Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Sinani Expresses Surprise At Being Loaned Out.

https://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city/canaries-danel-sinani-loan-exit-reaction-1-6865154

“That was quite a surprise to me, as far as I am concerned this was not the plan,” he said. “But I didn’t want to end up in a situation where I would barely play. Due to the consequences of the corona crisis, a number of outgoing transfers were not realised at Norwich.

Who are these outgoing transfers he believes have not happened ?

Well in his position, obviously buendia. 

But when buendia could still go, to loan out a good 23 year old attacker is very odd. 

28 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Take a rough guess, how about the ones we’ve all been talking about for the last couple of weeks 

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

https://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city/canaries-danel-sinani-loan-exit-reaction-1-6865154

“That was quite a surprise to me, as far as I am concerned this was not the plan,” he said. “But I didn’t want to end up in a situation where I would barely play. Due to the consequences of the corona crisis, a number of outgoing transfers were not realised at Norwich.

Very interesting Til, again highlights it was always the plan to sell the crown jewells however much they tried to tell us we wouldn’t be selling. It seems the club has now got desperate and has reduced player values to drum up business before the end of the window

7 minutes ago, Rabbit hole said:

Very interesting Til, again highlights it was always the plan to sell the crown jewells however much they tried to tell us we wouldn’t be selling. It seems the club has now got desperate and has reduced player values to drum up business before the end of the window

Well I mean we haven't actually sold them yet, but whatever. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Rabbit hole said:

It doesn’t mean we were ‘always planning to sell the crown jewels’ at all. What it does mean however, apart from the fact under this model we will always buy as much young talent as possible to increase value, that there was (and is) a likelihood that one or the other of Todd and Emi could leave. No illusions there. The fact we’re here in the Championship and they are still here at this moment in time is remarkable in itself. I don’t see anyone slamming Bournemouth or Watford for selling several of their very best assets so far - it is expected upon relegation. We, so far, are the exception. 

Where are these signs of the club getting desperate to sell as we enter the last few days? And are you annoyed we’ve managed to hold onto nearly all of our best players thus far?

Sounds like utter nonsense to me made up to fit your agenda. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Rabbit hole said:

Right... But if it was our great master plan to have Sinani in for Buendia, why have we now loaned him out? 

More likely he was signed on the basis that we thought things MIGHT get freed up in that position. Then felt confident we had enough competition so let him go on loan. Or maybe he simply wasn’t up to standard in training?

That all this interest in Buendia / Cantwell has come after the fact is certainly a blow - wonder if we can recall him if we end up bare bones?

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Beefy is a legend said:

Well I mean we haven't actually sold them yet, but whatever. 

Why let that utterly unimportant fact get in the way?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, seanthecanary said:

Why let that utterly unimportant fact get in the way?

Its Ok Tillo has seen it all before and knows how bad it wil be.

39 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Take a rough guess, how about the ones we’ve all been talking about for the last couple of weeks 

Sounds like it was the expectation going back to when he signed not just these last couple of weeks.

21 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Right... But if it was our great master plan to have Sinani in for Buendia, why have we now loaned him out? 

More likely he was signed on the basis that we thought things MIGHT get freed up in that position. Then felt confident we had enough competition so let him go on loan. Or maybe he simply wasn’t up to standard in training?

That all this interest in Buendia / Cantwell has come after the fact is certainly a blow - wonder if we can recall him if we end up bare bones?

Excellent response. The fact that Sinani thought he would be competing for a first team spot doesn't necessarily mean that NCFC felt that way in any case. 

But the fact he's been allowed out suggests that we had confidence that we would be keeping some of our top players whom we thought MAY be leaving. 

3 minutes ago, Beefy is a legend said:

Excellent response. The fact that Sinani thought he would be competing for a first team spot doesn't necessarily mean that NCFC felt that way in any case. 

But the fact he's been allowed out suggests that we had confidence that we would be keeping some of our top players whom we thought MAY be leaving. 

aye, now wait for the 'Club Critics' to say that we're poisoning the squad by keeping players that want out. doesnt matter what happens , gripers gonna gripe.

8 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

aye, now wait for the 'Club Critics' to say that we're poisoning the squad by keeping players that want out. doesnt matter what happens , gripers gonna gripe.

I think people just spin things to suit an agenda. There seems to be a common theme on here at the moment that the club saying that they didn't need to sell players somehow meant there would be no player sales. I always thought the club would sell but that they wouldn't have to accept below market value. For some reason, people are acting like players don't have the power. Man Utd certainly didn't have to sell Ronaldo to Real Madrid for financial reasons but he still went despite him consistently challenging for medals at Utd. He left because he wanted to. Man City didn't need the money from Sane but he wanted to go to Bayern and it happened. 

Edited by seanthecanary

What a complete and utter shambles this transfer window has been

i would be happy with a mid table league finish and a new back room set up ready to challenge next year

3 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

What a complete and utter shambles this transfer window has been

i would be happy with a mid table league finish and a new back room set up ready to challenge next year

What has been a shambles? The club can't control what offers come in for players or when they come. We are now 4 games into a season and we still don't know what the playing squad will look like in 2 weeks time. 

8 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

What a complete and utter shambles this  latest moniker of mine  has been

i would be happy with a midriff  of less than 70" and a new back passage set up ready to challenge with my vile diet next year .

😉😇👍💋

1 hour ago, Rabbit hole said:

Oh come on, no one expected a player as good as Buendia to still be here on October 1st! It’s a nice surprise and I’m gutted Sinani isn’t around, but at least he will get game time and experience.

Just goes to show players are being brought in on the reputation we play young players or develop them. I'd imagine they are also aware some get loaned out, but I'm surprised a number get loaned out when we are in for a fixture congested season. It has to be was was said earlier that people like Trybull and Leitner are not off the books yet.

Next season is more likely to be ripe for a promotion push, when hopefully the youngsters brought in this come into their own.  But if City get promoted at any time on relegation expect departures as is happening now.  Its just that following previous relegations we have not been blessed with the young stars.

Maybe Farke was playing the move down, but considering Sinani, Sitti, McCallum, Mumba (and + 1) and saying that getting one through as a first team option would be a success, doesn't sound like they had high hopes for them in the beginning.

https://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city/canaries-daniel-farke-transfer-next-stage-reveals-1-6772506

“If we sign four or five young talents from lower tiers or tiers abroad like the Luxembourg league, the second tier in France or League One or League Two, you won’t expect them to immediately be the best player in their position.

“If one of these five signings is capable of having the breakthrough, then everything was right. We have to be careful in praising them too much too early. We will give them the time, they will have a good stage in order to present themselves.

4 hours ago, Rabbit hole said:

You've done a good job of completely contradicting yourself there.

The thread is about a player who's gone on loan because we HAVEN'T sold players.

Why would he let him go out on loan if we were going to reduce all our player values to get rid?

Note that we haven't reduced any player values either, but i'm sure you know that really.