nice thought out comeback that. Some seriously good points that will make me reevaluate my post. Do you write for the Guardian by chance?