Sign in to follow this  
ricardo

May as well sell the lot.

My understanding was that we would go back stronger. No way that is going to happen now. I think we've just thrown in the towel.

• Like 8
  • Confused 1

This has been my point all week Ricardo. I had to raise multiple threads because quite frankly we have been lied to and it is a disgrace 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ricardo said:

My understanding was that we would go back stronger. No way that is going to happen now. I think we've just thrown in the towel.

There you have it guys, the words of the Voice of Reason on this messageboard.

Wake up and smell the coffee.

• Like 1

This isn't how I understood the model was going to work. This just looks like a mass cash in and sod any push for promotion. What happened to the long term plan.

• Sad 1

It's been the same at this club since I have supported them way back in in 1973. Nothing will change , in the football world we are small fry and this will continue to happen for ever more sadly 

2 minutes ago, ricardo said:

This isn't how I understood the model was going to work. This just looks like a mass cash in and sod any push for promotion. What happened to the long term plan.

It is the long term plan, the club is now financially secure which allows the control to be left in the hands of the family by handing the reigns down to Tom. It’s always been about a sustainable model that keeps the club in their hands

5 minutes ago, ricardo said:

It was always the plan.

When someone like the OP throws the towel in you know we are in a world of trouble 

it is undeniably an absolute disaster of a season 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Teemu’s right foot said:

It is the long term plan, the club is now financially secure which allows the control to be left in the hands of the family by handing the reigns down to Tom. It’s always been about a sustainable model that keeps the club in their hands

How naive. 

2 minutes ago, ricardo said:

The model didn't have the foresight to predict coronavirus, which has left a colossal hole in our finances. If we keep Max and Emi, we should still have enough quality to challenge for promotion. And don't rule out the possibility of a) Josh Martin making a big impact, or b) Webber pulling another transfer rabbit out the hat with the proceeds.

Assuming Cantwell is sold, if we also sell Max and/or Emi in this window, that would be seriously concerning. Happy to keep my powder dry until the window is closed. I'm counting Godfrey as gone now, but we've still only sold two of the five as things stand.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Don't you usually wait 12 games before predicting?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Teemu’s right foot said:

Ironically the only thing that isn’t for sale is the club itself

Has anyone checked the ground is still there?

• Haha 2

I think people had got their hopes up possibly a little too much regarding keeping so many which I can kind of understand when we were so close to the closure of the international window. But as Tilly says, wake up and smell the coffee. We were never going to keep the majority of them. I do however remain hopeful that we’ll keep Buendia. He alone added to the starting 11 gives us one hell of a side. Do feel it’s fairly imperative that we sign another AMF though given the Dowell injury. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dame to Blame said:

It's been the same at this club since I have supported them way back in in 1973. Nothing will change , in the football world we are small fry and this will continue to happen for ever more sadly 

Yeh but back in the day we didn’t sell our top players in one go! Hopefully this will be it, but I have my doubts, can see the other theee gone by Monday with a couple old pro loans coming in, reminiscent of previous years.

But we do have a shed load of next generation players ready to be cashed in on, Sitti, McCullum, Soto, Bushiri, Famewo etc.

Just now, ricardo said:

Has anyone checked the ground is still there?

Currently selling off the turf and replacing with a cheaper lower quality version 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ricardo said:

I don't think it's quite that ricardo. You could perhaps argue that last year we really didn't have the cash resource to maintain PL survival, we need to build reserves to be able to pay proper money for the occasional proven PL player & also pay proper salaries for all our players. 

The process is going to be more gradual. Let's see what happens to our latest gambles, how they develop. Personally I find it all quite exciting (although I appreciate you & others will not).

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

There has to be an uprising now against the stowmarket 2

Time for Til1010 to hire St. Andrews hall

will anyone ever trust them again I think not 

1 minute ago, Uncle Fred said:

There has to be an uprising now against the stowmarket 2

Time for Til1010 to hire St. Andrews hall

will anyone ever trust them again I think not 

Why not get out from behind your keyboard and do something positive for once?

• Like 1

I thought the plan was made pretty clear, develop young players at the club, for the first team, some who won't make it, some who will and some who will exceed us and be sold, but not on the cheap because we have no option.

Hence we could have recouped 50m for two players sold, and we may not be any weaker for it with Xavi and Gibson at the club already.

I'm really not sure where this confusion is coming from.

• Like 7

Unfortunately its only in fantasy land where we're going to keep hold of the best two (in Emi and Max) after selling the rest... 

Was excited for this season and the future in general, but unless we have players with similar future potential lined up its just completely deflating.

Buendia still the one for me that make the difference. Godfrey - great with the ball, suspect defensively. We can bring in a defender who can actually defend for 3 mil. Or Gibson when fit. 

Same really with Lewis and Aarons too. Yes if all three go (or even to be honest just Godfrey and Lewis) then we might need to change the way we play in terms of coming out from the back, but defensively we might look better.

Cantwell even - not that fussed.  Nowhere near as effective as Buendia. If we keep Buendia and Aarons, with the signings we’ve already made, maybe add a centre back, I don’t think we’d be weaker.

Edited by Aggy
  • Like 1

It doesn't matter if Todd and Emi aren't sold - they don't want to be here! They've made that clear! Whatever sort of commitment will we get from them ?

I knew this would happen the project is just a money grabbing exercise dressed up as some long term plan.

It's typical Norwich, always has been, always will be.

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

I thought the plan was made pretty clear, develop young players at the club, for the first team, some who won't make it, some who will and some who will exceed us and be sold, but not on the cheap because we have no option.

Hence we could have recouped 50m for two players sold, and we may not be any weaker for it with Xavi and Gibson at the club already.

I'm really not sure where this confusion is coming from.

Are you out of your mind? We’ve waited til the transfer window’s about to shut, bought in low and about to sell high. Guess how this is going to play out......

Did we really expect to keep our best players after relegation? Anyone who thought we would is incredibly naive. Us, Watford and Bournemouth have all lost at least two star players and the numbers will continue to rise.

It isn't about throwing in the towel or misunderstanding the model, because this is the model. Buy young, high potential players, develop, sell them for a profit, buy better young, high potential players and repeat.

• Like 10