Sign in to follow this  
Rabbit hole

£22m Cantwell agreed

36 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

A lot is being made of the fact that Todd Cantwell shares agents (at least from the same company) as Josh Maja, who forced a move out of Sunderland. There's a lot of noise that his agents are telling him to move.

They’ve realise his stocks won’t get any higher with us, he needs his big move now, or it’s going to go very stagnant.

12 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

It must be true if it’s on Twitter!

That's where I saw the Godfrey news to be fair.

Is he teasing us, is a move really on, or is he just not positive?

Screenshot_20201001-215931_Instagram.jpg

Edited by shefcanary

10 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

That's where I saw the Godfrey news to be fair.

Mate, we signed Welbeck in 2012 according to Twitter. I’ve seen a lot of truth, I’ve also seen a lot of rubbish.

3 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Tilly. 

Haven't you been told about posting pictures of topless blondes before! 😊 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Feedthewolf said:

If he was correct, I think £22m would be a very good deal. He's only contracted until 2022, and I highly doubt he'd sign another contract here. If we could then keep hold of Max and Emi and bring in one more defender (and possibly loan cover for Dowell's injury), I'd be relatively happy with that.

Think we have the option of taking it another year, Wolfie, so effectively 3 years left which strengthens our position. 

Seeing these Fulham links, what would be the point in that? Ok, a few more quid in the bank for Todd if he moved there, granted, but he’d be looking for a move back to the Premier League in May yet again, I just can’t see any way that they are staying up. 

I’ve just found a far more talented player straight replacement for Cantwell! And to keep aTil happy.

image.jpeg.be9c98ffbb5c42982d6b81c950cc72bc.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Indy
  • Haha 1

Just now, Alex Moss said:

Think we have the option of taking it another year, Wolfie, so effectively 3 years left which strengthens our position. 

Seeing these Fulham links, what would be the point in that? Ok, a few more quid in the bank for Todd if he moved there, granted, but he’d be looking for a move back to the Premier League in May yet again, I just can’t see any way that they are staying up. 

He doesn't have an extra year. But yes, Fulham would be a daft move. Could see more logic in Leeds; bigger club, outstanding coach.

3 minutes ago, Indy said:

I’ve just found a far more talented player straight replacement for Cantwell! And to keep aTil happy.

image.jpeg.be9c98ffbb5c42982d6b81c950cc72bc.jpeg

image.jpeg

Who is she? She is gorgeous 😍 

Just now, Feedthewolf said:

He doesn't have an extra year. But yes, Fulham would be a daft move. Could see more logic in Leeds; bigger club, outstanding coach.

Ahh Michael Bailey said we have the option of another year on Todd, not like him to get such things wrong. If he went to Fulham then he’d have to be desperate (no offence to them as they’re a very likeable club), it’s not the career move I see him wanting. I do think it’ll be Leeds, and I think in everyone’s hearts, that’s where we know he’ll end up.

6 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Ahh Michael Bailey said we have the option of another year on Todd, not like him to get such things wrong. If he went to Fulham then he’d have to be desperate (no offence to them as they’re a very likeable club), it’s not the career move I see him wanting. I do think it’ll be Leeds, and I think in everyone’s hearts, that’s where we know he’ll end up.

Oh... that is interesting. It certainly wasn't mentioned by the club when the contract was signed: https://www.canaries.co.uk/News/2019/july/todd-cantwell-signs-new-contract-at-norwich-city/

32 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Todd you are from Dereham not the LA crips  gang ffs 

Edited by norfolkngood

Update: the Pinkun article on his new contract from last summer states:

"With his career development at a delicate stage it was left to the Canaries to activate the one-year option in Cantwell's contract ahead of the new season but talks have now proved successful and the youngster can focus on trying to impress during pre-season."

If you remember, Todd took ages to sign that contract, and all the other young players had already signed theirs. We activated the one-year extension on his previous contract in May 2019 to ensure that he stayed for the PL season, but then later in 2019 he signed the new three-year deal (which has no mention of an extra year). I believe that MB might have made a (very rare) error here.

34 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Only 2 leaving hey Hoggy 😉

It's only 1 at the moment, let's not start firing off early....can't see the Mrs being particularly impressed.

£20M about right for Todd. I'd snap their wrists off for that. Todd has been great but his continued fractious relationship with Farke spells trouble ahead. All the best if this comes off. Fulham though?!?!? Another 1 season wonder like us! 

Todd has done nothing much of note for months either. Had 1 good spell in the prem and dined out on it. £20m would be great business. Maybe we can ask Emi what mates he wants us to bring him and try keep him here at least a window

12 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

Todd has done nothing much of note for months either. Had 1 good spell in the prem and dined out on it. £20m would be great business. Maybe we can ask Emi what mates he wants us to bring him and try keep him here at least a window

Was one of only two players to score a goal for us post lockdown (FA Cup v Man Utd) and it was a really good one too. 

I always expected 2-3 to go, and my list in order of wanting to keep was Emi, Max, Godfrey, Cantwell and Lewis, so we are currently working our way up the list rather than down, which is something, but I’d rather like it to now stop.   Given the transfers in I’d say we were all-but prepared for three to go, of those made, Gibson = Godfrey, Dowell = Cantwell or Emi, Xavi = Lewis.  

The issue will be keeping the other two, but I really don’t understand some of the gnashing and wailing going on because what we all knew was going to happen is happening.

The one bit I’ve had real trouble understanding is the l-b situation - we went from being well stocked to understocked rather too swiftly with McCallum leaving, something i just didn’t get. 

Edited by Branston Pickle

Just now, Thirsty Lizard said:

Was one of only two players to score a goal for us post lockdown (FA Cup v Man Utd) and it was a really good one too. 

Hardly much to shout about... Was a decent goal but if £22m is coming our way I'd take the money and run. Thought Hernandez looked better during that period anyway

5 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Seems unlikely that we would accept £15M plus add ons. Now if the rumour was a bid of £20M upfront has been accepted I would be  inclined to believe it........

As he has less than two years left on his contract and presumably is in no mood to sign another one, I'd suggest that might be a little optimistic. If he was on a long contract like Emi and Max, I think we'd be looking north of £20m up front before we even picked up the phone.

4 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

As he has less than two years left on his contract and presumably is in no mood to sign another one, I'd suggest that might be a little optimistic. If he was on a long contract like Emi and Max, I think we'd be looking north of £20m up front before we even picked up the phone.

I am only going on the fact that Webber has set the valuation at £20M, but I take the point regarding the length of his contract.......