Uncle Fred

Official Farke out thread

In the Prem we could have played 10 yards further up the pitch at times. Maybe we should sit a bit deeper this season. Teams will naturally set up two banks of defensive when playing a good footballing side. Draw them on to us. Press from up top, like we did two seasons ago. 

Jury still out on Webber signings. We still haven't made a big profit on one of them yet. 

28 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Yeah but you never wanted Alex Neil sacked, and that needed to happen for us to get Farke, so there is always that. 

Actually I did..not as early as some. And hes pretty much proven to be a good manager since.

The Happy clappers will knock anyone on here who want Farke out- but underneath they know that how we playing is not good enough 

Edited by baldy09
grammer

Just now, Midlands Yellow said:

Cautious Chris would still be here if Lakey was listened to. 

Exactly, its the same posters backing managers for too long every time.

But that makes no sense. They backed Hughton, but then were happy with Alex Neil. They backed Alex Neil, but were then happy with Farke. 

Farke has had a good run, three and a bit seasons is a good innings in modern day football. It will look good on his CV, for his next gig he should try and get St. Pauli up to the Bundesliga or something. 

Nice having him around but he's lost his edge and its rubbing off on the players. 

I called this well before the season started - some people really don’t see the bigger picture and how it can take a while to find your feet after relegation.

Look back through the records - relegation and regrouping can take time, particularly with this ridiculous transfer window situation, but absolutely nothing is won or lost after 4 games.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I do, away from here thank f*ck.

Its like pigs rolling in sh*t on here at the moment.

What exactly were you expecting to find on here for the next day or so ? Oh don't forget to take your phone with you as i cannot imagine what life must be like for you without your hourly fix of the Pinkun.

Just now, hogesar said:

Actually I did..not as early as some. And hes pretty much proven to be a good manager since.

Yes and Farke will prove himself to be good again.

Sometimes people need a fresh challenge.

You can be a good software developer, burn out a bit in year four at your firm, and leave for another company. I'm sure you'd prove yourself to be capable again at the new employer, but that doesn't really matter to the previous employer as long as they do a good job of recruiting your replacement. 

Be careful what you wish for, Tony Pulis is still out of work. Nobody would want that fate would they?

Just now, TIL 1010 said:

What exactly were you expecting to find on here for the next day or so ? Oh don't forget to take your phone with you as i cannot imagine what life must be like for you without your hourly fix of the Pinkun.

We arent all old men confined to our homes with nothing better to do than browse on here and perv on pictures of young women, Til.

34 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

1 win in about 20 , worst run in clubs history

playing badly with little conviction 

it’s time for fresh ideas and approach

it is with regret that I am today calling for the immediate and unconditional resignation of Farke 

I'll say this, you play your character well on this forum - have you ever considered a career in the theatre?

OTBC

32 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

Entirely different situation this is his squad on the worst run in club history

no excuses this time , he has to go 

Is it his squad or the one given to him by Webber ?

Just now, TeemuVanBasten said:

Yes and Farke will prove himself to be good again.

Sometimes people need a fresh challenge.

You can be a good software developer, burn out a bit in year four at your firm, and leave for another company. I'm sure you'd prove yourself to be capable again at the new employer, but that doesn't really matter to the previous employer as long as they do a good job of recruiting your replacement. 

I dont deny that, but I don't think Farke has reached that time or is even close to it in reality.

Pukki scores the pen today and none of these conversations are happening, I guarantee it.

• Like 1

Careful what you wish for, Farke has many attributes, he has a different challenge on his hands now a loss of confidence  in a number of his championship  tried and test group who look shadows of what they were. This is not Farkes fault it is the result of a squad getting a real bashing  during the second half of last season, many of them still look hungover and shell shocked,  no one having shots or taking responsibility. The loss of the younger players for big money has not contributed to the way we are playing, we are not making chances or scoring goals when we used to. Other players in the squad need to be given a go with the hope that those who have lost confidence and belief may be able to get it back. Continued poor displays and results alas is only going to make the situation worse.  We need some tried and tested championship players who are leaders and confident individuals, not too late to get a couple

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Exactly, its the same posters backing managers for too long every time.

But that makes no sense. They backed Hughton, but then were happy with Alex Neil. They backed Alex Neil, but were then happy with Farke. 

Farke has had a good run, three and a bit seasons is a good innings in modern day football. It will look good on his CV, for his next gig he should try and get St. Pauli up to the Bundesliga or something. 

Nice having him around but he's lost his edge and its rubbing off on the players. 

Lots of sense there but you can only wonder what might have been if Farke had been remotely backed after promotion. How many players have left for tens of millions under his tenure but with very little reinvested? 

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

I dont deny that, but I don't think Farke has reached that time or is even close to it in reality.

Pukki scores the pen today and none of these conversations are happening, I guarantee it.

I think he gets 4-6 more games. 

I'm done with him, too much went wrong last season. Shambolic end to it. Shambolic start to this.

If he can turn it around before the end of the month then he has to go.

4 minutes ago, hogesar said:

We arent all old men confined to our homes with nothing better to do than browse on here and perv on pictures of young women, Til.

Only confined to home due to having a holiday a week or so ago and ever considered where i got the photos from to publish on here ? Hardly perving when you nick them off social media to attract people like you to pass comment so you could call them a whooooosh moment. There was me thinking you knew everything about everything.

Edited by TIL 1010

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Lots of sense there but you can only wonder what might have been if Farke had been remotely backed after promotion. How many players have left for tens of millions under his tenure but with very little reinvested? 

I do agree here, because he could have at least moulded those players over the course of that season. Possibly younger players, give them a taste of football, relegated then into the team.

These players exiting should have been replaced by quality that we'd been brought in last summer, not this summer. 

Instead of buying Hugill this season, we should have just spent some money on somebody better than Drmic last summer. 

All managers have a shelf life and few survive longer than 2/3 seasons anymore, simply because players need revitalising periodically.

Our players our playing nowhere near their peak and in order for Farkeball to work, they need to be. They don’t look sharp, the passing is off and most importantly, they don’t look confident. Pukki being the most obvious example of this.

It’s just my opinion but I just cannot see this changing. With every defeat and quality player leaving, the situation simply worsens. The rot has set in and set in deep. 

It’s not working now so how bad is Farkeball going to be without Buendia and Aaron’s?

4 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

To have seen how relatively easily Derbys back 3 were coping with our threat...to only bring Hugill on with 5 mins to go is inexcusible

It was bloody obvious, yet he still didn't see it.

Centre midfield is still a big problem. We are counting on Stieperman,  Vrancic and McLean who all took us up but then didn't perform in the PL. Skipp is  a decent loan signing but we need other options in there. Wht would these players give their all to get promoted knowing they will be left out again. Vranci and Stieperman  have no place which is something we lack when we try to up the tempo

3 minutes ago, hogesar said:

He didn't though did he, he skied it. 

If Snodgrass hadn't have taken the ball from Van Wolfswinkel he'd have been the next Van Persie, etc etc, ifs and buts.

3 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I think he gets 4-6 more games. 

Our next three are Rotherham, Birmingham and Wycombe. If we somehow fail to win any of those three, the pressure would be pretty massive on him. Much as I love the aspiration of playing possession football, we need to be better at breaking down stubborn defences or this is going to be a long and painful season.

6 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

Well, this thread is a real surprise.

Yep and it has already attracted a couple of posters that Uncle Fred set out to catch.

9 minutes ago, hogesar said:

What does your grandmother think of it all today? 

• Haha 1