Sign in to follow this  
Alex Moss

Todd and Emi - team training today.

Good - hope they can put it behind them, supporters are forgiving if they see effort being put in. ย Though it could be that they know they are off - who knows?!

there has been so much sensationalist rubbish about this. Including some folk losing their minds about the club selling the crown jewels when, as a matter of fact apparently missed by many, Jamal is the only one who has left right now.ย 

Even some conspiracy type thinking from the likes of 'Rabbit Hole' suggesting that we couldn't wait to sell all the lads off, pocket the cash and, presumably, prepare for a decade of Championship mediocrity.

The reality is that Stuart Webber runs this club. He's an ambitious man. It is wholly in his interests to succeed here and get that big move to a European club. He isn't trying to sabotage anything - every decision is made with the best interests of the club in mind.ย 

Don't let any tin foil hat wearing keyboard warriors tell you different.ย 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Good - hope they can put it behind them, supporters are forgiving if they see effort being put in. ย Though it could be that they know they are off - who knows?!

I hope we hold on to both, they are important players. Both have come under fire this week because NCFC is our club it always has been and always will be and we don't tolerate any player not putting in a shift in training, subsequently being dropped and costing us a result. No wonder some on here have been more thanย a little miffed off this week

When this first broke i thought i bet these two are the ones with the least interest ,

Godfrey / Aarons / Lewis did not have to drum up interest etcย 

They could remain calm and Professional because they Knew there were offers coming etcย 

ย 

Just now, Mullet said:

I hope we hold on to both, they are important players. Both have come under fire this week because NCFC is our club it always has been and always will be and we don't tolerate any player not putting in a shift in training, subsequently being dropped and costing us a result. No wonder some on here have been more thanย a little miffed off this week

I think most of us were miffed in the Sunday (I certainly was), and probably what really compounded that was the fact that I think it was the first game of the season where we finallyย expected to see Emi. He makes such a difference to the side, as does Todd.ย But by the looks of it theyโ€™ve responded very well, and if either/or play theirย part towards a good performance and 3 points at the weekend then it will all be forgotten about quickly by the vast majority.ย 

11 minutes ago, Beefy is a legend said:

there has been so much sensationalist rubbish about this. Including some folk losing their minds about the club selling the crown jewels when, as a matter of fact apparently missed by many, Jamal is the only one who has left right now.ย 

Even some conspiracy type thinking from the likes of 'Rabbit Hole' suggesting that we couldn't wait to sell all the lads off, pocket the cash and, presumably, prepare for a decade of Championship mediocrity.

The reality is that Stuart Webber runs this club. He's an ambitious man. It is wholly in his interests to succeed here and get that big move to a European club. He isn't trying to sabotage anything - every decision is made with the best interests of the club in mind.ย 

Don't let any tin foil hat wearing keyboard warriors tell you different.ย 

This is spot on. I think if Webber had been told we're definitely going to sell all those players and p*ss away our chance to get back to the Prem, he'd be on his bike, or at the very least using the media to exonerate himself and cast doubt on the strategy. Can you really expect someone like Webber to let that happen and meekly toe the line?

Also, let's take a look back at what Farke said about Emi and Todd after the Bournemouth game:

โ€œWe need their quality, I got the feeling that Emi Buendia should be the outstanding offensive player in this league and Todd Cantwell should be the outstanding midfield player in this league.

โ€œI made it clear several times that I would not even sell them for ยฃ50million, not even ยฃ100million, because we need their quality in order to reach our claims.

โ€œWhen there is a crazy offer then it is up to the key people in our club to make a decision, without any doubt I am not naive, we are a self-funded club, we have to deal with this.

โ€œBut all I know so far is no offer is in, no player and for that I expect as long as nothing happens that they are fully switched on and know their responsibilities to pay back - this is what I expect and not one percent less.โ€

Obviously there's a bit of rhetoric there, but this is not the language of a manager who is resigned to, or even expecting to, have his strongest assets sold from under his nose.

It's going to be an interesting couple of weeks, for sure.

• Like 1

Nothing has changed apart from aย few pictures.

What they did last week happened and possibly/probably cost us points.

If they have apologised and trained hard like Emi said he would originally, then good and get them in the team and wallop Derby.

Afraid I cant believe any of the propaganda either in training photos or in Farke's pre game press conferences anymore. Take them with a pinch of salt

Players being 'injured' when theyre not....available for the matchday squad ,then mysteriously not in it

Lets see what the line up is on Saturday

Farke's basically read them the riot act, and when the likes of Godfrey and Aarons are reliably performing and concentrating, he's well within his rights to do so. The club that owns their contract takes priority over the one that might. End of story.

If they concentrate, they'll start unless their performance last week was so dreadful he's going to make it a couple of games out for them to learn their lessons. Buendia's got form for rebounding with spirit though.

• Like 1

I will be doing cartwheels if Emi is in the starting line up Saturday. Even with my back .

Heโ€™s a stroppy and awkward player ,ย we all knewย that anyway. So although Iโ€™m disappointed, Iโ€™m not that surprisedย  heโ€™s played up at this time. Just desperate to see him do his stuff again in this league.

Edited by Pockthorpe

Sources say Cantwellย has agreed personal terms with Leeds. I think he wants to go, I think his lack of focus in training last week backs that up. You'll need your arm warmers and gloves up there Todd its ruddy cold in Yorkshire. You mayย need a neck scalf as well to keep your little neck warm

Edited by Mullet

3 minutes ago, daisy said:

Both will play Saturday.ย 

Hope so Daisy.

Just seen the latest news that theย Leeds deal to signย Michael Cuisance from Bayern Munich is now apparently off. Maybe theyโ€™ve found an alternative... ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

35 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Hope so Daisy.

Just seen the latest news that theย Leeds deal to signย Michael Cuisance from Bayern Munich is now apparently off. Maybe theyโ€™ve found an alternative... ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

Failed medical apparently

13 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

Failed medical apparently

Yep, when the news broke they didnโ€™t report that, just knew that Leeds had pulled out. I would be very surprised if they donโ€™t move swiftly for Todd now.

Todd was a cnt according to some on here. I don't think he will be around long.

As I said on another post there will be a couple of 'come and getย  me' performances.

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

Todd was a cnt according to some on here. I don't think he will be around long.

As I said on another post there will be a couple of 'come and getย  me' performances.

Certainly not in my book, disappointed by Sundayโ€™s revelations, yes, but not something that isnโ€™t forgivable by any stretch of the imagination. However, I think the chances of keeping him now are looking even less likely. The Cuisance failed medical has definitely not done us any favours. To add insult to injury, itย could be that they come in for Emi as well now.ย