Sign in to follow this  
Block Y Seat 176

iFollow information for Derby game

It’s basically double-checking that emails are right, but the whole thing does seem overly faffy.  I wonder if it will confuse some - but it’s free so can’t complain   

Edited by Branston Pickle

Actually, one thing - are we meant to be getting matches refunded to our accounts?  Can’t recall quite what they said about it - I’m guessing it is in train but there’s nowt in my account so far.  

I think so - but it needed to be to get iFollow, so nothing much new.  Perhaps there’s a load of S/T holders who haven’t done anything yet (I know of some who are a bit confused by it all)

17 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Actually, one thing - are we meant to be getting matches refunded to our accounts?  Can’t recall quite what they said about it - I’m guessing it is in train but there’s nowt in my account so far.  

Refunds are credited too your canary account 10 days after the match. Ie tomorrow for Preston match. 

You have to (after making sure the correct card is registered to the account) trigger a refund to your card, or leave it in the account, as you wish. 

Basically there is no voucher for this game, it is an auto credit on your iFollow account, so the email address you use with the club needs to be the same as you use on iFollow. 

I can only assume this is to stop someone like myself with Sky Sports passing on my voucher code to Joe Bloggs who doesn't have Sky so they can watch the game for free. In reality I could just let Mr Bloggs know my iFollow credentials, but I suppose that is deemed less likely to happen. 

3 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

I think so - but it needed to be to get iFollow, so nothing much new.  Perhaps there’s a load of S/T holders who haven’t done anything yet (I know of some who are a bit confused by it all)

I'm set up with different email addresses at the moment. My main NCFC contact email address is one I've had for donkey's years, but iFollow uses a more recent one that I use for subscriptions etc. where I'm not interested in the endless emails that you receive. 

FWIW - the cost to stream an HD feed to someone's laptop even on an ad hoc basis is about 20p per hour. So lets' say 50p for a game. There is absolutely no reason why a game that has already got the TV cameras there isn't free of charge for season ticket holders and for anyone else is not £5 or less. If there are no TV cameras already there then it's different of course.