Rabbit hole

The self importance of the Alice band

You could do some interesting psychological analysis on players that have grown their hair long and in particular have worn an Alice band.

Think about it, name all the players who have worn them and then think about fallouts within the club surrounding said player.

Ill start with the first one David Beckham and the boot.

FF66A39E-04AE-43E8-9012-85B770F8AC93.jpeg

1 hour ago, Jonncfc said:

In my opinion, footballers wearing “Alice Bands” = tw@ttery of the highest order.  Same for man buns.

Nobody cares.........

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jonncfc said:

In my opinion, footballers wearing “Alice Bands” = tw@ttery of the highest order.  Same for man buns.

image.thumb.jpeg.f14ea9e5542062ce4d855e130382ca6a.jpegWhat about a nice ponytail? 

14 hours ago, Uncle Fred said:

You have a particularly enjoyable brand of trolling I do like it 

Why thank you, it is appreciated. As my mother said, always say your pleases and thank you’s

Nothing wrong with Alice bands. Excellent for keeping hair out of your face. Just a bit annoying when they slip mid-race (which is what happened when doing Warszawa-Praga parkrun last year, hence the photos all show me holding my Alice hand in my hand).

If you're growing your hair longer, they're almost inevitable at some stage. Gel on its own often won't hack it.

Frankly I find this whole thread insulting to those of us who struggle to maintain a decent hair to scalp ratio.

1 minute ago, Nuff Said said:

Frankly I find this whole thread insulting to those of us who struggle to maintain a decent hair to scalp ratio.

But us men with a lack of hair aren’t self important remember. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rabbit hole said:

But us men with a lack of hair aren’t self important remember. 

Can always remember a certain Paul Mcveigh at Carrow Rd. Can't place the game,but he went up for a header,lost his alice band,and when he hit the ground,was more concerned about retrieving his band than he was chasing the ball!! God,I must admit,I gave him dogs abuse for that!Never forgot that!

8 minutes ago, mannings bandy legs said:

Can always remember a certain Paul Mcveigh at Carrow Rd. Can't place the game,but he went up for a header,lost his alice band,and when he hit the ground,was more concerned about retrieving his band than he was chasing the ball!! God,I must admit,I gave him dogs abuse for that!Never forgot that!

Hah, I had a plastic one in my hair once for a kids game I was refereeing, and the bloody thing snapped. Spent most of the second half running with my chin up in the air. Not much fun running around with your hair all in your face.

Although nothing trumps the Paulie Malignaggi / Lovemore N'Dou boxing match when Paulie's braids came undone during round 7 and a pair of scissors suddenly trumped the Endswell in the corner at the end of that round!!

16 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

And you used the phrase 'self importance' in the thread title without a hint of irony. Bravo!!

Cue somebody accusing you of not knowing the meaning of irony.......  ;0))

Edited by paul moy

Messi and Ronaldo are completely unprofessional... Slackers! They'll never get anywhere or do anything in their career if they can't cut their hair

17 minutes ago, paul moy said:

Queue somebody accusing you of not knowing the meaning of irony.......  ;0))

Cue.......... (unless you meant that were lots of people lining up to point it out 😉 ) 

48 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Come on own up..... how many posters on the forum have a hairdryer and ladies need not respond ? 🤣

I think she told you it was a 'hairdryer'  to save you from embarrassment . The Rampant Rabbit Hairdryer.

43 minutes ago, NFN FC said:

Messi and Ronaldo are completely unprofessional... Slackers! They'll never get anywhere or do anything in their career if they can't cut their hair

Never known them to have extreme length so yes they pass the true professional test. 😎