Sign in to follow this  
The Great Mass Debater

Farke on Cantwell

Didn't Farke come out publicly about the attitude and commitment of Idah but he still put him in the squad not that long ago

Edited by Grumpy

4 minutes ago, Teemu’s right foot said:

Surely the fault lies with the players if their attitude stinks and the manager is right to call them out on it? They are handsomely paid by the club and full commitment is the least that should be expected from them? Aaron’s is a shining example of this, he’s been heavily linked to Barca, Bayern, Ac Milan and Roma this week but gives everything today and gets the managers praise for it. Cantwell on the other hand appears to have downed tools for a newly promoted team. Massive clue on the characters of both players there and it’s just one example why one is linked to Europe’s top clubs and the other Leeds 

Out of likes, have this instead 👍

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

Why does Mourinho still get work then?

Beats me 😊

Being serious I guess it’s because managing a top club where throwing a player like Dele Alli under a bus to show the others who’s boss can be easily covered by bringing in Son or Mora. With respect to our fringe players I don’t see we have those sort of options. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, king canary said:

Not a huge fan of Fake digging out players publicly all the time. The entire team scored a sum total of four league goals goal in the last 13 games, problems run far deeper than Cantwell.

I agree but I think that's missing the point Farke was trying to make which is a combination of not scoring or creating whilst having the attitude or lack of effort in training wont be accepted.

Its basically Farke saying look, if you've just scored 5 in 5 games and you're a little lapse in training you might get away with it. But otherwise, work like the rest of the squad.

I dont personally agree with publicly coming out against Todd and Emi but in the past its worked for Farke and I think the whole atmosphere and culture within the club demands this now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Il Pirata said:

"I love this player but last league goal was a long time ago and last assist was 40 games ago," 

Isn't that most of our players? 

20 minutes ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

Oliveira, Watkins, Edwards, Roberts - all examples of players who couldnt get a look in because of their attitude allegedly

I mean, come on! Nothing alleged about that, we all witnessed it.

1 hour ago, sonyc said:

Will we see Cantwell play again? It's a question that's been going in in the background of my post match reflection. 

Sounds a mentally complex situation. 

11 minutes ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

Please elaborate

"Josh was not professional in his preparation for the Middlesbrough game." is a polite but accurate description of what he got up to when he met up with his brother.

"“We spoke about it on Wednesday. He seems to be really reflective and he apologised in front of the group. He has learnt this message and understands it."

https://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city/canaries-boss-farke-warns-murphy-to-up-his-game-1-5216278

49 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

As soon as he started on social Media " all this well done Bro " And look at me stuff i knew it would not end well 

Probably doesn't help also that he looked up to Maddison when he was here, and see's Maddison being a narcissist on Instagram as well.

Also won't help that his best friend in football has just moved to Newcastle.

• Like 1

Leeds are in advanced talks to sign Michael Cuisance from Bayern for 20m euros according to Twitter. Can't see Cantwell going there now especially if we hold out for £20m.

Todd will probably be in the U23s with Leitner and Drmic. Shambles really.

1 hour ago, norfolkngood said:

As soon as he started on social Media " all this well done Bro " And look at me stuff i knew it would not end well 

You are one of those posters hogesar must have been talking about on the Cantwell omitted from the squad thread who cannot understand ' general youngster lifestyles ' these days. 😜

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

I wonder if perhaps some of us are making a mountain out of a molehill over today’s surprise omissions, myself guilty of this as much as anyone.

https://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/bournemouth-0-norwich-1-farke-reaction-1-6858121

Depends if we miss out on going up by 3 points todays selection could be massive 

We might not of won today with these two players but you have to play your strongest team to give yourself every chance 

Todd managed to stand out last year, in a team that was sub-par but also played specifically in an attacking passing style that accentuated his best assets; he did score 6 goals, yes, but 4 of those IIRC were fish-in-a-barrel moments and one of them (arguably the most well known) against City didn't even have a keeper to face.

Like the Murphy twins, I'm sure when he does get his move that he will learn that life outside the progressive walls of Colney isn't quite so comfortable and actually fans & media expect a lot more of you when their team has dropped £20 million on you to perform. 

Buendia is a different thing altogether for me, as even the club official socials were making a big point of Emi being back in contention for this game along with his heavily featuring in media for the new kit. I wonder if a few noses have been put out of joint that little Max has been courted by Barcelona.

• Like 1

I respect the stance farka has took on these two players , it probably will decrease their transfer values thou , but if both think their too good and big for this club then lets get shot of them.😄

9 minutes ago, Canary dwarf said:

I respect the stance farka has took on these two players , it probably will decrease their transfer values thou , but if both think their too good and big for this club then lets get shot of them.😄

So rather than expect our highly paid manager to resolve a complex situation we just chuck away £40 million? 

No player is bigger than the club and it could be that they have to be sold if there is no other way but this is a very risky and public  way of managing it. I hope it works out well in the end otherwise we could be facing a disruptive start to the season.

2 minutes ago, Hairy Canary said:

So rather than expect our highly paid manager to resolve a complex situation we just chuck away £40 million? 

No player is bigger than the club and it could be that they have to be sold if there is no other way but this is a very risky and public  way of managing it. I hope it works out well in the end otherwise we could be facing a disruptive start to the season.

It's asking a lot for our manager to resolve a very difficult situation , they obviously both want out and yes it will be disruptive ,but what's the answer ?😂

I'm so disappointed with Cantwell and Buendia right now. Both come across as spoilt brats. Cantwell really is quite overrated to me. Buendia needs to play in a more technical league. Here, he'll get bashed about on a cold wet evening at Luton and Wycombe.

2 hours ago, norfolkngood said:

Having watched Cantwell Play Football since he was 12/13 years old 

He is always been Spoilt and heaped with Praise 

"He is going to be Norwich's next big thing you would hear everywhere at Colney "

it would effect most Young men ,

but this was the club his club that gave him his Big chance Show some Loyalyty !

He Needs to Concentrate on his football 

As for Farke digging Him out in Public though thats not good ,

Did Farke ever say Pukki you having been missing to many chances in Public ? 

Re: Pukki, yes I believe he has, on at least one or two occasions last season. So that shows consistency in his methods, at the very least.

Edited by Orly

Just now, Canary dwarf said:

It's asking a lot for our manager to resolve a very difficult situation , they obviously both want out and yes it will be disruptive ,but what's the answer ?😂

I wish I knew but for certain this looks to have burnt any bridges. You have to leave a way back if at all possible. What if they don’t get sold now in this transfer window. What are we going to do, leave them out of the squad for weeks, like we did with Leitner?

Jack Grealish is a perfect example of club Loyalty, yes there still Premier league but there has been options yet he signs a new contract

Let’s be brutally honest, the poorest performing employee of NCFC this calendar year has been Farke himself.

His stock must have fallen amongst the squad with his team selections, tactics and use of substitutes, providing far more questions than answers.

His comments, justified or not, show a manager feeling the pressure.

6 minutes ago, Hairy Canary said:

I wish I knew but for certain this looks to have burnt any bridges. You have to leave a way back if at all possible. What if they don’t get sold now in this transfer window. What are we going to do, leave them out of the squad for weeks, like we did with Leitner?

Their is always the chance they will knuckle down in training and give 100 percent and get back in the team , but it's not something I would bet on , but if we get a big offer for either then we should get rid .😃

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

You are one of those posters hogesar must have been talking about on the Cantwell omitted from the squad thread who cannot understand ' general youngster lifestyles ' these days. 😜

Must be! Alot of the countries best young players do no different to Todd.