Well this is a head v heart one. I don't think anyone could of guessed the Cherris team sheet. 

Krul

Quintilla Godfrey Gibson Aarons

Skipp

Placeta Buendia (or Cantwell) Rupp Hernandez 

Pukki

Kit man. 

Kit man. Kit man. Kit man. Kit man. 

Kit man.    Kit man. 

Kit man.    Kit man.    Kit man. 

Kit man. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, NFN FC said:

Kit man. 

Kit man. Kit man. Kit man. Kit man. 

Kit man.    Kit man. 

Kit man.    Kit man.    Kit man. 

Kit man. 

Bit too much whiskey with your weetabix this morning? 

10 minutes ago, grababackpackcanary said:

Bit too much whiskey with your weetabix this morning? 

Bit too much weetabix in my whisky more like! 

• Like 1

Krul

Aarons Gibson Godfrey Quintilla 

Rupp    skipp

Placheta       vrancic        Hernandez

Pukki

I can't see farke bringing either buendia or Cantwell in unless massive change.

Martin, idah and Hugill are the difference makers on the bench Zimmerman and Tettey offer stability

Vrancic can have that licence to pick up the ball and thread in the 3 attacking players

• Like 1

Krul

Aarons, Zimmerman, Godfrey, Quintilla

Skipp, Mcclean

Buendia, Cantwell, Hernandez

Pukki

gives us the best chance to win.

• Like 1

Impossible to judge without seeing the attitude in training tbh...

If we start with Placheta and Onel again we have to replace Pukki with Hughill as they will play to his strengths.   If we continue with pukki,  who i think has looked sharp we have to play to his strengths which is quick movements and through balls from midfield.

Ideally we will not start with all three of Rupp, Skipp & Kenny as rarely have we created so little with so much possession.  Skipp head and shoulders the best of those three and Kenny the poorest at the weekend.   Even if Tood / Emi are still distracted i would hope Mario &  or Steip are valid alternatives. 

Krul

Aarons   Zimmerman   Gibson   Quintilla

Skipp             Godfrey

Buendia          Stieperman       Hernandez

Pukki 

.....if only!!!!!

Cantwell/Buendia must be in the mix this week. That's what's best for the team and that's apparently what Farke thinks is important. We keep hearing that no-one is bigger than the club but that I'm beginning to think that has a caveat - providing you stay in Farke's good books. I get that he wanted to send a message last week but as a minimum, they should have been on the bench, so that we could call on there creative skills, "for the benefit of the Club".

• Like 1

11 hours ago, grababackpackcanary said:

Well this is a head v heart one. I don't think anyone could of guessed the Cherris team sheet. 

Krul

Quintilla Godfrey Gibson Aarons

Skipp

Placeta Buendia (or Cantwell) Rupp Hernandez 

Pukki

can probably take godfrey out of the line ups on here now

9 hours ago, hertfordyellow said:

lineup.png.0302516ab0fece79c0c6bedc2fe84d97.png

It's what I think it should be rather than what I think he will do

I’d certainly go with that or Cantwell for Vrancic, really don’t see the point of two holding midfielders. But my choice too.

9 hours ago, hertfordyellow said:

lineup.png.0302516ab0fece79c0c6bedc2fe84d97.png

It's what I think it should be rather than what I think he will do

I'd go with that, or possibly put Hugill on instead of Idah. Rupp and Hernandez were linking up well, and Vrancic should definitely not be next to Skipp - he needs to be further up.

Including only Aarons from the "jewels" here & continuing the 4-1-4-1 from last week:

Krul

Aarons     Zimmermann     Gibson      Quintilla

Skipp

Rupp     Vrancic     Idah    Placheta

Pukki

Rupp to concentrate on screening & covering, Idah to push up & support the Goat & generally throw himself around, Placheta to press & give width, Vrancic to link the play & pick the passes. Onel, Hugill & Josh Martin for offensive options, two from Tettey, McLean, Klose & Stiepermann for cover. What happened to our "bloated squad?" Derby look in a bit of disarray at the moment, so with respect, there should be no fear going into this fixture, even with all the background noise. 

The team I expect - Krul, Quintilla, Gibson, Zimbo, Rupp, Skipp, McLean, Placheta, Kitman, Hernandez, Pukki

The team I would like - Krul, Quintilla, Gibson, Zimbo, Mumba, Skipp, Tettey, Placheta, Vrancic/Martin, Hernandez, Pukki 

Is there a way of shoehorning both Pukki & Hugill into a starting 11? A nice physical runaround & then Onel & Idah in to finish the job second half? Also helps to counterbalance the unavailability of Buendia, Cantwell & Dowell. 

Edited by paddycanary

1 minute ago, paddycanary said:

Is there a way of shoehorning both Pukki & Hugill into a starting 11? A nice physical runaround & then Onel & Idah in to finish the job second half?

Hugill was a real menace when he came on against Bournemouth, I liked what I saw, it was kind of reminiscent of when we used to have a certain Cumbrian tyre fitter playing for us. Would also like to see a way of fitting both himself and Pukki in, but I have no idea how.

In light of the more recent transfer speculation.

Krul

Aarons Gibson Zimmerman Quintilla

Skipp Rupp

Hernsndez Buendia Placheta

Pukki 

8 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

Hugill was a real menace when he came on against Bournemouth, I liked what I saw, it was kind of reminiscent of when we used to have a certain Cumbrian tyre fitter playing for us. Would also like to see a way of fitting both himself and Pukki in, but I have no idea how.

Krul

Aarons Gibson Zimbo Quintilla 

Skipp 

Hernandez.               Placheta 

Buendia

Hugill.             Pukki

• Like 1

You can forget cantwell or buendia starting, and rightly so. Both on the bench, and if they aren't then they are sold. 

7 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

It's pointless offering up a team selection without  McLean in it. When will people learn?

Yes how dare Farke play his only midfielder who can head, shoot and tackle, and operate in the hole or deeper. 

How dare he! 

6 minutes ago, Jerrykerry said:

Yes how dare Farke play his only midfielder who can head, shoot and tackle, and operate in the hole or deeper. 

How dare he! 

Hasn't been doing that too often lately im afraid. Should be deservedly dropped! Imo.

12 hours ago, Indy said:

I’d certainly go with that or Cantwell for Vrancic, really don’t see the point of two holding midfielders. But my choice too.

My thinking is Cantwell has played his last game for us. I get your point about holding midfielders. I would say you need plenty of legs to compensate for Vrancic's err lack of legs. 

26 minutes ago, Jerrykerry said:

How dare he! 

The only hole he's good at operating in is Farke's. He must have the brownest nose in the squad. No other reason to start him this week as he was poor last week (and on many other recent fixtures).