Sign in to follow this  
City fan

Times up

16 defeats from last 18 games is sacking form. Forget covid, forget self funding. No excuses. 

Edited by City fan
Add
  • Like 1

Shocking does not even begin cover it. Anyone looking at that statistic would think we have gone bust, got rid of all our players and fielding a team of 15/16 year olds to fulfull our fixtures.

Edited by TIL 1010
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, City fan said:

16 defeats from last 18 games is sacking form. Forget covid, forget self funding. No excuses. 

Absolutely.  But our board has consistently demonstrated a failure to act decisively, preferring to dither until it’s too late.

Just now, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

If only Todd had been playing, two defeats and no goals since he has been left out of the squad........

Notwithstanding your faith in all things Cantwell, I really doubt that his presence would have made the slightest difference.  After all, he was present for most of last season when we managed to lose almost every week.

Just now, Jonncfc said:

Notwithstanding your faith in all things Cantwell, I really doubt that his presence would have made the slightest difference.  After all, he was present for most of last season when we managed to lose almost every week.

There you go again, different league and different season, do you not accept that Todd was instrumental in our promotion season, and can you show me conflicting stats that say I am wrong about our record so far in this league season with him in and out of the squad?. It is not so much my faith in Todd as it it offering up a possible explanation for two defeats and no goals scored........

1 minute ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

There you go again, different league and different season, do you not accept that Todd was instrumental in our promotion season, and can you show me conflicting stats that say I am wrong about our record so far in this league season with him in and out of the squad?. It is not so much my faith in Todd as it it offering up a possible explanation for two defeats and no goals scored........

Oh for goodness sake, it’s not all about one player who may or may not have made a difference had he been playing.  It’s about the abject failure that was apparent last season and which is continuing now.

8 minutes ago, Jonncfc said:

Oh for goodness sake, it’s not all about one player who may or may not have made a difference had he been playing.  It’s about the abject failure that was apparent last season and which is continuing now.

And there we have it..........

2 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

The games I saw last season Todd certainly did make a difference.

I must have missed the difference he made in the last 14 games.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

I must have missed the difference he made in the last 14 games.

I missed all those too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nutty nigel said:

The games I saw last season Todd certainly did make a difference.

how exactly? He also played a bit part the season before.

It has been very tight in both games we lost and I think Farke is doing the best with what he has at his disposable... The difference in both games has been that bit of class to win or save you games. If we continue to sell our best assets so that the same owners can remain in charge then changing manager will have little or no long term difference. 

I would suggest that the money the club has got for Lewis and Godfrey is down to the coaching of Farke.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

It has been very tight in both games we lost and I think Farke is doing the best with what he has at his disposable... The difference in both games has been that bit of class to win or save you games. If we continue to sell our best assets so that the same owners can remain in charge then changing manager will have little or no long term difference. 

I would suggest that the money the club has got for Lewis and Godfrey is down to the coaching of Farke.

Your post covers the positives and negatives of Farke nicely. Yes he has coached Lewis and Godfrey well, and better still Aarons. However, he has not made best use of what he has at his disposal by a long way and for me that is the massive issue with him. Another 6 games to see where we are.

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

Your post covers the positives and negatives of Farke nicely. Yes he has coached Lewis and Godfrey well, and better still Aarons. However, he has not made best use of what he has at his disposal by a long way and for me that is the massive issue with him. Another 6 games to see where we are.

It proves exactly what Farke is, a fantastic youth coach, but a bang average 1st team manager. Yes he had his season in the sun, but so have countless bang average managers before him. 

22 hours ago, City fan said:

You've forgotten how bad Webber's recruitment was. Farke was working with a Championship squad in a league of billionaires.

Let's get the transfer window out of the way, get the squad settled and give the the new boys time to adapt.

21 hours ago, Jonncfc said:

Absolutely.  But our board has consistently demonstrated a failure to act decisively, preferring to dither until it’s too late.

I think this will Farke's last season, but Delia does not generally do sackings so it will be up to him when he goes. 

3 minutes ago, Yellow and Green said:

You've forgotten how bad Webber's recruitment was. Farke was working with a Championship squad in a league of billionaires.

Let's get the transfer window out of the way, get the squad settled and give the the new boys time to adapt.

That is true and Farke should have walked away before the start of the season, but stayed which turned out to be a mistake - for him. 

I think the squad won't adapt enough to be successful for this season, so this season is a work in progress. 

I can remember the last time we were in the Championship when the usual suspects were calling for his head. Some were good enough to ‘give him 10 games’.

That season obviously turned out to be an absolute disaster.

• Like 1

Yeah because last season Farke had a chance of staying up with the tools he was given didn't he. 

You idiots are in danger of doing a mick mcarthy on Norwich. 

Be careful what you wish for. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jerrykerry said:

You idiots are in danger of doing a mick mcarthy on Norwich. 

Or maybe Norwich are in danger of doing a Nigel Worthington ?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Or maybe Norwich are in danger of doing a Nigel Worthington ?

Good god, Peter Grant mk2 doesn’t even bear thinking about.

23 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Good god, Peter Grant mk2 doesn’t even bear thinking about.

Peter Grant fell on his sword and resigned Alex so the board were saved from having to make any decision on his future.

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

Peter Grant fell on his sword and resigned Alex so the board were saved from having to make any decision on his future.

Although he was awful, I did have respect for Grant for holding his hands up and admitting he wasn't up to it

10 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

That he did, John, and total respect for him doing that. But regardless, he wasn't an upgrade on Nigel Worthington, we had to go through a few before we found Paul Lambert. Miserable times.

41 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

He was also totally inept yet managed to pull the wool over the Worthy outers eyes. Then he signed that Brellier and they bought a flag🙃