Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

Put up a nesting box!

Want to find an antidote for the lack of interest in our Club by a load of overpaid footballers?

Do what I did this weekend. Put up one or two nesting boxes and delight in watching our other feathered friends selecting what you have put on offer.

Talk about simple pleasures and a good antidote for the current football mating season.

Just fix them firmly two metres above ground level, north -west facing and somewhere out of the sun as it rises into the season.

A far better idea Roo, get yourself an aquarium mate, fish are a good anti worthy stress release. I''ve got 60 in several tanks because of him.

PS. I already have 3 bird boxes, and yes, I do charge the feathered vandals rent!.

Like my fish covered in batter with a few chips and lots of vinegar, Wiz.

As for your boxes: word of beak has it that they are all so fed up with your dull and uninspiring offerings that none of them will be renewing their boxes this coming season. LOL [:S][:D][co][li][S]

one of my mates in the river end, reckons he''ll still renew his season ticket come what may as its a great way to release the stress from his job. apparently, belowing at the city players every 2 weeks actually lowers his blood pressure overall.  This season he''s never felt better and hopes the poor performances continue.

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]

As for your boxes: word of beak has it that they are all so fed up with your dull and uninspiring offerings that none of them will be renewing their boxes this coming season. LOL [:S][:D][co][li][S]

[/quote]

Only Great Tits will do otherwise. [:)]

Want to find an antidote for the lack of interest in our Club by a load of overpaid footballers?

Do what I did this weekend. Put up one or two nesting boxes and delight in watching our other feathered friends selecting what you have put on offer.

Talk about simple pleasures and a good antidote for the current football mating season.

Just fix them firmly two metres above ground level, north -west facing and somewhere out of the sun as it rises into the season.

[/quote]

Sorry Rudolph, I''ve gone one better, I have just acquired an allotment, on which I will be spending a great deal of my spare time once it''s up and running, and using a Worthy lookalike as a scarecrow   lol 

If NW was to put up a bird box what sort of birds do you think he would try to attract ?. I suspect it would be birds that can run around a lot like roadrunners, emus, ostriches and Paula Radcliffe

60 fish wiz? blimey, you must be stressed! you remind me of the infamous wolves caller to 6-0-6 in their

promotion (or play off?) season, who described his antics to try and get

them promoted, involving every lucky charm you can imagine, including a black

cat that was going bald because he''d been stroking it so hard!!!

how many tanks then? you must be using overstretching the national grid

with all the water heaters, filters, lights etc. I have 12! but i

agree, good for de-stressing.

perhaps you can tell me how to work out the water volume of a bow fronted tank? those baffoons at pets at home can''t tell me.

This allotment thing has really got my creative juices going Gazza.

Why not set out your vegetables Worthy Style.

A swede would be good at the front so throw that on the compost heap for starters and go with a little spud and some rhubarb. Leave the right side totally empty and put plenty of well rotted manure in a big pile in the middle and on the left. Into this plant a couple of turnips and on the left a cabbage (don''t forget to remove the head). Behind these all you need are leaks and one large well rooted carrot.

This allotment thing has really got my creative juices going Gazza.

Why not set out your vegetables Worthy Style.

A swede would be good at the front so throw that on the compost heap for starters and go with a little spud and some rhubarb. Leave the right side totally empty and put plenty of well rotted manure in a big pile in the middle and on the left. Into this plant a couple of turnips and on the left a cabbage (don''t forget to remove the head). Behind these all you need are leaks and one large well rooted carrot.

[/quote]

[:D][:D][:D]

Brilliant!

[quote user="a1canary"]60 fish wiz? blimey, you must be stressed! you remind me of the infamous wolves caller to 6-0-6 in their promotion (or play off?) season, who described his antics to try and get them promoted, involving every lucky charm you can imagine, including a black cat that was going bald because he''d been stroking it so hard!!!

how many tanks then? you must be using overstretching the national grid with all the water heaters, filters, lights etc. I have 12! but i agree, good for de-stressing.

perhaps you can tell me how to work out the water volume of a bow fronted tank? those baffoons at pets at home can''t tell me.

[/quote]

Just go to the Pratical Fish Keeprs website, they have scales on line which will work it out for you, all you do is feed in the mesurments.

PS. I''m running three tanks (One is a five footer) thanks to worthy!.

So will you be putting some plush boxes up for the birds on you new allotment Gazza?

Fat Barman told me you were considering giving your Tit''s an upgrade.

[/quote]Careful, Rude Old, or I won''t give you the password for the live webacam feed for the great unveiling! By the way, Gazza, ticket sales are going really well (reckon we''ve picked up some casual supporters here). Any plans on what to spend the following seasons season-ticket fund on? If you can''t maintain the attraction of your performance, attendances will surely drop faster than prices during happy-hour!

ok thanks, i''ll give that a try. just realised, looks like i''m saying i got 12 tanks! i meant 12 fish. 1 tank!

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]Have you been to the pub lunchtime Wizard it is unlike you to misspell.[/quote]Not been in my gaff! [8o|]

This has gone all rather off beam: fish, allotments, webcams.

Can I just re-emphasise this was intended as a serious post with a helpful suggestion to all Norwich supporters who feel impotent in being able to attract new players.

Don''t take my word for it. last weekend Worthy himself put out three. Apparently he forgot to drill holes in them though and is wondering why he has had no interest.

You didn''t see a dirty black cloud hovering over the clientele them FB.

Incidentally, in answer to your earlier query good housekeeping maintaind that once you are happy with the Tit''s you have you then turn your attention to your box.

I''d give second thoughts to the solitary carrot recommendation Gazza. If the climate''s not too good it may tend to shed its top, and then you''ll wonder if it wants to be there or not.

Careful Rudolph, following on from your post of a day or two ago, I think you are starting to show more of yourself than good taste should allow. Suggest the moderators keep an eye on you before too much of the rural areas spread pesticide into the city. 

Jeez (hic) Rudolph, I''ve just read my post you refer to, back to myself (hic)  I know my spelling can be (hic) bad at times, but thats just awful (burp, splat vomit!)[:$]

Yankee, just thought of you and your level of comprehension over this thread.

I went outside to check my boxes and all these little birds flew out and went straight over my head.

Rudolph Hucker advised:

Incidentally, in answer to your earlier query good housekeeping

maintaind that once you are happy with the Tit''s you have you then turn

your attention to your box.

Surely, so long as it''s been nailed correctly, the box needs just routine maintenance? [:P]

No, Fat Bar Steward, screw - don''t nail. It is much more secure that way.

Attention should also be given about this time of year to ensure it is cleaned out and not full of bugs.

By the way, I hear you have fat balls and the birds love them. Don''t forget to hang them low so ground feeders like the Blackbird get a look in too.

[quote user="Fat Barman"]Rudolph Hucker advised:

Incidentally, in answer to your earlier query good housekeeping

maintaind that once you are happy with the Tit''s you have you then turn

your attention to your box.

Surely, so long as it''s been nailed correctly, the box needs just routine maintenance? [:P][/quote]looks like everything is going tits up at the moment.

[quote user="Fat Barman"]Rudolph Hucker advised:

Incidentally, in answer to your earlier query good housekeeping maintaind that once you are happy with the Tit''s you have you then turn your attention to your box.

Surely, so long as it''s been nailed correctly, the box needs just routine maintenance? [:P][/quote]

Naw! Sorry Portly Barsteward/Rude Old. I find that a quality long screw, will stop your box disappearing into someone else''s hands. You obviously mustn''t ignore the Tit''s either, or they will seek nourishment, support and attention elsewhere! ;~)

My box has brought me many hours of pleasure, being able to intimately study and admire those tit''s in action - is a joy to hold......sorry behold! Breast thing that''s happened to me in a long time........ 

I think I must have nailed my old box too hard last year - it''s been empty for a while and is now looking tatty. The Tits went south last year & haven''t shown any interest this year, so far!Can anyone recommend a good place to pick up a new box? After studying Rude Old and Mello''s advice I''m opting to site it somewhere out of the way and be careful how I screw it. On second thoughts - some of these new designs are a bit flashy for my taste. I''ve grown attached to the old one over the years. It''s got a classic design, I can still remember drilling the hole and the first time I saw the Tits...ah the nostalgia. You know, a bit of tlc and replacing some of those nails with a bit of tongue and groove and I reckon it''ll be good as new! I might even see those Tits again this Spring.Optimism, it''s a wonderful thing - must be why most of us stick with NCFC and don''t glory hunt the next big club.If I''m not mistaken, I may even have brought this thread back on topic - what do you think Rude Old? We all need a distraction sometimes, but our hearts belong to the Canaries, not the Tits (most of the time, eh?).I have to go and wipe a tear from my eye now, it''s all those strong beers making me over-emotional. [:''(]