Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

How many points would you take from our October games?

I know there may be some that would say "Win every one or farke out" but let's be fair that is pretty unrealistic.

I think that 12 points would be a decent haul from the following matches, I would not complain.

3rd- Derby

17th- Rotherham

20th- Birmingham

24th- Wycombe

27th-Brentford

31th-Bristol

This month is a good opportunity for us to get our season going properly. The last two games are tougher but you'd have to be looking for at last 10 points from the first 4 of those games and perhaps 12-15 points overall. 

I'd take 12.

Looking at the bigger picture, two points per game over the course of the season is almost certainly enough for automatic promotion, so 12 points in a run of six games is not to be sniffed at.

It would leave us with 16 points from nine games and that's a solid platform to build on as the start of a season is always more difficult to navigate, especially with the transfer window open and lots of uncertainty surrounding our key players.

5 of those fixtures are after the international break and transfer deadline so I think we will have to see how our players come back from international duty and who we still have left in the squad before we can judge those. Although Brentford and Bristol City away looks hard at the moment, how will they be doing at the end of the month - will Bristol still be unbeaten by that point?

I think we should beat Derby, although for the other 5 games I would wait and see if there are any more departures and if any players get injured on international duty. For Brentford and Bristol City I would also wait and see how we do v Derby/Rotherham/Birmingham/Wycombe and how they do over their next 4 or 5 games

We ought to be able to get around 12, but it may depend on the transfer window fallout. 
Those who thought we were going to blow everyone away from matchday 1 have now come back to earth with a bump, it is a hard slog and it was always likely we’d need a bit of time to find our feet.

Edited by Branston Pickle

I haven't seen anything yet that makes me optimistic that we can beat Brentford and/or Brizzle.

But a good win over Derby by two or three goals with something like the football we are used to, and there is no reason not to hope for 12 or 13.

As much as the players need to wake up, then so does DF and get back to the formation that saw us do so well before.

Cantwell and Buendia may leave but they play if they train properly.

krul

aarons godfrey gibson quintilla

skipp vrancic

buendia Stiepermann cantwell

pukki

We know these lads can play at this level.

Get back to pressing the opposition as well.

12 points and would hope for more. The quality of the opposition is not good enough the only problem will be the number of games in over that period.

That’ll be 9 league games and I’ve said on another thread that we need at least 15 points from the first 10 or I would show Farke the door. Anything less and we probably wouldn’t even be top 6. 

When looking at the opposition though, we really should be targeting a minimum of 12 points from those matches. That’d give us 16 points from 9 matches, a win in the tenth and we’d probably be top 2.

Just thought its worth noting that we took 13 points from October, a good return according to most who made a prediction! 

27 minutes ago, Just Dan said:

Just thought its worth noting that we took 13 points from October, a good return according to most who made a prediction! 

Yep, and the first game we should have won too. 13 from our last 15 has put us right up there.

What would people expect/hope for from our next six games?

Middlesbrough (a)
Stoke (a)
Coventry (h)
Luton (a)
Sheffield Wednesday (h)
Nottingham Forest (h)

We probably play better away than at home on balance. Middlesbrough will be tough, as Warnock teams will ruthlessly exploit any weaknesses and get results from direct play and conceding possession. Similarly, Stoke's squad is strong on paper and O'Neill has got them playing extremely well.

The following four games are all eminently winnable, although Forest are too good to stay where they are in the table for too long.

I'd say the median would be around 11 points, although I wouldn't settle for that on our current form. I can see us winning one and losing one of the two away games, then beating Coventry and Luton, then being held to a draw in one of the two home games... so I predict 13 points.

Edited by Feedthewolf
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Feedthewolf said:

Yep, and the first game we should have won too. 13 from our last 15 has put us right up there.

What would people expect/hope for from our next six games?

Middlesbrough (a)
Stoke (a)
Coventry (h)
Luton (a)
Sheffield Wednesday (h)
Nottingham Forest (h)

We probably play better away than at home on balance. Middlesbrough will be tough, as Warnock teams will ruthlessly exploit any weaknesses and get results from direct play and conceding possession. Similarly, Stoke's squad is strong on paper and O'Neill has got them playing extremely well.

The following four games are all eminently winnable, although Forest are too good to stay where they are in the table for too long.

I'd say the median would be around 11 points, although I wouldn't settle for that on our current form. I can see us winning one and losing one of the two away games, then beating Coventry and Luton, then being held to a draw in one of the two home games... so I predict 13 points.

I'd probably repeat exactly what I said at the top of the thread about the six games in October.

12 points over the course of these six would be a good return and would put us on course for a top two finish. Failure to hit double figures would be a disappointment, 13+ would be excellent.

4 hours ago, Clint said:

Numbers or simply reading not your strong points Fenway? 

He's not the most articulate is our FF, Clint. 

He does try though.

4 hours ago, Clint said:

Numbers or simply reading not your strong points Fenway? 

4 hours ago, FenwayFrank said:

Ok, no need to be so touchy about it though

16 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

He does try though.

Well, Fenways point is still more than valid as Clint was quite a clear Farke Outer no less than 6 weeks ago.

I’m not sure where the confusion is here. I clearly said a minimum of 15 points from 10 matches is required, IMHO for Farke to still be in a job.

We had 18 points from 10 matches, 4 more than the number required for Farke to be removed from post.  

Had we only had 14 points at that stage, we’d have been between 11th and 13th, dependent on GD. 

Given the shambolic end to last season, how many fans do you think would be content with us languishing in 13th after 10 matches? 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Clint said:

I’m not sure where the confusion is here. I clearly said a minimum of 15 points from 10 matches is required, IMHO for Farke to still be in a job.

We had 18 points from 10 matches, 4 more than the number required for Farke to be removed from post.  

Had we only had 14 points at that stage, we’d have been between 11th and 13th, dependent on GD. 

Given the shambolic end to last season, how many fans do you think would be content with us languishing in 13th after 10 matches? 

Did you have his replacement in mind?

Edited by stewfil
  • Like 1

Nope no need. Webber has already stated he has this covered.

Edited by Clint

16 hours ago, Greavsy said:

He does try though.

My middle finger salutes you 

• Haha 2