Sign in to follow this  
hampton canary

Has Farke lost the dressing room?

I believe he may well have lost the support of a number of players who are not happy with his style of play.

I have not seen any real passion from the team for a long period. 

I personally don't like zonal marking, slowly playing it out from the back, sideways and backwards passing, not leaving a player up for opposition corners, and not playing two up front, especially at home.

I might have got it wrong, but this doesn't look like a side fighting for the club.

Problem is we have brought in lots of hungry new players who are clearly happy to play for the club and who want to get stuck in and have something to prove

But then you get players like Cantwell who have tasted life in the top divison, want more of it and top divison clubs are making it blatent they want to buy them 24/7 doesnt help their mindsets

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

26 minutes ago, hampton canary said:

I believe he may well have lost the support of a number of players who are not happy with his style of play.

I personally don't like zonal marking, slowly playing it out from the back, sideways and backwards passing, not leaving a player up for opposition corners, and not playing two up front, especially at home.

I might have got it wrong, but this doesn't look like a side fighting for the club.

Is that because you've not actually watched us play?

• Like 2

He might not have lost the dressing room but he is fast losing the fans 

the clock is ticking, the return of Chris Hughton is now just a matter of time 

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, hampton canary said:

Can I ask why your views on the playing tactics are relevant to the general point here? Genuine question, I cant match it up.

Luckily I am a season ticket holder and have been watching us play for the 50 years. I have seen Norwich sides not play for Worthington and Roeder in the past, and I am still think some of the current squad are not behind Farke. We have played average football so far in the first three games, perhaps some supporters are happy with that.

1 minute ago, Flying Dutchman said:

Can I ask why your views on the playing tactics are relevant to the general point here? Genuine question, I cant match it up.

I am suggesting that some of the current players don't like some of the tactics I have mentioned, hence they are not giving 100% for the manager.

7 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

He might not have lost the dressing room but he is fast losing the fans

Trouble is, he doesn't know it. I booed everytime the cameras went on him yesterday but he couldn't hear me.

• Haha 7

1 minute ago, lappinitup said:

Trouble is, he doesn't know it. I booed everytime the cameras went on him yesterday but he couldn't hear me.

We obviously need to crowd fund a banner to fly over the ground. 😀

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, hampton canary said:

Well said, farke is to one dimensional with his style of play 4-2-3-1 its not working for us there is no support upfront  we need a plan B How much longer can he be manager .get rid of him now 

Except we played 4-1-4-1 yesterday with two pacey wingers. Totally different formation. 

• Like 2

I'm not sure if players having their heads turned is the same as the manager losing the dressing room to be honest.  Clearly something was wrong after the restart last year but I don't think it was lack of effort, it was lack of quality and confidence.  The players simply were not good enough.

• Like 1

No, he hadn't or else player power would have won the day and Cantwell and Buendia would have played.

But having drawn that line in the sand, he needs to back it up on the training ground this week and tell those two they will be performing or else.

We don't know exactly what has happened, we lost yesterday but you cannot blame players who weren't on the pitch. 

I don't think that the team has the togetherness that they had 2 seasons ago. 

The treatment of some of the players has been particularly cruel. What did Tom Trybull do to justify his expulsion? 

He had not long signed a new contract, a few below par performances(when nobody was playing well) and he has no squad number and no way back. Same for Leitner and Drmic. It seems an insult to not give squad numbers to players when we have given them to incoming players who we've immediately loaned back out. 

These incoming players must have been looking forward to playing for Norwich but now find themselves loaned back out and struggling for game time. 

It makes you wonder what the current squad think and whether there is a fear factor. 

The transfer deadline is usually before the start of the season, the overlap this season has done us no favours. 

8 minutes ago, Michael Wynless Jones said:

It's still under the main stand isn't it?..... 

I've said it before and I'll say it again - things started to go wrong the moment we removed the pink paint from the away dressing room......................

Losing the dressing room is usually the last act from players to get shot of a manager. We are nowhere near that territory.

As mentioned, how long the fans stay patient if things don't meet expectations is another matter.

I do feel that he may have lost the dressing room. He has no plan B and always makes substitutions too late which shows his game management is poor and tactically naive. We've now got one win in 16 matches and that has to mean his time is nigh, some might argue that it's only one defeat in 17 in the Championship but that's stupid, you can't use statistics from a different season and a different squad to try and manipulate them to suit your agenda. 

His mismanagement of Todd and Emi cost us three points and stifled all creativity, a blind man could have seen that and what sort of message does it give to the fans when he slates our best players in public? Cutting his nose off to spite his face and putting his ego before what is best for the team, you don't win anything with your best players banished to the reserves. Even Lambert realised that and quickly brought Wes and The Doc back into the fold. He would never have left his best players out to send them a message. I've heard some people say that dropping Todd doesn't just send him a message but is a clear indicator to the other young players how important it is to stay grounded, not believe your own hype or have your head turned by gossip or agents whispers, I just think that it tells the youngsters that there's no point playing for Norwich and they'll all look to leave. 

Then there is his love affair with Kenny and Rupp while Trybull, Leitner and Vrancic are left to rot. Einstein couldn't explain that theory. Some idiots think that Kenny and Rupp get a raw deal because when things were going abysmally last season that they never hid and kept showing for the ball, taking it in difficult positions and trying their utmost when perhaps some had let their heads drop but that's codswallop. They're rubbish. The limited Trybull, desperately slow Leitner and not mobile enough Vrancic would be much better than this pair in a role that they're totally unsuited to. Just further shows the inflexibility of Farke tactically. 

The most obvious change is that Delia is clearly back at the helm. Always happens, little bit of success when they get lucky with a Worthington, Lambert, McNally, Neil, Webber, Farke or whatever and she just can't stay in the background, always has to be back to the front and centre and invariably it ends in disaster. She can't keep getting lucky. Look how many times we've been regulated? 

And where does all the money go? Somebody aid that we won't spend 30 million this decade and others agreed with them. SO the question remains, all these transfer fees and parachute payments, where does the money go if we aren't spending it? Eh? EH?

I won't be setting foot in Carrow Road for a good while unless something changes. 

• Haha 4

No. It actually wasn't a bad performance yesterday either in terms of effort, just didn't click in terms of chances, zero signs of a squad unhappy. Has he lost Emi and Cantwell, no, not him personally more us as a club as a whole. Its nothing to do with Farke as to suggest that would indicate that they would both want to stay if he went, which isn't true.

29 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

I do feel that he may have lost the dressing room. He has no plan B and always makes substitutions too late which shows his game management is poor and tactically naive. We've now got one win in 16 matches and that has to mean his time is nigh, some might argue that it's only one defeat in 17 in the Championship but that's stupid, you can't use statistics from a different season and a different squad to try and manipulate them to suit your agenda. 

His mismanagement of Todd and Emi cost us three points and stifled all creativity, a blind man could have seen that and what sort of message does it give to the fans when he slates our best players in public? Cutting his nose off to spite his face and putting his ego before what is best for the team, you don't win anything with your best players banished to the reserves. Even Lambert realised that and quickly brought Wes and The Doc back into the fold. He would never have left his best players out to send them a message. I've heard some people say that dropping Todd doesn't just send him a message but is a clear indicator to the other young players how important it is to stay grounded, not believe your own hype or have your head turned by gossip or agents whispers, I just think that it tells the youngsters that there's no point playing for Norwich and they'll all look to leave. 

Then there is his love affair with Kenny and Rupp while Trybull, Leitner and Vrancic are left to rot. Einstein couldn't explain that theory. Some idiots think that Kenny and Rupp get a raw deal because when things were going abysmally last season that they never hid and kept showing for the ball, taking it in difficult positions and trying their utmost when perhaps some had let their heads drop but that's codswallop. They're rubbish. The limited Trybull, desperately slow Leitner and not mobile enough Vrancic would be much better than this pair in a role that they're totally unsuited to. Just further shows the inflexibility of Farke tactically. 

The most obvious change is that Delia is clearly back at the helm. Always happens, little bit of success when they get lucky with a Worthington, Lambert, McNally, Neil, Webber, Farke or whatever and she just can't stay in the background, always has to be back to the front and centre and invariably it ends in disaster. She can't keep getting lucky. Look how many times we've been regulated? 

And where does all the money go? Somebody aid that we won't spend 30 million this decade and others agreed with them. SO the question remains, all these transfer fees and parachute payments, where does the money go if we aren't spending it? Eh? EH?

I won't be setting foot in Carrow Road for a good while unless something changes. 

Not one of your better efforts Duncan.

1 hour ago, Duncan Edwards said:

I admire you for that, Duncan. Many posters whinge ad infinitum but don't follow through with prinicpled action, or inaction, as in this case. Bravo!

Edited by PurpleCanary
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Well, you could look at the accounts if you want to know where the money goes. It's not that hard.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

Well, you could look at the accounts if you want to know where the money goes. It's not that hard.

Will it show that £30million sloshing around in the transfer budget you were talking about yesterday sgncfc ? 🤔