Sign in to follow this  
Rabbit hole

I’m intrigued to see how

Webber et al deal with the fans if they sell all out top players this summer.

Was it all a Ruse? The idea that we didn’t need to sell and in fact the plan was to sell close to the window giving the excuse, we didn’t have time to buy replacements? Also giving the excuse why we haven’t gone up at the same time.

Sell sell players until we have sold the crown jewels off and  all we have left is the scraping of the barrel  thus. sinking into a mid to lower level champ side,

Top 2 this season forget it

5 minutes ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

You’re getting we don’t need to sell confused with being a good deal for the long term stability of the club.

No I’m not, I’m getting us naive Norwich fans have been lied to yet again and the majority fall for it, hook, line and sinker.

Staying in the premier league was best for the long term stability of the club yet they somehow managed to convince a lot of fans that relegation was a good idea! 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

You’re getting we don’t need to sell confused with being a good deal for the long term stability of the club.

i hope you are right , Reinvestment is Key 

otherwise the Tax man is going to be Very happy 

i would also Add only any good selling the crown jewels if we get back in the PL ,

otherwise we have missed a golden chance to get up with money to invest 

I think I have a pretty good grip of English and thought I knew what “we don't need to sell any players” meant . However, reading many of the posts on here it seems I must've been wrong and it means “we definitely won’t sell any players” as that’s clearly how many have interpreted it!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Rabbit hole said:

No I’m not, I’m getting us naive Norwich fans have been lied to yet again and the majority fall for it, hook, line and sinker.

Have we actually sold anyone then, other than Jamal Lewis? Did I miss something?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Surely the point is some of our players will want to play in the EPL and have had their head turned, and if so, there is very little point in refusing a good offer.

That to me was always the problem with the 5 year plan. Yes a season or two in the PL has improved our finances beyond all measure but we need following relegation to rebuild the team / squad. If we could of stayed up it would be so much easier.

18 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Have we actually sold anyone then, other than Jamal Lewis? Did I miss something?

No but other clubs have bid on our players which somehow is warranted criticism 

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

Yes, all a bit strange, especially during the transfer window .

2 hours ago, baldy09 said:

Sell sell players until we have sold the crown jewels off and  all we have left is the scraping of the barrel  thus. sinking into a mid to lower level champ side,

Top 2 this season forget it

spacer.png

We can only judge the situation once the transfer window has closed and we know who has been sold and how much we got for them. Until then it's all speculation.

Likewise how much of the transfer fees will have been trousered and how much has been invested back in team, not as a future investment, but actually to achieve promotion.

17 minutes ago, hogesar said:

When you know what the outcome will be based on history just maybe the criticism is warranted ?

29 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I will eat my words if you are right and we reject the bids. Will you if we sell any more and do t replace?

17 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

When you know what the outcome will be based on history just maybe the criticism is warranted ?

Good lord! Lets just see what happens shall we? must be very hard for you to enjoy 'supporting' City. 

9 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Good lord! Lets just see what happens shall we? must be very hard for you to enjoy 'supporting' City. 

Well quite frankly it’s rubbish. We are the only team in history (in modern times) who has spent £750k on players the year we have gone up and are fed the line it’s part of the plan, don’t worry we’ll keep the team to go straight back up and then we go and sell them all!!

25 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

When the Liverpool bid came in for Lewis this forum was full of "oh look norwich typical selling on the cheap" etc etc.

We rejected even though it was Liverpool.

5 minutes ago, Rabbit hole said:

Well quite frankly it’s rubbish. We are the only team in history (in modern times) who has spent £750k on players the year we have gone up and are fed the line it’s part of the plan, don’t worry we’ll keep the team to go straight back up and then we go and sell them all!!

When were we 'fed that line'?

32 minutes ago, Rabbit hole said:

Tripe. Utter Tripe..

39 minutes ago, hogesar said:

When the Liverpool bid came in for Lewis this forum was full of "oh look norwich typical selling on the cheap" etc etc.

We rejected even though it was Liverpool.

But went on to sell him the next week anyway.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Enjoyment with regard to football in general is in very short supply in case you hadn't noticed.

3 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Enjoyment with regard to football in general is in very short supply in case you hadn't noticed.

Thats exactly why I try not to add to the negativity.

Edited by wcorkcanary
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Rabbit hole said:

Source for this quote?

55 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

But went on to sell him the next week anyway.

Well, yes, for the fee we wanted. Which bar maybe a few clubs in the world, is no different to any else. What is your point?

• Like 1

Can anyone name the championship clubs who manage to hold off premier league sides coming in for their players? 

How many are there?

Edited by Hank shoots Skyler
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Can anyone name the championship clubs who manage to hold off premier league sides coming in for their players? 

How many are there?

You’re missing the point. It’s about honesty 

I think the point is the club said we will not spend last season to sort out the financial side of the club so we do not have to sell 

we can then come back stronger this season 

If we sell the 5 Crown Jewels that can play and good enough to play in the PL 

we are a lot weaker 

so if lucky enough to go up this season which I doubt we will 

we would have to buy 5 replacements better than Godfrey and co but also replace 6 players like McLean etc that we know are not good enough for the PL 

of course it remains to be seen who the replacements are and how much is reinvested at the end of the Window but it is a massive task to be stronger after selling outr 5 best players 

11 hours ago, Rabbit hole said:

I will eat my words if you are right and we reject the bids. Will you if we sell any more and do t replace?

I know that wasn't aimed directly at me, but of course I will; that's fair comment. If you're claiming to have inside knowledge that all four of our young assets will be sold before the window closes, I'll keep my powder dry until that point. But naturally, if we sell Aarons, Godfrey, Cantwell and Buendia before the end of the window and don't replace them, I'll be somewhere between very disappointed and bloody furious.

• Like 3