Sign in to follow this  
Jim Smith

Everton supposedly about to bid for Godfrey

2 hours ago, hogesar said:

Are any of those usual suspects on here who have been criticising the club for receiving bids for our players (I still don't get that, but guess I never will) going to now give the club some credit for rejecting what is a significant amount of money?

https://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/canaries-ben-godfrey-transfer-bid-rejected-everton-1-6864018

I have my doubts.

So i assume you think Everton will just walk away and not pursue their interest and follow up with another bid ?

3 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

So i assume you think Everton will just walk away and not pursue their interest and follow up with another bid ?

I’m certainly hoping that they will walk away now and look for someone else

5 minutes ago, HazzaJet said:

To add to that Liverpool were rebuffed for Lewis put then along came Newcastle.

14 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

That's not exactly the point. I mean, actually:

bMXCPdCdH2ZKSSOXZCTQlvTaojYVRvT6Z-0Q5RXX

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, HazzaJet said:

My gut feeling is that there are a number of clubs genuinely interested in signing Ben, Everton are just the only ones that are currently public on this. Webber knows this. I don’t want to see Ben go either, but I take at least some small consolation from the fact that I know Webber is not treating our assets like a little old Norwich. He will make sure we get every last penny. And I believe we will be more than prepared to swiftly bring in new faces where it’s seen fit. We’ve probably had numerous players on the radar for each and every eventuality for many months now. 

31 minutes ago, hogesar said:

That's not exactly the point. I mean, actually:

bMXCPdCdH2ZKSSOXZCTQlvTaojYVRvT6Z-0Q5RXX

There you go again so do i put that in the smug, arrogant or know it all category ?

Feels to me like Everton are in a situation  where they could well come back with another bid. 20 mill with 5 mill add ons is a decent respectable first bid, much more realistic than Pools 8 + 2 mill for Jamal. While not enough obviously as City have rejected it, perhaps another 5 mill, so 25 mill with 5 mill add ons, may just get it done, but of course ive no actual idea like any other fan on here. As Lakey said, York have a 10% interest on profits stake, so Webber will be calculating that in the amount they are prepared to sell Godfrey for.

But Ben,  just as with Max, have been seemingly handling all the transfer speculation well. Really hope that Todd can do the same.

5 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

There you go again so do i put that in the smug, arrogant or know it all category ?

Whichever takes your fancy today Til! 🙂 

3 hours ago, Jerrykerry said:

To what end? 

There would be no revenue increase worth noting of York moved up a division. 

So youre advocating a club chuck 3 million into promotion for glory? 

Another person who cannot grasp real football. 

York City are in a Division below Kings Lynn 

Money talks in any football but when you move down the leagues it is far more obvious 

For York city to get £3 million spread over so many years as it will not be a lump some i doubt 

Will increase the wage budget No end 

they will be able to attract far better players so i am sure they will have a very good time in level 6 of the football pyramid

i imagine and not sure but some of their players will be on maybe £100 / £200   a game 

£3 million will help no end or do you suggest they keep the money in the bank and keep at the same level ? 

1 hour ago, Essjayess said:

Feels to me like Everton are in a situation  where they could well come back with another bid. 20 mill with 5 mill add ons is a decent respectable first bid, much more realistic than Pools 8 + 2 mill for Jamal. While not enough obviously as City have rejected it, perhaps another 5 mill, so 25 mill with 5 mill add ons, may just get it done, but of course ive no actual idea like any other fan on here. As Lakey said, York have a 10% interest on profits stake, so Webber will be calculating that in the amount they are prepared to sell Godfrey for.

But Ben,  just as with Max, have been seemingly handling all the transfer speculation well. Really hope that Todd can do the same.

i Think Everton are doing other peoples job for them ,

when they hit the Asking Price which i think will be around the £30 million mark ?

You will see other clubs coming in as they Know the price we will accept 

then it all comes down to how the money will be paid 

maybe over the whole contract , ? as per Normal 

maybe Norwich are after a larger lump some then small amounts over the contract ?

"We are looking for a centre-back because we are short, but at the moment he plays for Norwich," said Ancelotti

Everton are looking to boost their options in defence after injuries to Mason Holgate and Jarrad Branthwaite.

So there you have it,Ben.........they just want you for your extra height and/or injury cover ...... not because you're going to be the catalyst in making them the equal of Bayern/Barca etc etc😉

1 hour ago, norfolkngood said:

York City are in a Division below Kings Lynn 

Money talks in any football but when you move down the leagues it is far more obvious 

For York city to get £3 million spread over so many years as it will not be a lump some i doubt 

Will increase the wage budget No end 

they will be able to attract far better players so i am sure they will have a very good time in level 6 of the football pyramid

i imagine and not sure but some of their players will be on maybe £100 / £200   a game 

£3 million will help no end or do you suggest they keep the money in the bank and keep at the same level ? 

Wow, below King's Lynn. 

I can remember when they beat us 2-4 at the Carra in one of our promotion years - they ripped our left flank to pieces. As I say, that's what I remember, but that doesn't make it a fact.

41 minutes ago, Trevor Hockey's Beard said:

Wow, below King's Lynn.

The national league north was decided on points per game, Lynn finished top with York second but they went out in the playoffs 

Looking at the latest news it looks like this one will be done and dusted before long sadly for us. £30million despite Newcastle showing late interest. I wish him well, top pro. Time for Gibson to show us what he’s made of 👍

Paul Joyce from The Times reporting £25m plus add-ons. Very reliable source.

1 hour ago, Trevor Hockey's Beard said:

Wow, below King's Lynn. 

I can remember when they beat us 2-4 at the Carra in one of our promotion years - they ripped our left flank to pieces. As I say, that's what I remember, but that doesn't make it a fact.

45 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

The national league north was decided on points per game, Lynn finished top with York second but they went out in the playoffs 

some big Clubs in the lower leagues this is Kings Lynn's League https://www.thenationalleague.org.uk/club-info 

Wroxham should have moved up the leagues in the 1980's/90's they would have done well then 

2 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Was just coming on to post that. 

same here. Looks like its happening

This will show if Norwich are serious about getting promoted. If you lose quality of Godfrey, you have to replace that, else you can't in any seriousness say, we've got quality and strength in depth to go a whole season and challenge.

And you can't in all seriousness say its ok weve got Klose & Hanley as their injury records have been atrocious last two seasons

We have money in the bank. Let's hope Webber's got something lined up ready  

Another broken promise truly unbelievable which means Cantwell, Emi and Max will all be gone

always the same with the stowmarket 2 

From Phil McNulty on Twitter

Everton now pushing hard to complete a deal for Norwich City defender Ben Godfrey. He is now their main defensive target. Talks ongoing between the clubs to get the deal done. The Canaries want around £30m.

Edited by shefcanary

At least he's going to a club that wants to go forward and has a good manager. Best of luck to him. 

This'll be banked.....we've already got Gibson and have Zimmerman and Hanley competing with Klose as cover, we'll muddle through.

Without knowing how long it will be before fans are back in stadiums and the financial uncertaintly that brings, whilst the Lewis sale recovered the shortfall for last season,this money will insure against there being no fans in for the whole of this season

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

1 minute ago, Samwam27 said:

This will show if Norwich are serious about getting promoted. If you lose quality of Godfrey, you have to replace that, else you can't in any seriousness say, we've got quality and strength in depth to go a whole season and challenge.

And you can't in all seriousness say its ok weve got Klose & Hanley as their injury records have been atrocious last two seasons

Totally agree with you there. I’m also hoping we’ve got a decent replacement lined up. Klose and Hanley are very injury prone and Klose is also ageing. To sign Gibson on a permanent deal we have to get promoted. So got to find a decent CB, non injury prone, with good Championship or PL experience. Preferably also a home grown player like Godfrey.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Samwam27 said:

If you are one of the other sellable players you must be thinking hey maybe I should make sure I jump ship also asap.

A few months of not performing as expected in the champs in a depleted side will bring that value down for us and for them also.

Who is going to be next off?