Sign in to follow this  
Rossi

Con Artistry at its best?

There''s a few things that I''m having trouble to get to grips with.

Firstly, over a month ago we enquired about Davenport with Spurs and were told a fee that no-one has divulged. Why is it now that he''s too expensive bearing in mind he couldnt have been bought then due to transfer window not being open.

Secondly, we know that the club had been in discusiions with West Ham after Ashton wanted to withdraw his labour after the Plymouth game. At that point it was clear that we would have a minimum of whatever West Ham had offered, why didnt we line players up for agreed fees?

Thirdly, Why does Worthington complain about squad size and being down to the bare bones and let two players go?

Fourthly, The majority of fans would accept lower value players from lower league clubs that are young, hungry and doing well. If, as players, they are as good as you believe, you wont lose any money on them on they will possibly have lower wage demands. Why does it appear we are going to be ''lucky'' to recruit a footballing pensionner on a loan? He can be very good, but you would have to question his hunger to play for a club that he has refused so many times.

The only piece of hope that i am clinging on to is the fact that we apparantly couldnt afford Hucks or Ashton, yet we got them. With only 24hrs left to go it sure is leaving it very tight. I wonder if the board will undo the purse strings if we get hammered at Reading?

[quote user="ROSSI 46"]

Firstly, over a month ago we enquired about Davenport with Spurs and were told a fee that no-one has divulged. Why is it now that he''s too expensive bearing in mind he couldnt have been bought then due to transfer window not being open.

Secondly, we know that the club had been in discusiions with West Ham after Ashton wanted to withdraw his labour after the Plymouth game. At that point it was clear that we would have a minimum of whatever West Ham had offered, why didnt we line players up for agreed fees?

Thirdly, Why does Worthington complain about squad size and being down to the bare bones and let two players go?

Fourthly, The majority of fans would accept lower value players from lower league clubs that are young, hungry and doing well. If, as players, they are as good as you believe, you wont lose any money on them on they will possibly have lower wage demands. Why does it appear we are going to be ''lucky'' to recruit a footballing pensionner on a loan? He can be very good, but you would have to question his hunger to play for a club that he has refused so many times.

The only piece of hope that i am clinging on to is the fact that we apparantly couldnt afford Hucks or Ashton, yet we got them. With only 24hrs left to go it sure is leaving it very tight. I wonder if the board will undo the purse strings if we get hammered at Reading?

[/quote]

It will be too late after we get hammered by Reading!! If we''re going to sign anyone it will have to be before the game I should imagine!!

[quote user="Alex Harvey-Jones"][quote user="ROSSI 46"]

[/quote]

If we''re going to sign anyone it will have to be before the game I should imagine!!

[/quote]

How does that work? Is/Are the "new" signing/s going to be at Reading to meet the team off the coach or are they going to be on the coach leaving Norwich tomorrow?

Get real.

I agree - there are various pieces to this and none of them seem to quite add up; we have a long injury list yet let our top goalscorer and another squad player go, whilst bemoaning the fact that we are down to the bare bones.  I can''t help but think something will happen on Tuesday, as if it doesn''t then something really is amiss at the Club.

It will be too late to buy players after the Reading game, though we can certainly get people in on loan right up until March.....but if we don''t get points and a run going soon, what exactly would be the point? - by then it would be too late for the play-offs (if it isn''t already), so we need players who will make a difference now, not in 3/4/5 games time. 

I am just holding out that we are waiting to pull off some interesting signings as to do nothing makes no sense.  Today would have been good, so that they could debut at Reading, but any time Tuesday would do fine by me!!!

as we saw with west ham, it only takes 45 minutes to seal a deal if the buying price has already been quoted in negotiations which we are led to believe has happened. It only takes a phone call to an agent and a fax machine for the contract. Oh and as i said the only piece of faint hope that i am clinging to is written more in hope that reality.