Sign in to follow this  
Tootingyellow

Messageboard Thought Police

It's a sad aspect of this messageboard that anyone who has an opinion that we could and should do/have done things differently is always disparaged and dismissed as a whiner, moaner or whinger. I have been going to CR since the 80's and I and others are entitled to our views/thoughts. There has always been a strong contingent at City that believe that everyone should just shut up and be content and that anything else means you're not a real supporter. I don't apologise for being demanding of our club and wanting them to be ambitious. It's frustrating to see potential opportunities pass by.

Edited by Tootingyellow

You are not alone.  

There are more people out there that have had enough of this "self-funding" rubbish than you might think, they just aren't as vocal as the "Delia is the only one we want" lot, at the moment.  

Personally I have a lot of time for Delia and Michael. I believe they genuinely love this club. They are fans first and foremost. I don't personally know if they've obstructed outside investment in the club. I've always respected the fact that she would personally attend the Capital Canaries AGM in London for example. They're have been, though, numerous times when we could have kicked on with judicious investment and we just didn't. The end of 92/93 for example but two seasons later we were relegated.  I am not advocating wild spending but there are times when you have to seize the moment and we don't seem to.

Edited by Tootingyellow

There are plenty of us who believe the club is being held back by its current ownership and self-funding model and who gladly await the day that the club show a bit more ambition and competitive desire. You are far from alone. 

I think you’re getting confused - Chase was the man at the helm in 92/93 when we could have really kicked on but didn’t....those lost PL seasons when the big bucks came in were tough to miss out on.  But that’s a separate thing.

There’s plenty that aren’t mad keen on the self financing model - idealistic though it is - and that’s totally fine.  The issue is we/they don’t have the hundreds of £m to change it or we would do so.  The wider problem is that there’s 30-40 clubs with the same aspirations - we can’t all be In the PL at the same time.

5 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

I think you’re getting confused - Chase was the man at the helm in 92/93 when we could have really kicked on but didn’t....those lost PL seasons when the big bucks came in were tough to miss out on.  But that’s a separate thing.

There’s plenty that aren’t mad keen on the self financing model - idealistic though it is - and that’s totally fine.  The issue is we/they don’t have the hundreds of £m to change it or we would do so.  The wider problem is that there’s 30-40 clubs with the same aspirations - we can’t all be In the PL at the same time.

Chase didn’t get the Sky money and packed houses at home for additional revenue. It’s a shame we go to the best restaurant in town frequently but only ever order egg and chips. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Tootingyellow said:

It's a sad aspect of this messageboard that anyone who has an opinion that we could and should do/have done things differently is always disparaged and dismissed as a whiner, moaner or whinger. I have been going to CR since the 80's and I and others are entitled to our views/thoughts. There has always been a strong contingent at City that believe that everyone should just shut up and be content and that anything else means you're not a real supporter. I don't apologise for being demanding of our club and wanting them to be ambitious. It's frustrating to see potential opportunities pass by.

Self pitying nonsense. You're allowed to have an opinion and to express it. Others are allowed to disagree with it and say why they do. And you are allowed to disagree with them and say why you do. That's what a messageboard is for. It's just as much the case that those who support what the club are doing are derided as being 'Happy Clappers' and 'Delia sycophants' etc. 

• Like 10

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Chase didn’t get the Sky money and packed houses at home for additional revenue. It’s a shame we go to the best restaurant in town frequently but only ever order egg and chips. 

It’s a shame but wouldn’t it be an even greater shame if we chronically ordered caviar there on the credit card or overdraft?

(Assuming we hadn’t ‘won the lottery’ = been chosen by a billionaire .. the ‘personal finances’ metaphor’s creaking a bit now!)

Well - I suppose perhaps this is what some other people do, but it’s not how I choose to run my own life & I’d get irritated by my fans upset at me for not doing it...

1 minute ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Self pitying nonsense. You're allowed to have an opinion and to express it. Others are allowed to disagree with it and say why they do. And you are allowed to disagree with them and say why you do. That's what a messageboard is for. It's just as much the case that those who support what the club are doing are derided as being 'Happy Clappers' and 'Delia sycophants' etc. 

According to some on Facebook, I'm Delia's grandson....

Look, there's people that agree with your views and people that disagree OP. Thirsty is right, I'm not sure what this post does other than try and create further polarisation. 

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

Look, there's people that agree with your views and people that disagree OP. Thirsty is right, I'm not sure what this post does other than try and create further polarisation. 

To be fair that’s quite funny, upload your birth certificate to prove them wrong. 

4 minutes ago, GenerationA47 said:

It’s a shame but wouldn’t it be an even greater shame if we chronically ordered caviar there on the credit card or overdraft?

(Assuming we hadn’t ‘won the lottery’ = been chosen by a billionaire .. the ‘personal finances’ metaphor’s creaking a bit now!)

Well - I suppose perhaps this is what some other people do, but it’s not how I choose to run my own life & I’d get irritated by my fans upset at me for not doing it...

A nice mushroom stroganoff would be adventurous and not bust the bank. 

Norwich are a club which have often been on the end of bad timing. And relegation from the PL just when the big money started to roll in is probably the best example of this considering we had been holding our own relatively comfortably prior to that. Nine years later we found ourselves back there and low and behold we are essentially off the pace, every time. If we had held on I firmly believe we could have established ourselves and not be the yo-yo club we are today.

There are many other examples such as going up with a superb championship wining team a year ago and not dealing with the defence issues may come back to bite us firmly on the arris.  

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Ha! A former poster said she was my Auntie. We must be related Hoggy🙃

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

Ha! A former poster said she was my Auntie. We must be related Hoggy🙃

The plot thickens, fair play if you and Hoggy are related to the lovely Delia. 

Just now, Midlands Yellow said:

A nice mushroom stroganoff would be adventurous and not bust the bank. 

Ha. Well- we went for some oak-aged* grass-fed steak,  time afore last.. almost didn’t  end well at all!

4 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

To be fair that’s quite funny, upload your birth certificate to prove them wrong. 

Nah, it'd give me away.

I like egg and chips, people who don't want to eat egg and chips are whiners, moaners and whingers.

If you want to sell your soul to some rich bloke just because they want some fancy food that's your choice but not everyone wants to do that. 😀

• Like 1

1 minute ago, East Rider said:

Norwich are a club which have often been on the end of bad timing. And relegation from the PL just when the big money started to roll in is probably the best example of this considering we had been holding our own relatively comfortably prior to that. Nine years later we found ourselves back there and low and behold we are essentially off the pace, every time. If we had held on I firmly believe we could have established ourselves and not be the yo-yo club we are today.

There are many other examples such as going up with a superb championship wining team a year ago and not dealing with the defence issues may come back to bite us firmly on the arris.  

I meant to add that investment at those specific times would / may have helped us and would have directly affected our future. Whether a change of ownership now is what we need..............god only knows.

1 minute ago, A Load of Squit said:

I like egg and chips, people who don't want to eat egg and chips are whiners, moaners and whingers.

If you want to sell your soul to some rich bloke just because they want some fancy food that's your choice but not everyone wants to do that. 😀

Any free scratchings to go with the egg and chips are always welcome too. 

2 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

I like egg and chips, people who don't want to eat egg and chips are whiners, moaners and whingers

Brown or red sauce though ?

2 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

The plot thickens, fair play if you and Hoggy are related to the lovely Delia. 

Well, her being my Auntie would mean 50/50 split with the other nephew. 

Nothing for the grands though Hoggy.🙃

• Like 1

I Against the so called plan and think it is only in Place so Delia and Michael can keep control of the club 

instead of Selling up because they can not afford to put money in ,

i am also against them giving the club to Tom because he has not got the wealth to help if the club needed it

i think it is time for someone else to have a chance at owning the club who has that money to invest ,

BUT i respect other views of posters 

i might not be right and we might get a owner like Evans at Ipswich 

but we might get a Owner like Leicester that is a huge gamble

i understand that with Delia and Michael the club is safe and with the new self funding plan we have a very small chance of going bust 

i will mention Nutty as i like Nutty ( never met him ) 

we differ and might not agree on many things but we never fall out over it because it is just that a matter of opinion 

who is right and who is wrong ? 

I think what i am trying to explain is that i do not like the way Delia has sort of said this is hers club and she will do what she wants instead of saying i can not afford it  / or i have had my chance to own the club and run it to the best of my ability now it is time for someone else to have the chance so i will put it up for sale 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, GenerationA47 said:

Ha. Well- we went for some oak-aged* grass-fed steak,  time afore last.. almost didn’t  end well at all!

I’ll give you that one, should have asked if it was locally reared in fine pasture and not straight from the knackers yard. 

15 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Hogesar what have you done to upset your Grandma if she is leaving the Club to your uncle Tom  instead of you !! 

Just now, norfolkngood said:

Hogesar what have you done to upset your Grandma if she is leaving the Club to your uncle Tom  instead of you !! 

Did Michael find out Delia was playing away and nobody likes to talk about it? 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

I’ll give you that one, should have asked if it was locally reared in fine pasture and not straight from the knackers yard. 

Indeed.
*The asterisk was going to explain / apologise that I’m not well versed in meat and livestock issues...