Once again the lack of investment by the board is showing. Raked in SO much cash but spent almost none of it where it matters - on the pitch. 

They never back the team on promotion - they can’t compete and it shows. I feel for Farke and, if I was him, I would walk. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Once again the lack of investment by the board is showing. Raked in SO much cash but spent almost none of it where it matters - on the pitch. 

They never back the team on promotion - they can’t compete and it shows. I feel for Farke and, if I was him, I would walk. 

It’s so sad that many on here wouldn’t have it any other way too. 

Well, if the Webberlution flatters to decieve then we'll be left with two options ...

The boom, bust and stagnation approach of 1995-2017.

Or ...

Trying to mirror Leicester and Wolves.

Let's see what the future holds!

Well, if the Webberlution flatters to decieve then we'll be left with two options ...

The boom, bust and stagnation approach of 1995-2017.

Or ...

Trying to mirror Leicester and Wolves.

Let's see what the future holds!

Early days not helped by constant speculation surrounding our players and a management team going back on their promise to come back stronger. It's no wonder better players will want to go to a club with ambition. Maybe it is time for a change as our home record has been absolutely appalling for far too long but if Farke goes I would hasten Webber's already stated ambition to leave as well.

Personally I would like a change at the top but we know this is her club and not ours so not worth the effort....

Frustrating as there has been glimpses of past form.. the passage of play for the penalty for one. Same old story of not taking chances still there though. I'd drop Pukki.

It's not a matter of whether Farke and Webber will go, but when will  they go. Farke should have been sacked last season, but should have walked before that as he was not supported. Farke could have the whole starting XI sold and he would still not complain. Ideal Delia manager. 

There is clearly something wrong at CR and I can only see a new manager pulling everyone together. 

Edited by komakino

Well it was a fair comment then- we didn't compete in Premiership last time round and even Webber admitted it. So criticism of the ambition then was totally justified. And today my question for the discussion board has been will it be different this time? if so why? If not what lies ahead? 

3 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Well it was a fair comment then- we didn't compete in Premiership last time round and even Webber admitted it. So criticism of the ambition then was totally justified. And today my question for the discussion board has been will it be different this time? if so why? If not what lies ahead? 

That was your assessment of this season. Not  last time round in the prem.

If it had been last season you would have had a fair few "floating posters" giving you the thumbs up.

Edited by nutty nigel
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

So criticism of the ambition then was totally justified.

No it wasn't. (see below)

On 03/10/2020 at 14:43, Dean Coneys boots said:

They never back the team on promotion - they can’t compete and it shows.

48 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Your post was in October in reference to this season.

You and your lot were wrong (as per usual).

I think we've done a pretty good job of 'coming back stronger' 

P.S - I dont see whats wrong with bumping threads where people, the usual people, couldn't wait to lay into their own club with clearly zero ability to objectively judge the situation.

• Like 2

On 03/10/2020 at 15:12, komakino said:

It's not a matter of whether Farke and Webber will go, but when will  they go. Farke should have been sacked last season, but should have walked before that as he was not supported. Farke could have the whole starting XI sold and he would still not complain. Ideal Delia manager. 

There is clearly something wrong at CR and I can only see a new manager pulling everyone together. 

This is just fantastic. Remember defending Farke at the time. Anyone who couldn't see he was a top coach particularly at are level doesn't know football.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

What a load of complete rubbish, you were quite clearly talking about this season.

You are exactly the type of ‘fan’ that Stuart Webber referred to in the recent podcast, and it really wasn’t a glowing endorsement I might add.

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

This is just fantastic. Remember defending Farke at the time. Anyone who couldn't see he was a top coach particularly at are level doesn't know football.

I think the Farke in or out poll from earlier this season might make for some interesting reading... 😉

4 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

I think the Farke in or out poll from earlier this season might make for some interesting reading... 😉

Do it do it do it do it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, All the Germans said:

Do it do it do it do it.

Seconded. I'm delighted to have been proven wrong and indeed bumped up the predo thread a couple of times. I said I thought we'd be in the play-off placings but get honked out in the semis. Which was still a fairly optimistic predo compared to some, but ended up being spectacularly, wonderfully wrong.

On 03/10/2020 at 14:43, Dean Coneys boots said:

Give them a chance. It’s investment for next season that is wanted, not this.Those in control have just seen this squad promoted! And is there a transfer window open!? 

1 hour ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

I generally try to be polite on this forum, but really? Honestly? Would you like to see our club sold to an American pension fund?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I generally try to be polite on this forum, but really? Honestly? Would you like to see our club sold to an American pension fund?

His club already has been......

1 hour ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Well it was a fair comment then- we didn't compete in Premiership last time round....

It's the Premier League. The Premiership sailed years ago.....

Yep! the grass is clearly greener when a billionaire businessman with no interest in football owns your club. I mean, just look at all those fans of Arsenal, Liverpool, Manchester United, Manchester City, Tottenham, and Chelsea, desperate enough to break covid restrictions in order to chant their sheer delight at the behaviour of their owners this week. 

• Thanks 1