Sign in to follow this  
Jim Smith

Everton supposedly about to bid for Godfrey

Happy to spend £20m+ on players with good PL experience, just nervous about signing a young player with 1 season’s worth of PL experience and part of the worst defence in the PL last season.....

P.S. - am desperate for the international transfer window to close so Fenerbahce can’t get their hands on Emi

2 hours ago, sgncfc said:

If we get £20m plus for Godfrey it will be the best deal this club has ever done - slightly shading the £12m we got for Murphy. Pair him with a good centre back and the whole world will see he isn't one.....

Anyway, I thought we were supposed to have "top coaching"?

We do have Very good Coaches And they have brought through many good youngsters Godfrey and co 

But i think you would find it hard to say Ancelotti is not a better Coach / Manager than Farke to take him to the next level 

Everton looking for a loan to start with which i would turn down 

If a PL Club or Barcelona Can Pay massive amounts to other clubs they can pay for our players 

31 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

Everton looking for a loan to start with which i would turn down 

If a PL Club or Barcelona Can Pay massive amounts to other clubs they can pay for our players 

Spot on Norfolk, Well said. 

• Thanks 1

Definitely some "creative" thinking on their part.  I can see how it might seem reasonable from their side, Godfrey gets experience at Prem level with better players around him, if it works out he's worth a lot more.  But I'm pretty sure we'd rather give him another year in our team instead.

8 minutes ago, It's Character Forming said:

Definitely some "creative" thinking on their part.  I can see how it might seem reasonable from their side, Godfrey gets experience at Prem level with better players around him, if it works out he's worth a lot more.  But I'm pretty sure we'd rather give him another year in our team instead.

What is it with teams thinking that we'd just happily let our players be loaned for a season just in case they come good. 

3 minutes ago, Jerrykerry said:

Everyone is keen apparently on several of our players.... Yet not one bid. 

That's the key isn't it. I've read so many articles about clubs "interested" in our players but no concrete bids. I'd hope we might sell one more of our stars (e.g. Cantwell seems to be the one we'd least miss) and then we really can play hardball.

Can't see us accepting any of our stars going out on loans

Just reading the Telegraph. £26m if true would be hard to turn down, and Everton would be a good move for him.

I pray we re-invest if he goes. Hanley & Klose can't get through a couple of games without injury. 

• Like 1

£25m with another £5m on add-ons (and a proper sell-on clause) and we'd be daft not to take it. We already have Gibson on the bench and can bring in a new CB for a lot less than that.

• Like 1

Godfrey as Will be a Everton player soon 

good luck to him has not kicked up a fuss

Will work under one of the best Managers in the world 

Up coming team it seems as Ancelotti will not be there unless there is money to be spent 

Will at least double his wage or more  and a good profit for us 

now we need to go and BUY a really good young centre half with the money over to you Mr Webber 

• Like 2

The deal be reported is totally fair and Ben for his conduct alone deserves the move. Everton would be the right fit for him. Good move, all the best lad.

Hi everyone, york fan here just wondering if a official bid been put if for Godfrey yet? watching with interest as we get 20% sell on fee. Massive for us.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Deanycfc said:

Hi everyone, york fan here just wondering if a official bid been put if for Godfrey yet? watching with interest as we get 20% sell on fee. Massive for us.

17.5% according to my sources 

Just now, Rabbit hole said:

17.5% according to my sources 

Our chairman said 20% but even at that Still.... massive for us, our accounts show that we already received just over 1m in add ons from your time in the premier league too. Good luck he is a great lad 

6 minutes ago, Deanycfc said:

Good on York, went to watch them two years ago and the fans were very passionate. 

• Thanks 1

Hi Guys,

Hearing we are about to sign Godfrey? Not heard much about him to be honest but a few guys on the Everton forum seem to rate him. Hopefully you'll get good money for him for whatever he's worth. Hopefully you come back up this year to lads, good crowd at Carrow road... bit of a journey but we always have a laugh when we get there.

Sorry for Naismith :-)

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Jerrykerry said:

26 million? 

I'll drive him to Everton myself! Even if if it means my car might get stolen.... 

You’d get in trouble for that

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

Godfrey as Will be a Everton player soon 

good luck to him has not kicked up a fuss

Will work under one of the best Managers in the world 

Up coming team it seems as Ancelotti will not be there unless there is money to be spent 

Will at least double his wage or more  and a good profit for us 

now we need to go and BUY a really good young centre half with the money over to you Mr Webber 

I would be surprised if we go out and buy anyone. Hope I am proved wrong if we end up selling a couple more but get the feeling we won't.

22 hours ago, yellowrider120 said:

Who knows Ancelotti may even see him as a defensive or 'box to box' midfielder. Now there's a thought!  

Aye 👍

11 minutes ago, EFC_NO1 said:

Hi Guys,

Hearing we are about to sign Godfrey? Not heard much about him to be honest but a few guys on the Everton forum seem to rate him. Hopefully you'll get good money for him for whatever he's worth. Hopefully you come back up this year to lads, good crowd at Carrow road... bit of a journey but we always have a laugh when we get there.

Sorry for Naismith 🙂

Quick, athletic, very good passer (short and long) and a great attitude. Still needs to improve his positioning and reading of the game at the highest level, but there's every reason to think he will be able to do this with time and experience. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, hurricane said:

I would be surprised if we go out and buy anyone. Hope I am proved wrong if we end up selling a couple more but get the feeling we won't.

If we lose Godfrey, and with Famewo going out on loan, after last years horror story with injuries we'd be bonkers to rely on Hanley & Klose, with just Gibson (is he match fit) and Zimm our only fit central defenders

Not another season hoping Tettey and untried Sorenson to play back up please!

8 minutes ago, EFC_NO1 said:

Hi Guys,

Sorry for Naismith 🙂

He has a talent but still isn’t the finished article. He plays the modern way, but can be suspect at times with actual defending, particularly at corners.

• Thanks 1