Sign in to follow this  
Rabbit hole

I’m intrigued to see how

Currently we have only sold one player. All the talk of the other players so far has just been rumours. 

I am almost certain that the club will receive bids for each of Godfrey, Aarons, Buendia and Cantwell before the window is done. The club talked a big game around how strong our negotiation position is - and hence I think the fans are justified in watching what will happen with scrutiny.

If we end up with a weaker squad than we had last time in the championship, I for one will be pretty peeved. However, this is very much a worse case scenario - the window has gone very well for us so far and I hope it continues that way. 

Edited by HertsCanary93

10 hours ago, hogesar said:

Well, yes, for the fee we wanted. Which bar maybe a few clubs in the world, is no different to any else. What is your point?

My point is that those who thought we would not sell because we don't have to got it wrong and your we got the fee we wanted take on it suggests a lack of determination by the club to hang on to our prized assets.

6 hours ago, Rabbit hole said:

You’re missing the point. It’s about honesty 

No, you are missing the point. He's nailed you!!!

Now answer the question Donald........

14 hours ago, Rabbit hole said:

No I’m not, I’m getting us naive Norwich fans have been lied to yet again and the majority fall for it, hook, line and sinker.

How have we been lied to? 

They clearly said if big offers came in they would conisder them but are not financially obligated to sell. 

It's not tough to grasp unless you're an idiot who just wants to moan about the club. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Can anyone name the championship clubs who manage to hold off premier league sides coming in for their players? 

How many are there?

Fulham - Mitrovic

Stoke - Butland

Aston Villa - Grealish (first time they went down with him in the squad)

Basically there are plenty, I could go on forever. The fact is Norwich sell everytime. The other fact is Norwich said they wouldn’t sell, now it seems they are actively trying to drum up business and fees for their players.

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

My point is that those who thought we would not sell because we don't have to got it wrong and your we got the fee we wanted take on it suggests a lack of determination by the club to hang on to our prized assets.

Hahahahah what planet are you on?

EVERY CLUB apart from maybe 4 or 6 in this entire country immediately sell a player if their valuation is matched.

18 minutes ago, Rabbit hole said:

Fulham - Mitrovic

Stoke - Butland

Aston Villa - Grealish (first time they went down with him in the squad)

Basically there are plenty, I could go on forever. The fact is Norwich sell everytime. The other fact is Norwich said they wouldn’t sell, now it seems they are actively trying to drum up business and fees for their players.

But I'm sure those players you've listed were all happy to stay at the club? Or bids were made that didn't meet the club's valuations? Grealish is a Villa fan and Butland was absolute toadstool in Stoke's relegation season.

If you want to go down that road:

Us - Ruddy

Us - Howson

Us - Klose

Us - Olsen

Us - Hoolahan

Us - Huckerby

All players who we kept hold of either after relegation in the face of premier league interest for at least another season, or just in general with transfer rumours circulating. But we sell every time right?

Stop moaning for the sake of it. Nothing has even happened yet.

Even if this 'feeding the narrative' conspiracy is true, if the players want to leave then there is nothing wrong with trying to generate interest in those players. What is the point in keeping players who have no interest or desire in our promotion push this season?

That's nothing to do with not needing to sell.

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

EVERY CLUB apart from maybe 4 or 6 in this entire country immediately sell a player if their valuation is matched.

That is true but most who have played in the Premiership are not shy at spending decent proportions of sales money too. Norwich must be the lowest spenders ever all things considered in the last 2 decades. 

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Even in the prem you have clubs like Southampton who have had to rebuild 2-3 separate times after losing their prized assets - mostly to Liverpool. Often losing multiple players in a single transfer window. And that's in the prem, where they have more financial power and pulling power in terms of the league they are in to say no!

Yet it's only us who sell out every time. Absolute ****.

• Like 2

You can’t believe a word they say, they didn’t even try in the premier league to make a strong season this season and we sit 13th

really if you believe a word they say you are either mental or part of the Delia media team 

2 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

That is true but most who have played in the Premiership are not shy at spending decent proportions of sales money too. Norwich must be the lowest spenders ever all things considered in the last 2 decades. 

So far in this window we've signed 11 players (and thus taken on their wages for a committed period of time). What's the total transfer outlay? It's probably circa 8-12m. And we've only sold Lewis so far. I don't think that's bad.

• Like 1

Just now, hogesar said:

So far in this window we've signed 11 players (and thus taken on their wages for a committed period of time). What's the total transfer outlay? It's probably circa 8-12m. And we've only sold Lewis so far. I don't think that's bad.

That could change overnight, of course we were able to spend that money knowing it could be recouped with just one major sale. 

2 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

That could change overnight, of course we were able to spend that money knowing it could be recouped with just one major sale. 

Of course, but if we were to sell Cantwell & Emi I would expect us to try and make a significant signing

4 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Of course, but if we were to sell Cantwell & Emi I would expect us to try and make a significant signing

Well hopefully the club are well prepared for that eventuality and have it covered. 

8 hours ago, Rabbit hole said:

You’re missing the point. It’s about honesty 

You need to sh*t or get off the pot on this one mate. You’ve been challenged several time for evidence that the club ever said “don’t worry we’ll keep the team to go straight back up“, rather than we don’t *need* to sell and if we did it would only be for our valuation.

8 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

You need to sh*t or get off the pot on this one mate. You’ve been challenged several time for evidence that the club ever said “don’t worry we’ll keep the team to go straight back up“, rather than we don’t *need* to sell and if we did it would only be for our valuation.

Nuffo, its clear the eejit failed miserably at Comprehension. He sees words, written in a certain order, yet does not understand what they mean  and then guesses at the meaning, but twisting what he has read and failed to understand into a pathetic attempt at shoitestirring. Ignore the Troll.

• Like 1

We can argue the words but the inference was we wouldn’t invest in the premier league but pay off debt etc and go for it in the championship the following season at 13th place and knocked out of the cup at the first attempt we are clearly not going for it either this season

That is before the transfer window closes and who else we will lose 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

But I'm sure those players you've listed were all happy to stay at the club? Or bids were made that didn't meet the club's valuations? Grealish is a Villa fan and Butland was absolute toadstool in Stoke's relegation season.

Us - Ruddy

Us - Howson

Us - Klose

Us - Olsen

Us - Hoolahan

Us - Huckerby

All players who we kept hold of either after relegation in the face of premier league interest for at least another season, or just in general with transfer rumours circulating. But we sell every time right?

Even if this 'feeding the narrative' conspiracy is true, if the players want to leave then there is nothing wrong with trying to generate interest in those players. What is the point in keeping players who have no interest or desire in our promotion push this season?

Howson and Olson aren’t the best examples here. They both demanded to leave the club

38 minutes ago, Rabbit hole said:

Howson and Olson aren’t the best examples here. They both demanded to leave the club

They demanded to leave and then we kept them? Or demanded to leave just before they left?

My point was that both players stayed for at least another season after relegation - and that we don't sell every time.

17 hours ago, Rabbit hole said:

No I’m not, I’m getting us naive Norwich fans have been lied to yet again and the majority fall for it, hook, line and sinker.

Yaawwwnnnn

We haven't sold any of those guys yet and there aren't any bids for them either. 

I am sure we will do our best to keep the players we want to desperately keep. I firmly believe that. It's quite ridiculous to think that the plan is "don't try and progress". No teams top brass actively want their team to lose and not move forward. It is possible we won't make it this year but to suggest we won't try to do our best on the playing and sporting side is ludicrous.

3 hours ago, hogesar said:

The Planet i am on is not the one where lots of posters thought that we would be relegated and not sell any of our crown jewels in order that we bounce straight back up due to being debt free.

I assume you read those posts ?

I assume my sarcastic last sentence will be met with your usual smug arrogant know it all persona.

Edited by TIL 1010

31 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

The Planet i am on is not the one where lots of posters thought that we would be relegated and not sell any of our crown jewels in order that we bounce straight back up due to being debt free.

I think a lot of posters hoped we could hold on to the majority of our golden 5, but I don't recall anyone thinking that we would keep ALL of them? It was obvious we were always going to lose one or two IMO. It is disappointing that it now looks likely to be more than that, but I certainly don't hold the club accountable.

What do you think we should do about Cantwell / Buendia if both of them are downing tools in training and bids start rolling in for them? What do you think the club should do about Barcelona and Bayern Munich interest in Max Aarons if that then materialises in more bidding?

Edited by Hank shoots Skyler
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

I think a lot of posters hoped we could hold on to the majority of our golden 5, but I don't recall anyone thinking that we would keep all of them though? It was obvious we were always going to lose one or two IMO. It is disappointing that it now looks likely to be more than that, but I certainly don't hold the club accountable.

What do you think we should do about Cantwell / Buendia if both of them are downing tools in training and bids start rolling in for them? What do you think the club should do about Barcelona and Bayern Munich interest in Max Aarons?

What has the club actually done wrong at this stage?

The club currently makes it necessary to sell in order to sustain the self funding model which if repeated season after season will merely have us treading water with a continual transition within the squad therefore not building for a progressive future on the field. The yo yo club nickname will become synonymous with Norwich City which i for one find rather sad and annoying as i think we could achieve a lot more than we are currently aspiring towards.

• Like 2

For me the board will be walking a tight rope if they sell all the jewels And it could quickly lead to serious strife from fans.

Because they did say we had no need to do so - and used that to justify a pitiful spend on promotion. How will they possibly claim to be competitive if at the end of this window we banked all the promotion money, sold off the silver and only spent out on cheap young players most of whom are out on loan? 

I personally don’t think they care much for the prem, lacking the necessary resources to be competitive in it, but the fans do and there is the problem for them. At the moment - despite epic spin that has many believing relegation and selling the best players is part of an ambitious plan - all the action suggests the ambition is only to fill the coffers...we shall see 

4 hours ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Us - Ruddy

Us - Howson

Us - Klose

Us - Olsen

Us - Hoolahan

Us - Huckerby

add Brady and Ashton on to that as well (at least until the Jan when good money came in)

46 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

The club currently makes it necessary to sell in order to sustain the self funding model which if repeated season after season will merely have us treading water with a continual transition within the squad therefore not building for a progressive future on the field. The yo yo club nickname will become synonymous with Norwich City which i for one find rather sad and annoying as i think we could achieve a lot more than we are currently aspiring towards.

Maybe come up with a better plan?? 

Will be interesting what is said if 4 or 5 of them leave. We are constantly told we will only sign players who are better than we have.Surely that also equates to those you sell as well.Ok,its hard to replace those that we sell with players of the same potential,but you must almost certainly try and give the head coach readymade replacements.We can't just sign lower league players and hope they can step up this season.If we do,I for one will feel a bit shortchanged to say the least.