Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Fulham

They won't get 20 points this year. You need an excellent defence, pace and power all throughout the side and one or two exceptional attacking players to give yourself a decent chance of surviving nowadays. I dread to think what would top flight teams would be doing to us this year if the league was called off last year and we managed to stay up by default. Worth keeping an eye on Fulham this year as a reference point because they are quite similar to us

" Fulham have conceded 10 goals in their opening three games, which would have been a joint record in Premier League history - if West Brom had not conceded 11 this season " 

Both are gonners ... I still think Leed's defense will condemn them too, but not conceding a goal in the last game v Sheff Utd was a positive development for them, even more so than winning that game. 

50 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

Mmmmm, now who was it last season who lost 1-5 to Villa almost a year ago to the day?

Two things jump out from those highlights - a) McGovern is just too short to be a goalkeeper, and b) how bad was Amadou in that game? 

36 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

If this is correct they have spent very little. Similarities to us indeed.

image.png.324a006ab15dab12be379dff4905c535.png

They had Anthony Knockaert on loan last season and signed him permanently as well. Believe they had two expensive returnees who they'd sent on loan when they got relegated from the premiership as well (Zambo Anguissa was one).

1 minute ago, Icecream Snow said:

If Godfrey's got any sense he'd stay well away.

I would be surprised if Fulham were after him. Got to be better options in terms of Premier League experience. Everton on the other hand... 

Its mad that desoite their splurge last time they went up they are still playing Ream and Odoi who are not great by Championship standards, let alone prem.

11 minutes ago, king canary said:

Its mad that desoite their splurge last time they went up they are still playing Ream and Odoi who are not great by Championship standards, let alone prem.

Yeah, I mean i'm always quite critical of this crazy spending but with the money they did spend it was poorly done, with that sort of money the squad should be pretty well balanced.

2 hours ago, Icecream Snow said:

It's Tony Khan saying that ... Well known NFL cheapskate.... although it does say that he's trying to buy Wembley Stadium 🙂

In addition to the Jaguars, Khan also owns the Fulham Football Club and is in the process of buying Wembley Stadium in London. After his bid for Wembley, Khan said: “Today’s news changes none of what we envision for the long-term promise for the Jaguars here in Jax, and it changes nothing as to the goals we have for your downtown.” He added: “And the stronger the Jaguars are in London, the more stable and promising the Jaguars’ future will be in Jacksonville.”

9 hours ago, Surfer said:

It's Tony Khan saying that ... Well known NFL cheapskate.... although it does say that he's trying to buy Wembley Stadium 🙂

In addition to the Jaguars, Khan also owns the Fulham Football Club and is in the process of buying Wembley Stadium in London. After his bid for Wembley, Khan said: “Today’s news changes none of what we envision for the long-term promise for the Jaguars here in Jax, and it changes nothing as to the goals we have for your downtown.” He added: “And the stronger the Jaguars are in London, the more stable and promising the Jaguars’ future will be in Jacksonville.”

Of all his sports investments I'd suggest the one doing best is AEW.

11 hours ago, hogesar said:

Yeah, I mean i'm always quite critical of this crazy spending but with the money they did spend it was poorly done, with that sort of money the squad should be pretty well balanced.

I know they aren't popular on here but Villa seem to actually have created a pretty balanced team after their huge splurge the season before but they've also upgraded across the park- only McGinn, Grealish and Hourihan started last night who were with them in the Championship.