Sign in to follow this  
Rabbit hole

I’m intrigued to see how

23 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

Have we actually sold anyone then, other than Jamal Lewis? Did I miss something?

Yes - todays impending sale of the boy Ben to Everton + likely impending sale of the Dereham boy to Leeds.  That will just leave The Starman and Buendia. I think you'd get pretty long odds on both being Norwich players come the final transfer window closing.

Godfrey to Everton looks nailed on 

Max is clearly going somewhere given all the interest in him

And I can’t see Buendia or Cantwell turning down any premier side and one will come calling before the window closes - I bet they are plan B for lots of clubs 

bottom line - chance of losing all of them is now looking extremely high. Leaving us with holes in terms of both quality and positions, 

29 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Godfrey to Everton looks nailed on 

Max is clearly going somewhere given all the interest in him

And I can’t see Buendia or Cantwell turning down any premier side and one will come calling before the window closes - I bet they are plan B for lots of clubs 

bottom line - chance of losing all of them is now looking extremely high. Leaving us with holes in terms of both quality and positions, 

If i was Farke and We sold the crown Jewels without Reinvesting a good chunk of Money i would Walk 

After last season without Investing which i am sure he would of known and accepted before we went up 

But we have No excuses this season for Not backing him with good replacements 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

If i was Farke and We sold the crown Jewels without Reinvesting a good chunk of Money i would Walk 

After last season without Investing which i am sure he would of known and accepted before we went up 

But we have No excuses this season for Not backing him with good replacements 

Agree, I would walk too. In fact I’ve walked as a fan already unless they start doing something good again 

• Haha 1

Farke has said recently how much he can’t wait for the transfer window to close. Wonder if we’ll actually dig our heels in over some we’re expecting to lose? IF that were to be the case, it’d be a risky move in terms of dressing room atmosphere, but then I guess that depends how much faith Farke and Webber have that they could get them to settle back down and focus on a assault at promotion with us? Because failing that, we will most certainly have to make some more signings of our own, though my feelings are that, with opportunity, Mumba and Martin in particular will step up into Max and Todd’s shoes this season, and I’m fully expecting them to become the next generation of ‘fan favourites’.

1 hour ago, yellowrider120 said:

Yes - todays impending sale of the boy Ben to Everton + likely impending sale of the Dereham boy to Leeds.  That will just leave The Starman and Buendia. I think you'd get pretty long odds on both being Norwich players come the final transfer window closing.

So we've still only sold Jamal, then, as I said. Thanks for clarifying.

• Haha 1

Webber came here to try and build an established PL side. You have to say he’s made a lot of very good signings for very little cost.

When we got promoted in 2019 we decided not to spend much on strengthening the squad due to the club already being in debt and the fear of what might happen if we ended up going straight back down, so instead of concentrating on planning for survival we concentrated more on planning ready for the likely case of relegation. As expected, we got relegated but have no need to sell any of our best talent and all our talent now has PL experience. We will only sell our talent if a really good offer comes in.

Lewis was 1st choice LB last season but has been sold, McCallum signed as backup but only has League One experience. Quintilla signed on loan, has La Liga and Europa League experience and already impressed, but to sign him on a permanent deal we have to get promoted this season. So surely if any of our talent goes we need to replace them with a player of similar or higher experience, not someone with lower league level experience or we won’t stand a chance of becoming an established PL side

24 minutes ago, HazzaJet said:

Webber came here to try and build an established PL side. You have to say he’s made a lot of very good signings for very little cost.

When we got promoted in 2019 we decided not to spend much on strengthening the squad due to the club already being in debt and the fear of what might happen if we ended up going straight back down, so instead of concentrating on planning for survival we concentrated more on planning ready for the likely case of relegation. As expected, we got relegated but have no need to sell any of our best talent and all our talent now has PL experience. We will only sell our talent if a really good offer comes in.

Lewis was 1st choice LB last season but has been sold, McCallum signed as backup but only has League One experience. Quintilla signed on loan, has La Liga and Europa League experience and already impressed, but to sign him on a permanent deal we have to get promoted this season. So surely if any of our talent goes we need to replace them with a player of similar or higher experience, not someone with lower league level experience or we won’t stand a chance of becoming an established PL side

As I’ve just said on another thread, could it be that we go down the loan route in the last week of the transfer window? I could really see us going for a Harvey Elliott from Liverpool or something to replace Todd (should he go that is, and my gut feeling is that he will). He’d be a great (loan) signing and would fit into our style of play seamlessly.