Sign in to follow this  
Pugin

I am happy to watch decent Championship football

It keeps me happy. Home and away watching us vying with teams of similar standing, some better and some worse. I love football, and that is the source of my enjoyment. I don't need us to be trying to slog it out with clubs with 100 times our resources. I don't need us to be winning every week, fortunately, as that will never happen. I don't like the ethos of the top clubs, they repel me. 

3 minutes ago, Pugin said:

It keeps me happy. Home and away watching us vying with teams of similar standing, some better and some worse. I love football, and that is the source of my enjoyment. I don't need us to be trying to slog it out with clubs with 100 times our resources. I don't need us to be winning every week, fortunately, as that will never happen. I don't like the ethos of the top clubs, they repel me. 

I'm glad you're happy, because there's a good chance the Championship is where we'll be plying our trade for some time.

Some of us aspire for our club to be more competitive against the top tier.

Imagine watching your team beating those that repel you ala Leicester / Wolves... Much more enjoyable ... Imagine the pride that gives a City. Imagine the kids that would be inspired by that... Second best is not an aspiration that I tend to look to. Oh well different ways of looking at things I suppose.

I think the Championship is well dull so far. It's there for the taking if we have the ambition and desire backed up by quality players. 

32 minutes ago, Pugin said:

Maybe we should issue all players with a certificate after each game and only allow draws, so that there are no losers!

18 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

I bet you like egg and chips. 😀

I love HAM, egg and chips, so close. 

Village football is a bag of crisps - pass

Local football is a bag of chips - love it.

National League football, regional and premier NL, is kebab or KFC - love it.

League One and League Two are ham, egg and chips - love it

Championship is good restaurant dining - love it.

Premier League is pretentious French cuisine, attracts hideous people, full of sugar and fat, ridiculously over-priced - wouldn't cross the road to have it!!

That's quite enough restaurant talk for now x 

You need to reassess yourselr then. 

Why the hell would you watch a sport and be happy with your team drifting along in it and not reaching the top level? 

Some Norwich "fans" on this forum are very, very odd. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

I think the Championship is well dull so far. It's there for the taking if we have the ambition and desire backed up by quality players. 

I think it's just this season. None of the teams in the Championship this season are all that exciting

I would suggest that op’s view is the predominant view of FCR supporters. In that sense our apparent level of ambition is entirely consistent with that perspective.

47 minutes ago, Jerrykerry said:

You need to reassess yourselr then. 

Why the hell would you watch a sport and be happy with your team drifting along in it and not reaching the top level? 

Some Norwich "fans" on this forum are very, very odd. 

So who is going to end up happier, you or me??

Could be worse. We could be Ipswich Town fans....oh, hang on