Mullet

Eddie Howe where are you

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Eddie Howe had 1 year left on his deal when walking out of Bournemouth, that may mean we'd owe them compensation?

We need someone to get the best out of our very good players, Norwich are bigger than Bournemouth and he had the humility to walk away once they were relegated. I've always rated him surely Webber must go get him

Let's be realistic, not many managers of any repute would want to work under the current regime. So if Farke was to leave, I would be expecting him to be replaced by an equally inexperienced coach who is willing to tow the line.

"Johnson knows some of the other players who have recently been involved in the Bournemouth story, and who are now out of the picture after apparently falling out with the manager."

“Eddie had Jermain Defoe, Asmir Begovic and Sylvain Distin, three well-established Premier League players with a lot of experience, the sort of the players Bournemouth need to help them stay in the league, but every one of them fell out with Eddie.

“I played with all three of these guys and they don’t fall out with anybody, so it blows my mind a little bit when Eddie is the only common denominator, that all three of them fell out with him.

Edited by Icecream Snow

I think the Eddie Howe love-in isn't quite warranted. He did very well at Bournemouth, but they spent a lot more money than people realise and he was at a club where he's legend and virtually untouchable.

I don't think he'd be able to replicate his success with another club, in all honesty. He'd be under more pressure when the going gets tough and he wouldn't be able to overspend on players the way he did at Bournemouth.

• Like 4

Yes please. He won't come here though. No one with ambition will they know what sort of set up it is.

Howe had good money to spend at Bournemouth.

I suspect he is waiting for an owner with an ambitious plans for his or her club and sufficient funds to help make that happen.

4 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I think the Eddie Howe love-in isn't quite warranted. He did very well at Bournemouth, but they spent a lot more money than people realise and he was at a club where he's legend and virtually untouchable.

I don't think he'd be able to replicate his success with another club, in all honesty. He'd be under more pressure when the going gets tough and he wouldn't be able to overspend on players the way he did at Bournemouth.

I think by his own admission he's very much a micro-manager who works long hours and doesn't really delegate. It's fine if you can build something from the ground up, but he's used to having control over the whole operation, so it's difficult to see a personality like that just being a head coach.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

I think by his own admission he's very much a micro-manager who works long hours and doesn't really delegate. It's fine if you can build something from the ground up, but he's used to having control over the whole operation, so it's difficult to see a personality like that just being a head coach.

This too. He basically was Bournemouth; he could do or have anything he wanted. He'll never find another environment like it.

1 hour ago, Mullet said:

We need you big time

Farke out for sure hasn't got a clue so predictable play 4-2-3-1 every game  we look awful Eddie how would be a great choice  

No manager with any hint of ambition will ever come to Norwich whilst we sit in the graveyard of ambition within the club.

One hand tied behind your back from the off, and both hands tied whenever we just happen to get to the Prem. Pointless.

3 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

More chance of Delia sacking Farke and replacing him as manager with herself.

Please be realistic when it comes to the idea of a new mananger.

That would be interesting. 

Eddie Howe would of course be brilliant  but unfortunately it won't happen and even if the board attempted it then there is no way that a ambitious coach would come here i don't think.  The suggestion of Ian Culverhouse from Kings Lynn made me laugh - would probably be our level and would not surprise me he is already on the boards succession list as someone who won't rock the apple cart 😂

5 hours ago, OnDaBall said:

Let's be realistic, not many managers of any repute would want to work under the current regime. So if Farke was to leave, I would be expecting him to be replaced by an equally inexperienced coach who is willing to tow the line.

Seriously???

I would imagine there would be quite a few managers wanting to get hold of that squad with a few quid to sign players. 

7 minutes ago, Big O said:

Seriously???

I would imagine there would be quite a few managers wanting to get hold of that squad with a few quid to sign players. 

Maybe come here with the squad and money but with Webber in charge ? 

If ever there was an over rated manager it’s got to be Howe. If only his ability as a football manager was as good as his PR.

He had an Olygark as a benefactor who paid huge wages. Their ‘success’ was to be expected.