Sign in to follow this  
Greavsy

season ticket refund options announced

2 minutes ago, Van wink said:

I am cutting all organisations a bit of slack atm Greavsy so not overly concerned about this. I would say though that there is no excuse for failure to communicate, it’s a common curtesy at the very least.

Totally agree Winky, im not pushing them to communicate what they are doing whilst its still being finalised. I actually said to them that I would rather it was released later, but cover all options, and scenarios, rather then be rushed. All the staff I have spoken to, have always been courteous and agreed with my suggestion of an interim communication, but that also needs to signed off by the board, who want to issue the entire complete comms when its agreed.

I fully accept that this is a bigger issue to some than others, and respect everyone's point of view and position. 

• Like 1

When the communication is published with the options available don't be surprised to find the begging bowl included Greavsy.

4 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

When the communication is published with the options available don't be surprised to find the begging bowl included Greavsy.

There is always a box to tick, even at screwfix!

56 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Yes I think this is why they have suddenly changed the original plan (which in fairness I thought was very good), they suddenly saw that there was a good chance that most (all) ST holders were going to be entitled to automatic refunds on a regular basis for most of the season and are looking for a quick way to plug (stop) this outpouring of cash.  After this latest shower Ill be taking whatever I can get and keeping it out of CR for as long as possible, whereas if the original scheme had remained Id have probably left my money there, unless I really needed it.  

I smell Ben Kensell all over this mess as usual.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

Was an interesting comment when I spoke to them today. 

I said with the transfers that they have recently done, its not as if they need the money from the ST holders. Their reply was 'Don't believe all the figures you see in the press'! 

So you're probably correct Tilly! They are laying the foundations for a whip round! 

27 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

I said with the transfers that they have recently done, its not as if they need the money from the ST holders. Their reply was 'Don't believe all the figures you see in the press'! 

So you're probably correct Tilly! They are laying the foundations for a whip round! 

There might just be some surprises when the accounts are released.

2 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

There might just be some surprises when the accounts are released.

Do you know someone (or are you) ITK? 

1 minute ago, Greavsy said:

Do you know someone (or are you) ITK? 

Just a hunch Greavsy, no more than that.

😉 I hear what you're saying! 

They are never short with the comms when they need to get the bowl out are they! 

1 hour ago, Greavsy said:

Well, half this forum accused the club of getting the begging bowl out before the options were released last time and guess what, they didnt.

Some people love being consistently wrong. I suppose if you call the same thing often enough you'll eventually be right.

2 hours ago, Greavsy said:

Or that some of the earlier figures in the media were indeed an underestimate of what damage the pandemic would do to the club's finances this season but there is still no reason at all to suppose there will be any kind of appeal to supporters to donate money.

Maybe the club's hierarchy are organising a soup kitchen and food bank in the lower Barclay concourse for all the players and coaching staff?....   

On 02/10/2020 at 17:24, TIL 1010 said:

Greavsy any idea why the Away membership refund sitting in my NCFC account is £12.50p ( 50% ) as there is no chance whatsoever of going to an Away game this season ?

To be fair Tilly until events overtook us there was a chance that away supporters might be allowed into grounds after Christmas so the 50% compromise seems about right.

5 hours ago, Ren said:

Yes I think this is why they have suddenly changed the original plan (which in fairness I thought was very good), they suddenly saw that there was a good chance that most (all) ST holders were going to be entitled to automatic refunds on a regular basis for most of the season and are looking for a quick way to plug (stop) this outpouring of cash.  After this latest shower Ill be taking whatever I can get and keeping it out of CR for as long as possible, whereas if the original scheme had remained Id have probably left my money there, unless I really needed it.  

I smell Ben Kensell all over this mess as usual.  

Yep, my season ticket beginning to look like my away membership last year, all that money to the club and might see a game eventually

Think its very sensible tbh , so you can either leave your cash in and that's next years season ticket paid for or if you wish or need to, you can request a  full refund. 

3 minutes ago, Diane said:

Think its very sensible tbh , so you can either leave your cash in and that's next years season ticket paid for or if you wish or need to, you can request a  full refund. 

Yep - no increase in price for next season, which is good for all. 

Take you money if your situation is that you wish to, but you can still apply for a season ticket for next season, you just lose the Ifollow / club shop discounts and the like - which is fair enough, as you havent 'paid in'.  

Or leave it in for next season, and still watch with free Ifollow etc, and club to announce ticketing arrangements when people are allowed back in - fully accept they cannot give details of that yet, as its a complete unknown. 

My only gripe has always been that they should have announced their previous system wasn't being implemented and further details to be issued once details completed. 

5 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

So they were taking their time to find a sensible solution that doesn’t include a begging bowl?

That was always the case FF, it was just an interim comms that was required. 
Begging bowl - lets wait and see...................

1 minute ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Seems a decent solution and fair that if you give up your ticket you can't expect to be involved in spectating later in the season if people are allowed back into the ground.

Greavsy must be pleased 🙂

Over the moon! 
Happy I don't need to have my alarm set for 9.01am to ring the ticket office, demanding answers!  😉 

If you continue to pay by DD your final payment for 21/22 will be made in January 21 which means a 12 month payment holiday until February 22 when payments for 22/23 will commence.

Right or wrong Greavsy if you follow my thought ?