Sign in to follow this  
The Great Mass Debater

Farke on Cantwell

3 minutes ago, king canary said:

Dropping them is fine but how does the public dressing down help? It potentially creates a rift between him and the players and it also doesn't help Webber get the best price for either of them if we are selling.

Its a case of 'me or him'  those 2 players werent in the squad today ...and fans rightfully want to know why,after a loss, the manager hasnt picked 2 of our better players.

Farke had to come out with something like this tonight otherwise fans will be questioning his selection and making rumours.

He's chucked these 2 under the bus ...and I'm quite glad he has. At least we all know why now.....rather than the previous bollox and lies about 'injuries'

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Farke has to be stronger. He should tell the players they are playing and they will perform or they will be fined two weeks wages.

With respect, don’t agree there, KG.

That’s a dangerous precedent to set when you have other players that perhaps really do enjoy wearing the shirt, and WANT to. It would send a message that irrespective of how hard you train, how hard you work, you’ll never get a game ahead of someone deemed ‘the best‘. Competition in a squad is imperative, and is the basis for a healthy foundation. No player is bigger than the club.

Farke’s right. I suspect we will never see Todd in a yellow shirt again, so I doubt Farke’s concerned about his parting shot upsetting someone’s ego who’s leaving via the back door. If that’s actually the case, then it’s a real shame it’s had to come to this.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Farke has to be stronger. He should tell the players they are playing and they will perform or they will be fined two weeks wages.

Your message yesterday suggested you may have been on the Skinners!    Couldn’t understand it.     I agree with this though!   Can’t expect to win without creativity.    

Trouble is, we didn't win today because of a lack of creativity!  Is that why Farke was so wound up.  He took a gamble and it didn't work out.  I think he's more angry with himself!

37 minutes ago, king canary said:

Not a huge fan of Fake digging out players publicly all the time. The entire team scored a sum total of four league goals goal in the last 13 games, problems run far deeper than Cantwell.

It's not all the time though. I heard the background to the Josh Murphy rebuke and Farke was totally justified.

51 minutes ago, vlad666 said:

That’s no reason to drop him entirely just be honest. The fans would appreciate that more. 

That's a perfectly good reason to drop a player.

Cantwell has to keep standards up or there are many good players in th squad who could replace him. 

It is a ridiculous thing for Farke to say. 

Firstly to qualify goals scored to league games. Didn't Cantwell score 50% of the first team goals between the restart and the end of the season? How many did his strikers score? 

Secondly, can he seriously blame Cantwell if another player misses a chance that Todd set up? He has created chances, for example the miss by Josh Martin at the end of the Man City game. 

It is the job of the manager to motivate the players, this isn't the way to do it. 

I thought the same about his comments on Idah's hat-trick against Preston(only their third choice keeper) 

Cantwell has obviously taken the events of the end of last season to heart, we need the management to be able to deal with these situations for the sake of the club. 

We had a midfield today bereft of creative ideas, and at least two creative players out because of falling out problems. 

It's a sad end to one of our most skilful products, but not surprising because he seems to receive more grief from within his own club. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Trouble is, we didn't win today because of a lack of creativity!  Is that why Farke was so wound up.  He took a gamble and it didn't work out.  I think he's more angry with himself!

The thing is, logic tells me that Todd’s conduct has obviously annoyed Farke in a way that goes beyond a few half hearted penalties in training. And if Todd has responded in a way that Farke won’t tolerate, then there’s absolutely NO way Todd will be in that changing room come match day. It doesn’t matter who you are or what your reputation is. The boss has to be the dominant figure, and sometimes he will have to make decisions that he’d prefer not to - he’s not stupid, he knew he was leaving out a lot of creativity today!

Sir Alex Ferguson famously held no prisoners. Just ask David Beckham and Roy Keane.

1 minute ago, Alex Moss said:

The thing is, logic tells me that Todd’s conduct has obviously annoyed Farke in a way that goes beyond a few half hearted penalties in training. And if Todd has responded in a way that Farke won’t tolerate, then there’s absolutely NO way Todd will be in that changing room come match day. It doesn’t matter who you are or what your reputation is. The boss has to be the dominant figure, and sometimes he will have to make decisions that he’d prefer not to - he’s not stupid, he knew he was leaving out a lot of creativity today!

Sir Alex Ferguson famously held no prisoners. Just ask David Beckham and Roy Keane.

Ferguson soon replaced Beckham with Ronaldo. Let's hope Webber has something or someone up his sleeve.

• Like 1

This is the reason top football managers are paid mega bucks, to manage talented people with large egos and get the best out of them. 

It’s easy to sit on the sidelines and say, drop them, leave them out and let them rot or fine them two weeks wages but in the end that’s not going to achieve what we want which is to see both our talented and creative forward players playing well on the pitch. 

It’s a tough call but personally I think going public is a misjudgement from DF as it gives him very little scope to sort things out in a positive way. Unfortunately I can only see them both being sold, possibly for less than they should be, and that is bad news.

Edited by Hairy Canary

Having watched Cantwell Play Football since he was 12/13 years old 

He is always been Spoilt and heaped with Praise 

"He is going to be Norwich's next big thing you would hear everywhere at Colney "

it would effect most Young men ,

but this was the club his club that gave him his Big chance Show some Loyalyty !

He Needs to Concentrate on his football 

As soon as he started on social Media " all this well done Bro " And look at me stuff i knew it would not end well 

As for Farke digging Him out in Public though thats not good ,

Did Farke ever say Pukki you having been missing to many chances in Public ? 

Edited by norfolkngood

4 minutes ago, curious yellow said:

It is a ridiculous thing for Farke to say. 

Firstly to qualify goals scored to league games. Didn't Cantwell score 50% of the first team goals between the restart and the end of the season? How many did his strikers score? 

Secondly, can he seriously blame Cantwell if another player misses a chance that Todd set up? He has created chances, for example the miss by Josh Martin at the end of the Man City game. 

It is the job of the manager to motivate the players, this isn't the way to do it. 

I thought the same about his comments on Idah's hat-trick against Preston(only their third choice keeper) 

Cantwell has obviously taken the events of the end of last season to heart, we need the management to be able to deal with these situations for the sake of the club. 

We had a midfield today bereft of creative ideas, and at least two creative players out because of falling out problems. 

It's a sad end to one of our most skilful products, but not surprising because he seems to receive more grief from within his own club. 

Top post.

1 hour ago, Branston Pickle said:

He’s spot on.  We have proven this season that players being linked with transfers away can still put in a shift (Aarons); sadly Cantwell and Emi apparently think differently.  It is they who are wrong - they owe the club and fans more.

Or that’s what the club want you to think so they done get grief when the cash in. Ok Cantwell has not been great in the two previous games but in my view this development with Buendia is deeply, deeply unhelpful and horrendous man management. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Cantwell’s supposed to be an NCFC fan - how the hell does he level that with downing tools?  Utterly disgraceful and disrespectful, he should be ashamed...but footballers don’t do shame, do they.

He’s not and never has been. Always used to say he was an Arsenal fan. 

I think you're on a bit of a slippery slope when you publicly criticise players. Not so much the ones that you do, but the ones that you don't. If Farke wants to highlight what a player doesn't do, or hasn't done for a while, there are others he can choose too.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

I wonder if there being no fans in stadiums is giving the players an easier way out

If Farke did pick them in a full stadium and they were visibly not pulling their weight...the manager could just let the fans do the rest...

Now theyre less 

The fans at all grounds is desperately being missed. Players react to the atmosphere generated in positive and negative ways. Even the referees react to crowd atmosphere.  The intensity of the game without fans is almost non exisistent. 

Just now, Capt. Pants said:

I think you're on a bit of a slippery slope when you publicly criticise players. Not so much the ones that you do, but the ones that you don't. If Farke wants to highlight what a player doesn't do, or hasn't done for a while, there are others he can choose too.

The criticism is labelled at their attitude in training this week so he’s in a better position to judge that than anyone on here.

“Because I tell you what, in world football there is just one player who I would allow to stay in cotton wool and on the sofa the whole week then to play on the weekend, who can do whatever he wants, is Lionel Messi, but no other player.

Just now, Capt. Pants said:

Exactly 

i can not remember which Manager It was that said a quote about a Young player

something like 

"He could be Very good ,But i do not want him to hear it to much unless he will turn up at training with a New Range rover and headphones on thinking he has made it " 

might have been Lambert ? when he was here ?

2 minutes ago, Hairy Canary said:

This is the reason top football managers are paid mega bucks, to manage talented people with large egos and get the best out of them. 

It’s easy to sit on the sidelines and say, drop them, leave them out and let them rot or fine them two weeks wages but in the end that’s not going to achieve what we want which is to see both our talented and creative forward players playing well on the pitch. 

It’s a tough call but personally I think going public I s a misjudgement from DF as it gives him very little scope to sort things out in a positive way. Unfortunately I can only see them both being sold, possibly for less than they should be, and that is bad news.

And that’s exactly why I believe things are probably more advanced behind the scenes than us City supporters are aware. In an ideal world, I’d love to see both Todd and Emi firing us back to the PL with a winners medal around their neck in just a few short months, but I think most have us have the gut feeling we won’t be seeing them in a City shirt again. Which would be a real shame as they are both generally much loved players of ours, despite today’s apparent developments.

And to add to that, I wouldn’t mind betting Stuart Webber is right now not only talking to agents of outgoing attacking midfielders, but those that are potentially incoming. No way could I see both Emi and Todd leaving without at least one replacement coming in - we’d be very light in that area otherwise. I trust it’s all in hand anyway so I’m not unduly concerned, the manner in which they *may* depart is the only way that would surprise me, but the actual event  itself is not really a shock to be honest, I think most of us realised we faced an uphill battle to keep them this season.

Without Todd and Emi we are still heavy in numbers but low on quality. There’s a concerning lack of creativity within the squad if you take those 2 out, and Farke seems to prefer industry in picking McLean, Rupp etc. That’s not enough to win the Championship. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Without Todd and Emi we are still heavy in numbers but low on quality. There’s a concerning lack of creativity within the squad if you take those 2 out, and Farke seems to prefer industry in picking McLean, Rupp etc. That’s not enough to win the Championship. 

We would Need to Reinvest a lot of money to replace the Good young players that are outgoing 

That's where i think the wheels are going to come off the Plan 

To get the Quality of Lewis , Godfrey , Aarons ,Cantwell Again is going to be very hard indeed 

Slightly drives a coach and horses through the notion that we would go down to Have a real go and come back stronger though doesn’t it. That said that was always a load of b**locks for the gullible element of our support!

57 minutes ago, Michael Wynless Jones said:

Yes, I think he would he has form in this area, it's his worst trait. 

Oliveira, Watkins, Edwards, Roberts - all examples of players who couldnt get a look in because of their attitude allegedly

I am just really surprised we didn't at least see Emi on the bench. He hasn't had a look in for any of the 4 games and his mere presence on the bench would have been a much needed lift.

He must have really stunk the place out this week!

1 minute ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

Oliveira, Watkins, Edwards, Roberts - all examples of players who couldnt get a look in because of their attitude allegedly

Surely the fault lies with the players if their attitude stinks and the manager is right to call them out on it? They are handsomely paid by the club and full commitment is the least that should be expected from them? Aaron’s is a shining example of this, he’s been heavily linked to Barca, Bayern, Ac Milan and Roma this week but gives everything today and gets the managers praise for it. Cantwell on the other hand appears to have downed tools for a newly promoted team. Massive clue on the characters of both players there and it’s just one example why one is linked to Europe’s top clubs and the other Leeds 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Hairy Canary said:

It’s a tough call but personally I think going public is a misjudgement from DF as it gives him very little scope to sort things out in a positive way. Unfortunately I can only see them both being sold, possibly for less than they should be, and that is bad news.

Why does Mourinho still get work then?