Sign in to follow this  
Greavsy

season ticket refund options announced

1 hour ago, essex canary said:

A shareholding which comes with a season ticket for life is clearly of little use just at the moment either in terms of match attendance or a refund.

Whilst I appreciate the enthusiasm to discharge some of the Clubs liabilities in relation to my mortality perhaps Drmics salary presents a greater financial risk given that he could simply sit there for 2 years. There is also the point that it is not his fault either. In the same way that Buendia and Cantwell are expected to show professionalism and compete for a first team place shouldn't he have the same opportunity?

12 months ago the Club was prepared to pay out a substantial capital reward to a limited number of supporters. Whilst appreciating that Covid is not their fault either it would still be a bit rich to look to the wider supporter base for any substantial free finance. Alternatives would be to fill the three vacant Board posts with some prominent local young businessmen or to extend the Preference Share scheme currently at a rate of 4 per cent.

You're quite right, Covid isn't their fault. But some time ago they gave season ticket holders the right to cancel their direct debits. 

Every few days our Government changes the rules about Covid. What on earth do you expect the club to do? 

We live in unprecedented times. If you're so clever why don't you sort it out? 

5 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I may be wrong but I'm sure we were all given the opportunity to pause our direct debit. If so, it's a bit late to complain now. 

Perhaps the club has got it wrong but we are at least getting ifollow for nothing. As a season ticket holder I would have been quite happy to pay £10 for home games so financially I have no complaints. Ricardo rightly says we may not be here by the time refunds are issued but I doubt I'll care if I'm dead. 

I don’t think your bit on DDs is correct. At the beginning of this we were struggling and we asked to pause payments. In no uncertain terms the club told us 1. They would cancel our season tickets 2. If it wasn’t renewed prior to each renewal window the price would go up 3. If it wasn’t back in place by the last window they would cancel our season ticket after decades. 
We have therefore finished up with 1 cancelled and 2 paying a higher amount, for me personally I found the club didn’t really care, let alone we are all in this together.

As I said before I will stand to be corrected, but I believe we are the only ( pyramid 1 ) club charging fans for season tickets.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Well b back said:

I don’t think your bit on DDs is correct. At the beginning of this we were struggling and we asked to pause payments. In no uncertain terms the club told us 1. They would cancel our season tickets 2. If it wasn’t renewed prior to each renewal window the price would go up 3. If it wasn’t back in place by the last window they would cancel our season ticket after decades. 
We have therefore finished up with 1 cancelled and 2 paying a higher amount, for me personally I found the club didn’t really care, let alone we are all in this together.

As I said before I will stand to be corrected, but I believe we are the only ( pyramid 1 ) club charging fans for season tickets.

Yep, just what they told me too.
Cancel the DD and my ticket would be cancelled and seats would be put on general sale. I even had an official from the club ring me at home to verify.

There was a window to pause the DD but that passed and DDs were to be restarted.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Well b back said:

I am not sure what a pyramid 1 club is , a mate is paying for his Brighton season ticket 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, city4eva said:

I am not sure what a pyramid 1 club is , a mate is paying for his Brighton season ticket 

By pyramid 1 I effectively meant the clubs above the National league. 
Thanks for that as I couldn’t find other clubs that were charging. 

6 minutes ago, scoop said:

Yep, just what they told me too.
Cancel the DD and my ticket would be cancelled and seats would be put on general sale. I even had an official from the club ring me at home to verify.

There was a window to pause the DD but that passed and DDs were to be restarted.

As it happens now I am in a totally different position, but at the time I found the club totally unsympathetic. 

4 hours ago, essex canary said:

12 months ago the Club was prepared to pay out a substantial capital reward to a limited number of supporters. Whilst appreciating that Covid is not their fault either it would still be a bit rich to look to the wider supporter base for any substantial free finance. Alternatives would be to fill the three vacant Board posts with some prominent local young businessmen or to extend the Preference Share scheme currently at a rate of 4 per cent.

I'm still struggling with this Essex. You tried to get involved in the bonds but missed the boat. You then said as such an "important" shareholder you should have had first dibs on the bonds. You certainly weren't put off by any bonus being offered.

I take it had you got your rear end into gear and been a successful applicant you would have foregone the bonus. (Not likely from your posts about your shares and lack of dividends which are never paid in the shares).

Other posters on here said we'd be more likely to lose our money and league one was our likely destination anyway.

4 hours ago, Well b back said:for me personally I found the club didn’t really care, let alone we are all in this together.

I couldn’t agree more.

We waited 2 months from the date that we stated that we wanted a refund last season to receive that refund. This season promises have already been broken with regards to refunds after 10 days. 

With the imminent sales of Ben, Emi, Todd and perhaps Max along with the sale of Jamal it’s not like the club are struggling financially....so they need to get this sorted! 

• Like 1

Hard not to disagree with the above post.  A broken promise and a lack of communication (which doesn't cost anything on the website and via Twitter/Facebook etc is quite disappointing.  NCFC really need to be careful here, a lot of fans are starting to get used to not going and may choose not to return if NCFC treat them so poorly. 

11 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

I'm still struggling with this Essex. You tried to get involved in the bonds but missed the boat. You then said as such an "important" shareholder you should have had first dibs on the bonds. You certainly weren't put off by any bonus being offered.

I take it had you got your rear end into gear and been a successful applicant you would have foregone the bonus. (Not likely from your posts about your shares and lack of dividends which are never paid in the shares).

Other posters on here said we'd be more likely to lose our money and league one was our likely destination anyway.

1. The Clubs Annual Accounts states that Depreciation on Fixed Assets - wear and tear runs at nearly £2 million per year. If they had set that money aside as a full self financing model would demand they would not have needed to go to the fans for the £5 million.

2. Given that they did need to go to the fans the polite approach would have been to put the proposals to the shareholders at an AGM. That would have given the shareholders the opportunity to query whether a 25% promotion bonus was appropriate bearing in mind that preference share holders received 10% in 2004.

3. Ordinary shares do not attract any cash dividend nevertheless the complimentary seating arrangement seems like reasonable compensation to anyone investing £25,000.

4. Shares in NCFC effectively means the Club owns its premises or rather the shareholders have been good enough to provide them. Clubs in other circumstances may need to rent their ground. £2 million or so per year for Leeds United from 2004 to 2017.

5. If you are my tenant and I die you would still reasonably owe my successors the Rent. Whilst I accept that 'for life' is ambiguous in context is there really any reason why NCFC should be any different?

6. Maybe the answer is the majority shareholders have an ideological objection to inheritance? Maybe it is a case of one rule for them and one rule for everybody else?

1 hour ago, essex canary said:

1. The Clubs Annual Accounts states that Depreciation on Fixed Assets - wear and tear runs at nearly £2 million per year. If they had set that money aside as a full self financing model would demand they would not have needed to go to the fans for the £5 million.

2. Given that they did need to go to the fans the polite approach would have been to put the proposals to the shareholders at an AGM. That would have given the shareholders the opportunity to query whether a 25% promotion bonus was appropriate bearing in mind that preference share holders received 10% in 2004.

3. Ordinary shares do not attract any cash dividend nevertheless the complimentary seating arrangement seems like reasonable compensation to anyone investing £25,000.

4. Shares in NCFC effectively means the Club owns its premises or rather the shareholders have been good enough to provide them. Clubs in other circumstances may need to rent their ground. £2 million or so per year for Leeds United from 2004 to 2017.

5. If you are my tenant and I die you would still reasonably owe my successors the Rent. Whilst I accept that 'for life' is ambiguous in context is there really any reason why NCFC should be any different?

6. Maybe the answer is the majority shareholders have an ideological objection to inheritance? Maybe it is a case of one rule for them and one rule for everybody else?

...and I thought this thread was about ticket refunds. 

Cant you and Nutty take this off line and discuss it yourself, its been going on all year and frankly we are all sick of it. 

36 minutes ago, Ren said:

Cant you and Nutty take this off line and discuss it yourself, its been going on all year and frankly we are all sick of it. 

Well said! 😊 

56 minutes ago, Ren said:

I reckon Pete may let you have a turn at moderating Ren. My mother-in-law asked first so you may have a wait🙃

Just to get this back on topic. 

I have spoken to the club today, and there will be an announcement on the website tomorrow morning. 

i do not know the details though, and still think an update along the lines of 'this is being reviewed, and further details to follow' would have been better, rather than a wall of silence.   

6 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

I reckon Pete may let you have a turn at moderating Ren. My mother-in-law asked first so you may have a wait🙃

Wanting to be a moderator automatically disqualifies you, and I am afraid that has to include your mother in-law, nutty...

2 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

Wanting to be a moderator automatically disqualifies you, and I am afraid that has to include your mother in-law, nutty...

Fine by me. But you can tell her Purple...

• Haha 1

Again, trying to keep on topic. 

Ticket office called me last night andd assured me there would be an update on their website today. 

That hasn't happened! 

I have just spoken to them again and been told that it will updated next week, once the updated process is fully agreed. Letters are to be sent over weekend. 

I think this is poor from the club, and should keep us informed when things change. I totally accept its out of the their hands, but communication is key. 

I bet the staff at the ticket office think oh no, it’s him again 😁

Edited by FenwayFrank

2 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

To be honest it's probably the only call they get each day!

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Which part of "Ticket office called me"    didn't you understand? 

Im trying to do something for everyones benefit here. 

Funny though as your reply is the same thought as what goes through my head every time I see you reply to a post. 

22 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Again, trying to keep on topic. 

Ticket office called me last night andd assured me there would be an update on their website today. 

That hasn't happened! 

I have just spoken to them again and been told that it will updated next week, once the updated process is fully agreed. Letters are to be sent over weekend. 

I think this is poor from the club, and should keep us informed when things change. I totally accept its out of the their hands, but communication is key. 

I don't BEEELEEEVE it.

You're Victor Meldrew and I claim my £5 😀

• Sad 1

I think we all appreciate that the situation is so fluid it's difficult to make plans, especially since Norwich were one of the trial attendance clubs. However, paying for a service that you can't access is going to irritate people very quickly unless it's resolved in a suitable and timely manner. As stated, non-communication is the worst tactic, how long before people cut their losses and cancel direct debits if that method of dealing with this situation continues? The club would be in all sorts of bother if we all pulled the plug indefinitely.

• Thanks 1

Its blatantly going to be giving fans the option of a refund or leaving the cash with them as payment for next season's ST. They will probably be looking to incentivise fans to do the latter for cashflow benefits for the club.

5 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Its blatantly going to be giving fans the option of a refund or leaving the cash with them as payment for next season's ST. They will probably be looking to incentivise fans to do the latter for cashflow benefits for the club.

Agreed they only have two options. Refund money (in full as installments seem to be a non runner now) or keep it for future payment. 

However I wouldn't bank on any incentives or even your payment covering the full amount, as there is no guarantee prices won't increase. Remember they will still have a seasons revenue missing. 

3 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Yes because they called me, why would some one say "oh its him again" when they made the call? 

Are you just trying to prove an irrelevant point that suits your agenda or are you just intellectually challenged Joe? 

I prefer it when you post on the other site. 

23 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Possible incentive could be that they keep the full amount and it pays for next season - but if you take a refund now you might be subject to an increase in renewal price next season (entirely possible having been frozen for so long, and with a huge hole in ticket income).

1 minute ago, CaptCanary said:

Possible incentive could be that they keep the full amount and it pays for next season - but if you take a refund now you might be subject to an increase in renewal price next season (entirely possible having been frozen for so long, and with a huge hole in ticket income).

That would make sense, and be relatively simple to impliment.

Given the season is only 3 games old, and we have played just one home game to-date, it isn’t the world’s most pressing thing for me that this has been delayed a little.  The intention was for us to get back a bit more to normality with up to 8000 attending games but things have had to change.  IMO it is not a big deal, refunds will come when they come, it’s not like the club is trying to fleece us and not repay. 

Edited by Branston Pickle