Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

*****The Official Nappy Crappers thread*****

Ralf rangnick, Arsene Wenger all available all would do miles better job that farke

the list would be very very extensive 

remember Farke is on the worst losing run in clubs history even the mighty Chris Hughton was a better manager and more successful 

And finally and may I humbly suggest the messiah was much more successful in terms of promotions and staying in the premier league 

even Alex Neil was a better manager

Still too early to start to divide the forum!

We certainly played well enough in parts, but certainly never created clear cut chances.

As far as I’m concerned still too early to slate Farke and if he is dealing with players who believe they should be elsewhere then it’s not great.

We’re still carrying this premiership hangover with being transfixed on not losing rather than playing our game of high press and quick passing when possession. But when 80% of the starting line up is made up of that losing mentality it’s hard to get them to change to positive mindset.

A good win over Derby is what’s needed  then to get the squad settled with selling those who don’t want to be here, loaning any disruptive players who don’t want to play and have the international break to reset. Knowing when we get back the squads done as the transfer windows closed and we can judge where we are.

Re adjustments have to be made, let’s see where we are and how we’re playing come November.

Edited by Indy

1 hour ago, lappinitup said:

Who do you think would be more competent than someone who won this league the last time we were here Fred? Let's have some names.

47 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

Ok here is one Sir Alex Ferguson 

Just one?

And there was me thinking you were a connoisseur when it came to names. 😁

1 hour ago, Uncle Fred said:

Ralf rangnick, Arsene Wenger all available all would do miles better job that farke

remember Farke is on the worst losing run in clubs history even the mighty Chris Hughton was a better manager and more successful 

This guy is just an epic troll having a laugh yeah? 

Holy **** I can't believe there are some of the more reasoned posters on this thread appearing to suggest Farke should go? Really?

Using last season's form to extrapolate this year's is completely pointless IMO and frankly sucks. We've already shaken the monkey off our back with the 1-0 Huddersfield win. 

We're now on the cusp of losing our two most creative players and potentially 2/3 of our best defenders. We have signed ELEVEN new players all to bed in and adapt to Farke's style (remember Vrancic, Buendia, Steipermann, Pukki all taking a while to settle?).

Clearly then, this season is an entirely different set of circumstances and there is no point in comparing. Other than, of course, stirring up your unnecessary negativity. I was one of our staunchest critics of the post-lockdown performances but that's been and gone now, surely you all can see that? Those performances were under a unique and never before seen situation, I don't think we'd have ended the season like that had it never happened - at all. Everyone deserves a fresh slate.

We've already had a late winner at Huddersfield, followed by two equalisers against Preston (one coming in the last few minutes). Does that sound like the same team as last season? 

We showed good desire and technique today, was probably the most impressive display in many ways. I think on the evidence of that match both sides are going to be in and around the top 6. Have some patience people!

Jeez when I saw the title I wasn't expecting so much actual nappy crapping.

Edited by Hank shoots Skyler

3 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Holy **** I can't believe there are some of the more reasoned posters on this thread appearing to suggest Farke should go? Really?

Using last season's form to extrapolate this year's is completely pointless IMO and frankly sucks. We've already shaken the monkey off our backs with the 1-0 Huddersfield win. 

We're now on the cusp of losing our two most creative players and potentially 2/3 of our best defenders. We have signed ELEVEN new players all to bed in and adapt to Farke's style (remember Vrancic, Buendia, Steipermann, Pukki all taking a while to settle?).

Clearly then, this season is an entirely different set of circumstances and there is no point in comparing. Other than, of course, stirring up your unnecessary negativity. I was one of our staunchest critics of the post-lockdown performances but that's been and gone now, surely you all can see that? 

We've already late winner at Huddersfield, followed by two equalisers against Preston (one coming in the last few minutes). Does that sound like the same team as last season? 

We showed good desire and technique today, was probably the most impressive display in many way. I think on the evidence of that match both sides are going to be in and around the top 6. 

Jeez when I saw the title I wasn't expecting so much actual nappy crapping. Have some patience people!

You clearly weren’t a supporter last season when an abundance of patience was shown 

the time for patience is over and is now a time for delivery 

Just now, Uncle Fred said:

You clearly weren’t a supporter last season when an abundance of patience was shown 

the time for patience is over and is now a time for delivery 

All will be clearer in time, but thankfully I'm sure Webber won't be pulling the trigger anytime too soon. We've got to give it at least 10-12 games IMO. 

Perhaps even 10-12 games after the transfer window closes next month - when the squad can no longer be disrupted like it is now. 

23 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Using last season's form to extrapolate this year's is completely pointless IMO and frankly sucks. We've already shaken the monkey off our back with the 1-0 Huddersfield win. 

Clearly then, this season is an entirely different set of circumstances and there is no point in comparing. Other than, of course, stirring up your unnecessary negativity. I was one of our staunchest critics of the post-lockdown performances but that's been and gone now, surely you all can see that? Those performances were under a unique and never before seen situation, I don't think we'd have ended the season like that had it never happened - at all. Everyone deserves a fresh slate.

We've already had a late winner at Huddersfield, followed by two equalisers against Preston (one coming in the last few minutes). Does that sound like the same team as last season? 

We showed good desire and technique today, was probably the most impressive display in many ways. I think on the evidence of that match both sides are going to be in and around the top 6. Have some patience people!

Jeez when I saw the title I wasn't expecting so much actual nappy crapping.

Don’t want to dampen your enthusiasm but we’ve loaned out six of those signed....ones long term injured too.....so losing two of our best players could kill this season, we hope Buendia gets replaced, but it’ll probably be Pritchard as a lest minute signing.

But agree with your sentiment.

Edited by Indy

This is Farke's 4th season at the club. Two of those seasons were dire, including city's worst ever performance in the premiership, 21 points and 6th worst in premiership history. One promotion, which you can't take away, but did the stars all line up that season. And the current season, although only three games old, isn't setting the league alight. 

As it's already been said, 17 defeats is sacking stats. 

1 hour ago, City fan said:

This is Farke's 4th season at the club. Two of those seasons were dire, including city's worst ever performance in the premiership, 21 points and 6th worst in premiership history. One promotion, which you can't take away, but did the stars all line up that season. And the current season, although only three games old, isn't setting the league alight. 

As it's already been said, 17 defeats is sacking stats. 

🤣

First season, a complete change of backroom personnel, numerous new players and a complete change in playing philosophy. A transitional season with a respectable mid table finish.

Second season, quite simply the best, most entertaining season I have witnessed as a city fan. All promotions and league winners will need a little luck, but to insinuate we were lucky to win a 46 game league is an insult to the work done by all at the club. All too often recently I’ve seen people (I won’t call them fans) say we were lucky that season and it was a complete fluke. Hang your heads in shame.

PL season, lack of decent recruitment with little to no options for a plan B. Neil was highly criticised for abandoning his philosophy mid season (though mainly because it failed) yet Farke is highly criticised for maintaining his. A very disappointing season, and embarrassing at times, but very little down to Farke. Equip him with somewhere closer to the personnel needed to stay up, scrap VAR and eradicate Coronavirus and then he could be judged more fairly. As it was, he showed naivety and a little too much stubbornness in his approach. He’s learning and unlike far too many city supporters, I’m happy the board are showing patience.

This season, you’ve summed it up, only 3 games in. Some responses are pathetic. Where were we 3 games in 2 years ago? Ahh that’s it, with loads of people saying he was out of his depth. This season may well turn out differently, we have lots to change, the signings need time, confidence needs to grow. Farke may not be able to steady the ship but 3 games in is no time to judge or make decisions on his future. Is a nonsense to include the end of last seasons results as a reason to sack him. The fact is, the club have shown faith in him for this season to therefore have involvement with recruitment and then setup strategy and philosophy for the season ahead. To sack him after 3 games would be madness, particularly remembering the start of our 18-19 season.

We did play quite well today but lacked incisiveness. If we're going to play two pacy wingers I would like to see more commitment to getting behind defences, they need to be encouraged to take on their full-backs. We too often play in front of the oppos defence and without the likes of Buendia and Cantwell struggle for the killer pass to unlock defences. If we do lose Buendia and Cantwell and continue to play a similar set-up it's difficult to imagine we will be competing at the top of the league.

11 hours ago, Uncle Fred said:

So the win at Huddersfield didn't count?