Sign in to follow this  
Jim Smith

Everton supposedly about to bid for Godfrey

£20-£25m bid according to footyinsider.

So with Aarons being courted by clubs that definitely fall in the "can;t deny him the opportunity" category and with Todd and Emi possibly in the "get rid if they don't want to play for us" category then the possibility remains of all 5 of our most saleable assets attracting bids the club consider to hit the requisite level.

If so, where do you draw the line or do we let all 5 go? 

where are all these clubs getting all this money from ? all Im hearing is 'we have no money in the post covid times'  we have last years Premier League money (150m ish) and parachute payments coming in, 15 mil from Jamal Lewis sale and we are still talking about shortfalls and having to sell.   

meanwhile everyone else is spending crazy money still.  (eg. Villa splashing 30m on a player from the Championship)

Edited by Haus
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Haus said:

where are all these clubs getting all this money from ? all Im hearing is 'we have no money in the post covid times'  we have last years Premier League money (150m ish) and parachute payments coming in, 15 mil from Jamal Lewis sale and we are still talking about shortfalls and having to sell.   

meanwhile everyone else is spending crazy money still.  (eg. Villa splashing 30m on a player from the Championship)

Wealthy owners. Our fans laugh at the likes of Leeds and Villa though. Idiots spending money to stay in the top division. They've probably worked out that in the current evironment staying in the top division is more important than ever. Some of the other divisions/clubs may cease to exist!

13 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

So with Aarons being courted by clubs that definitely fall in the "can;t deny him the opportunity" category and with Todd and Emi possibly in the "get rid if they don't want to play for us" category then the possibility remains of all 5 of our most saleable assets attracting bids the club consider to hit the requisite level.

With the right offer and add ons etc then all of them would go. I know Godfrey gets stick for certain parts of his defensive game but I personally I think he has it all to be a excellent player and probably at international level too. Put him in a more experienced back 4, with a good coach and take away the pressure of starting every game then he will go far. Surprised others havent been linked to him.

• Like 6

Any bid from Everton for any of our players has to have at least an additional "Here's the money back for Naismith, sorry about all that" £10m added to the price.

• Like 4
  • Haha 9

1 minute ago, Move Klose said:

With the right offer and add ons etc then all of them would go. I know Godfrey gets stick for certain parts of his defensive game but I personally I think he has it all to be a excellent player and probably at international level too. Put him in a more experienced back 4, with a good coach and take away the pressure of starting every game then he will go far. Surprised others havent been linked to him.

So are you saying that we allow any of them to go if the asking price is met? Even if we've already sold 3 or 4 of the others? 

3 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

So are you saying that we allow any of them to go if the asking price is met? Even if we've already sold 3 or 4 of the others? 

Could whoever started the "predict who we'll sell" thread bump it please - I want to edit my post😅.

24 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

We won’t be drawing any line. Any of our players have a £20+mil bid for them and they are off. Understandable from the club and players point of view. But, infuriating from a fans perspective. 

I want to see a decent reinvestment from some of these sales. We are financially sound and have recouped all of our expenditure in the Lewis sale. Interesting week ahead!

26 minutes ago, Haus said:

we have last years Premier League money (150m ish)

Do you really think that we’ve still got all that money in a safe somewhere ? All the players wages went up for a start, plus the three loan players would have had fees involved 

2 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Do you really think that we’ve still got all that money in a safe somewhere ? All the players wages went up for a start, plus the three loan players would have had fees involved 

In the unlikely event everyones wages went up by 20 grand each - thats £500,000 

a drop in the ocean

Edited by Haus

1 minute ago, FenwayFrank said:

Yeah but does that £150m include the £30m we have in the transfer budget ? 😂

Is ‘footyinsider’ any good?  There’s so many of these supposed itk people who often know less than nothing...I saw yesterday that Everton might be interested so wouldn’t take a lot to make up something and appear knowledgable. 

Edited by Branston Pickle

12 minutes ago, Haus said:

In the unlikely event everyones wages went up by 20 grand each - thats £500,000 

a drop in the ocean

Good grief Haus I hope you don't sit a maths exam anytime soon............

If 10 players wages go up by 20 grand a week that's an extra £10 million - not £500,000. 

And I'll say it for the umpteenth time............ In the season we got promoted we made a loss of £38.5 million!!!

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Yeah but does that £150m include the £30m we have in the transfer budget ? 😂

My point though, is all this talk of a shortfall - with 15m from Jamals sale, the years premier league money that we didnt spend, and parachute payments incoming, we should have no shortfall due to fans not coming to games and should be under no pressure to sell right now. 

2 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

If 10 players wages go up by 20 grand a week that's an extra £10 million - not £500,000.

Beat me to it 😁, and that’s just ten players 

Edited by FenwayFrank
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Good grief Haus I hope you don't sit a maths exam anytime soon............

And I'll say it for the umpteenth time............ In the season we got promoted we made a loss of £38.5 million!!!

Haha, good catch, not sure what I was thinking there, but still - should have the main chunk of it left. 

There just seems to be a massive disparity and other teams dont seem to be feeling the pinch at all currently. 

I think Godfrey is a Excellent Buy for most PL clubs

pair him with a Good CB and top coaching i think he will go all the way 

Pace and good on the ball and  english  a snip at anything round 20 million 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Haus said:

There just seems to be a massive disparity and other teams dont seem to be feeling the pinch at all currently

Really ? How do you know this ?

5 minutes ago, Haus said:

My point though, is all this talk of a shortfall - with 15m from Jamals sale, the years premier league money that we didnt spend, and parachute payments incoming, we should have no shortfall due to fans not coming to games and should be under no pressure to sell right now. 

So you think we are cash rich then ?

1 minute ago, Rabbit hole said:

Don’t say I didn’t tell you so

You weren't the only one Rabbit by a long chalk.

Provided buying clubs nearly meet our demands all 4 will go.  However they are only rumours show us the colour of your money.  I can see the over rated Cantwell not getting the move he wants.  Everton a much better home than Fulham for Godfrey seems they are already doomed.  Not seen any rumours for a move for Emi.

The loss of £38m was largely based on promotion bonuses, wages rising etc etc. 

We were predicting a profit of north of £20m by the end of this season. I imagine covid will have wiped a solid chunk of that away (although not as much as other clubs). So while I don't think we're sitting on a big old chunk of cash from the Premier League season, I do imagine most of the money from player sales should be profit rather than paying off debts or similar. 

8 minutes ago, Rabbit hole said:

Don’t say I didn’t tell you so

Tell us what, exactly.  We all know that all players have a price - and that applies to each and every player at each and every club.  You don’t need to have any degree of pessimism to realise that a relegated club might sell some players - it shows no insight at all. 

The extended domestic transfer window between 5th -16th October is a disgrace.

Premier League clubs cant even trade with each othet during that period.

The only deals that can be done are between Premier Lge clubs and EFL .

It seems and incredibly one sided arrangement where Premier League clubs an just pick off the best of the rest of whats left over out of the championship after the international window is closed.....in the meantime the club thats lost the player has no time or no clubs to react or tade with.

• Like 2