Sign in to follow this  
hampton canary

Has Farke lost the dressing room?

4 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Will it show that £30million sloshing around in the transfer budget you were talking about yesterday sgncfc ? 🤔

But where does it go if we don’t spend it or won’t spend it this decade? WHERE? 

4 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

But where does it go if we don’t spend it or won’t spend it this decade? WHERE? 

HAMBAAAGGGG

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Michael Wynless Jones said:

It's still under the main stand isn't it?...

It'll probably turn up in the last place he looked. 🤣

Apples

2 hours ago, lappinitup said:

Trouble is, he doesn't know it. I booed everytime the cameras went on him yesterday but he couldn't hear me.

Doo you think the’ll have a boo button on the iPlayer option at the next home game stream?😂

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, hampton canary said:

I believe he may well have lost the support of a number of players who are not happy with his style of play.

I have not seen any real passion from the team for a long period. 

I personally don't like zonal marking, slowly playing it out from the back, sideways and backwards passing, not leaving a player up for opposition corners, and not playing two up front, especially at home.

I might have got it wrong, but this doesn't look like a side fighting for the club.

Nope, gained a lot of respect as far as I’m concerned in the way he is dealing with some petulance 

We will have a good idea of any real issues after 8-10 games.  Watching the post match video Farke made, the subtleties of the written word in press reporting compared to spoken word from him we’re aparrant to me. Towards the end of the video he stated he understood from the players perspective how interest from other clubs could cause a drop in form. He praised Max for performing at a top level even though he too is subject to the same interests. He clearly would like Emi and Todd to do the same. At the moment they are not able to.

The gauntlet has been thrown down, who will pick it up and return to the squad remains to be seen.

2 hours ago, Duncan Edwards said:

I do feel that he may have lost the dressing room. He has no plan B and always makes substitutions too late which shows his game management is poor and tactically naive. We've now got one win in 16 matches and that has to mean his time is nigh, some might argue that it's only one defeat in 17 in the Championship but that's stupid, you can't use statistics from a different season and a different squad to try and manipulate them to suit your agenda. 

This made me laugh so much, thank you

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Duncan Edwards said:

some might argue that it's only one defeat in 17 in the Championship but that's stupid, you can't use statistics from a different season and a different squad to try and manipulate them to suit your agenda. 

But we are in the Championship so surely that is what you are doing. This is a different season and a different squad to the Prem season.

2 hours ago, sgncfc said:

His mismanagement of Todd and Emi cost us three points and stifled all creativity,

You know that for a fact do you? We lost an away game by one goal to a team that finished above us last season and were equal on points (albeit after only two games).

Even Lambert realised that and quickly brought Wes and The Doc back into the fold.

And how could he have done that if he hadn't dropped them in the first place?

I won't be setting foot in Carrow Road for a good while unless something changes. 

Nobody will - they are not allowed to. If you choose not to when the pandemic is over that is your choice. Others will decide to stay away or return; that is their choice.

4 hours ago, hampton canary said:

I am suggesting that some of the current players don't like some of the tactics I have mentioned, hence they are not giving 100% for the manager.

Which players?

16 minutes ago, Sooty57 said:

But we are in the Championship so surely that is what you are doing. This is a different season and a different squad to the Prem season.

You know that for a fact do you? We lost an away game by one goal to a team that finished above us last season and were equal on points (albeit after only two games).

And how could he have done that if he hadn't dropped them in the first place?

Nobody will - they are not allowed to. If you choose not to when the pandemic is over that is your choice. Others will decide to stay away or return; that is their choice.

Sooty - I don't think Duncan was being 100% serious. 

7 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Which players?

Could it be the usual suspects or is it certain players ? 🤔

6 hours ago, Flying Dutchman said:

Can I ask why your views on the playing tactics are relevant to the general point here? Genuine question, I cant match it up.

Could you check your private messages please @Flying Dutchman  😀

2 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Which players?

I’d say Godfrey looked pretty sulky yesterday, first twenty minutes he barely looked interested

Edited by Dr Greenthumb

Nobody likes losing (except for that Lake District bloke). Players are no different. I’d imagine morale is low and trusting the same process that the manager implements would get harder with each defeat.

Add in the fact he likes to alienate players and fall out with them, the lads must be weary of how he operates.

Is Duncan having a bad day?

No need to be dramatic yet. Farke simply expects players to be committed for the yellow shirt and show it in training and on match day. We don't see what he see's every day. In his words it doesn't matter who you are, how well you played last month or last year or how many clubs are in for you. Show him what he needs to see now and you'll be playing. quite simple

Can you imagine anyone taking their eye off the ball with Roy Keane and playing on match day. He was a winner pure and simple some people ego's are too big to handle being criticised and so they go away and sulk. Others roll their sleeves up. Are Buendia and Cantwell sulkers or grafters? you decide 

I would be the first to jump on a managers back if I thought they were useless and too be honest I can't remember too many that have inspired me over the years. I would play for Roy Keane defo and Farke to

13 hours ago, hampton canary said:

I believe he may well have lost the support of a number of players who are not happy with his style of play.

I have not seen any real passion from the team for a long period. 

I personally don't like zonal marking, slowly playing it out from the back, sideways and backwards passing, not leaving a player up for opposition corners, and not playing two up front, especially at home.

I might have got it wrong, but this doesn't look like a side fighting for the club.

I spoke to one of the players I know ( social distancing more than applied ) and he reckoned you are talking s***.

From my tour around Carrow Road it's pretty hard to loose the dressing room. You walk through the main doors, take a left turn and there it is.

Edited by Iwans Big Toe

17 hours ago, Duncan Edwards said:

I do feel that he may have lost the dressing room. He has no plan B and always makes substitutions too late which shows his game management is poor and tactically naive. We've now got one win in 16 matches and that has to mean his time is nigh, some might argue that it's only one defeat in 17 in the Championship but that's stupid, you can't use statistics from a different season and a different squad to try and manipulate them to suit your agenda. 

His mismanagement of Todd and Emi cost us three points and stifled all creativity, a blind man could have seen that and what sort of message does it give to the fans when he slates our best players in public? Cutting his nose off to spite his face and putting his ego before what is best for the team, you don't win anything with your best players banished to the reserves. Even Lambert realised that and quickly brought Wes and The Doc back into the fold. He would never have left his best players out to send them a message. I've heard some people say that dropping Todd doesn't just send him a message but is a clear indicator to the other young players how important it is to stay grounded, not believe your own hype or have your head turned by gossip or agents whispers, I just think that it tells the youngsters that there's no point playing for Norwich and they'll all look to leave. 

Then there is his love affair with Kenny and Rupp while Trybull, Leitner and Vrancic are left to rot. Einstein couldn't explain that theory. Some idiots think that Kenny and Rupp get a raw deal because when things were going abysmally last season that they never hid and kept showing for the ball, taking it in difficult positions and trying their utmost when perhaps some had let their heads drop but that's codswallop. They're rubbish. The limited Trybull, desperately slow Leitner and not mobile enough Vrancic would be much better than this pair in a role that they're totally unsuited to. Just further shows the inflexibility of Farke tactically. 

The most obvious change is that Delia is clearly back at the helm. Always happens, little bit of success when they get lucky with a Worthington, Lambert, McNally, Neil, Webber, Farke or whatever and she just can't stay in the background, always has to be back to the front and centre and invariably it ends in disaster. She can't keep getting lucky. Look how many times we've been regulated? 

And where does all the money go? Somebody aid that we won't spend 30 million this decade and others agreed with them. SO the question remains, all these transfer fees and parachute payments, where does the money go if we aren't spending it? Eh? EH?

I won't be setting foot in Carrow Road for a good while unless something changes. 

Spot on with your point about Kenny Mclean & Lukas Rupp, although I think Rupp could improve. There is no hope for Mclean dont create or score goals and cant tackle.

32 minutes ago, simmo_2 said:

Spot on with your point about Kenny Mclean & Lukas Rupp, although I think Rupp could improve. There is no hope for Mclean dont create or score goals and cant tackle.

tenor.gif

• Haha 3

18 hours ago, Duncan Edwards said:

His mismanagement of Todd and Emi cost us three points and stifled all creativity, a blind man could have seen that and what sort of message does it give to the fans when he slates our best players in public? Cutting his nose off to spite his face and putting his ego before what is best for the team, you don't win anything with your best players banished to the reserves. Even Lambert realised that and quickly brought Wes and The Doc back into the fold. He would never have left his best players out to send them a message. I've heard some people say that dropping Todd doesn't just send him a message but is a clear indicator to the other young players how important it is to stay grounded, not believe your own hype or have your head turned by gossip or agents whispers, I just think that it tells the youngsters that there's no point playing for Norwich and they'll all look to leave. 

Then there is his love affair with Kenny and Rupp while Trybull, Leitner and Vrancic are left to rot. Einstein couldn't explain that theory. Some idiots think that Kenny and Rupp get a raw deal because when things were going abysmally last season that they never hid and kept showing for the ball, taking it in difficult positions and trying their utmost when perhaps some had let their heads drop but that's codswallop. They're rubbish. The limited Trybull, desperately slow Leitner and not mobile enough Vrancic would be much better than this pair in a role that they're totally unsuited to. Just further shows the inflexibility of Farke tactically. 

The most obvious change is that Delia is clearly back at the helm. Always happens, little bit of success when they get lucky with a Worthington, Lambert, McNally, Neil, Webber, Farke or whatever and she just can't stay in the background, always has to be back to the front and centre and invariably it ends in disaster. She can't keep getting lucky. Look how many times we've been regulated? 

And where does all the money go? Somebody aid that we won't spend 30 million this decade and others agreed with them. SO the question remains, all these transfer fees and parachute payments, where does the money go if we aren't spending it? Eh? EH?

I think you might want to take another look at this sentence as it implies you are describing yourself as "stupid":

"We've now got one win in 16 matches and that has to mean his time is nigh, some might argue that it's only one defeat in 17 in the Championship but that's stupid, you can't use statistics from a different season and a different squad to try and manipulate them to suit your agenda." 

You describe people as stupid for using stats from different seasons, yet that is precisely what you are doing in the first part of the sentence when you say "we've now got one win in 16 matches". THIS season's stats are 1 win, 1 draw and 1 defeat in 3 matches. Oh dear!

18 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Will it show that £30million sloshing around in the transfer budget you were talking about yesterday sgncfc ? 🤔

Yes 'it' will. That's how accountancy works. Unless of course you think there is a huge conspiracy involving the Board, senior employees and a reputable local firm of accountants 

Although I do enjoy the troll-trolling from Duncan, I have to feel a bit sorry for the genuine posters who think he's seriously complaining and then take time out of their day trying to argue with him. But less so posters like simmo who end up inadvertently agreeing with a troll...

44 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Yes 'it' will. That's how accountancy works. Unless of course you think there is a huge conspiracy involving the Board, senior employees and a reputable local firm of accountants 

So you also think there will be a £30m surplus shown in the accounts ? I am not suggesting a conspiracy at all but the thought that some think there is a huge transfer budget just sitting there waiting to be spent is in my book pie in the sky.

8 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

So you also think there will be a £30m surplus shown in the accounts ? I am not suggesting a conspiracy at all but the thought that some think there is a huge transfer budget just sitting there waiting to be spent is in my book pie in the sky.

I mean we're surely not going to get all this money up front are we? So from that point of view you're probably right Til

1 hour ago, horsefly said:

I think you might want to take another look at this sentence as it implies you are describing yourself as "stupid":

"We've now got one win in 16 matches and that has to mean his time is nigh, some might argue that it's only one defeat in 17 in the Championship but that's stupid, you can't use statistics from a different season and a different squad to try and manipulate them to suit your agenda." 

You describe people as stupid for using stats from different seasons, yet that is precisely what you are doing in the first part of the sentence when you say "we've now got one win in 16 matches". THIS season's stats are 1 win, 1 draw and 1 defeat in 3 matches. Oh dear!

I think people need to realise that from time to time Duncan posts these "tongue in cheek" rants that I believe are supposed to sarcastically mimic the more common moans from elements of our support. What is ironic, however, is that whereas when he first started they were so outlandish that you could easily tell he was being sarcastic, the rants are now getting closer and closer to the truth so that now many fans can;t tell he's being sarcastic! Perhaps thats a good way of judging the extent of our genuine problems at the club!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

I assume they will show a smaller profit than expected.  The club saidwewere  budgetting for a £16mprofit but covid cost usabout  £8m so we can perhaps expect the profits  to  be halved. by my calculations, no fans this season will probably cost us around £14m-£15m so I think we can probably expect one extra player sale to cover that (most likely Cantwell if there is a buyer).