Sign in to follow this  
East Rider

Move Pukki?

Didn't think he had a great game today and with the amount of crosses we had (which he met very few if any) plus with something like 60% possession we should be getting a better return in regards to chances etc.

Personally I think we should change our set up and drop one of Hernandez or Placheta, move TP away from the centre and start Idah or Pugill.

Take the pressure off TP, put in a bit more directness and see how it goes.

Vrancic did well with the time he had I felt. 

Who'd be a manager eh?

• Like 1

I saw previously that Buendia and Pukki were purchased to compliment each other. Not surprising that when Buendia isn't playing Pukki's game suffers. 

• Like 1

Pukki initially started behind Jordan Rhodes in more of a no. 10 role. Maybe we change him to that again. Either way, if we are going to start putting the crosses in then Hugill has to play down the middle, not Pukki. Continue as we did today then Norwich 0 will become a familiar scoreline.

55 minutes ago, East Rider said:

Vrancic did well with the time he had I felt. 

Looked like he'd retired 4 years ago and had put his boots on to play a charity game, no pace or athleticism left whatsoever. 

Sorry to say, as we need a player like that and I hope we can bring one in. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

30 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Looked like he'd retired 4 years ago and had put his boots on to play a charity game, no pace or athleticism left whatsoever. 

Sorry to say, as we need a player like that and I hope we can bring one in. 

Where was Pirlo's pace? or Crooky's or David Fox's? or numerous other midfielders who were technically fantastic with great vision and passing range, but lacking in pace and strength?

Nobody else in our entire squad can pick out the range of passes that Vrancic can, nobody else (maybe bar Emi) has the vision to find the runs that players like Pukki will make and give him the correct ball, and these are both things we've utterly missed from the middle of the park for too long and it shows in our play.

Give Vrancic a run of games instead of the ineffective McLean, give Stiepermann another chance behind Pukki and see what happens, because what we have done for the past year just hasn't worked, it isn't working this season, and we need to make changes ASAP rather than sticking with what's already been proven to not work.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Indy_Bones said:

Give Vrancic a run of games instead of the ineffective McLean

I agree that Rupp should keep his place as the box-to-box after a decent performance and somebody else should get a chance at number 10, whether that's Cantwell coming back in, Vrancic, Stiepermann or Leitner, any of those please as McLean isn't good enough for that role. 

Pukki in the hole behind Idah is also one I would be interested in seeing, give Pukki a free role and get him on the ball a bit more. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten