Sign in to follow this  
The Great Mass Debater

Farke on Cantwell

"I love this player but last league goal was a long time ago and last assist was 40 games ago," DF says of Cantwell. "You have to show you are switched on and fully focused."

If he has really said that then my eyebrows are rather raised

4 minutes ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

You have to show you are switched on and fully focused."

I think this is the main point

• Like 2

I also think he's fed up with the transfer window still being open. It won't be after the Derby game & International break. 

He’s spot on.  We have proven this season that players being linked with transfers away can still put in a shift (Aarons); sadly Cantwell and Emi apparently think differently.  It is they who are wrong - they owe the club and fans more.

Edited by Branston Pickle
  • Like 7

No whay back for him now. 

Farke knows the other players have no bether statistic (he scores in the cup agsinst Man U) , this is youst a excuse to sell. 

I think Cantwell wants to go and Norwich wants to sell

11 minutes ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

"I love this player but last league goal was a long time ago and last assist was 40 games ago," DF says of Cantwell. "You have to show you are switched on and fully focused."

If he has really said that then my eyebrows are rather raised

"I love this player but last league goal was a long time ago and last assist was 40 games ago,"  Which is exactly why £15 million is a cracking price for Cantwell

"You have to show you are switched on and fully focused." And why he needs to be sold asap. Very disappointing attitude from Cantwell. 

Honestly, no great loss. Massively overrated player. 

Edited by Il Pirata
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Branston Pickle said:

He’s spot on.  We have proven this season that players being linked with transfers away can still put in a shift (Aarons); sadly Cantwell and Emi apparently think differently.  It is they who are wrong - they owe the club and fans more.

Aarons and Godfrey are undoubtedly going to move on, but for now they play for and work hard for Norwich City and thats how it should be until you get your dream move to Barca or "leeds"?

Not a huge fan of Fake digging out players publicly all the time. The entire team scored a sum total of four league goals goal in the last 13 games, problems run far deeper than Cantwell.

• Like 8

If ,especially when the saw the injury to Dowell and know how much theyre then needed,  Cantwell and Burndia have downed tools, theyre a disgrace.

And then you have Aarons still giving 100% despite interest from Barca

• Like 1

Got to say, I was super impressed with Max today. He knows one bad challenge etc could scupper a move to one of the European clubs, yet he didn’t hold back and was nothing less than fully committed this afternoon. A couple of players have gone down in my high estimation of them however.

Not hard to read between the lines what’s going on there with Todd and Emi. And I’d back the boss every single time. He actually genuinely DOES love our club.

• Like 19

Honestly, no great loss. Massively overrated player. Couldn't agree more lived too much on the local boy theme, hope he fits in better elsewhere but fear he may be another Murphy type sale.

Cantwell’s supposed to be an NCFC fan - how the hell does he level that with downing tools?  Utterly disgraceful and disrespectful, he should be ashamed...but footballers don’t do shame, do they.

Edited by Branston Pickle
  • Sad 1

If they have no desire to wear the yellow shirt, let's get them sold and gone. They will only be causing problems within the group.

Will we see Cantwell play again? It's a question that's been going in in the background of my post match reflection. 

3 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Cantwell’s supposed to be an NCFC fan - how the hell does he level that with downing tools?  Utterly disgraceful and disrespectful, he should be ashamed...but footballers don’t do shame, do they.

I thought that but many say he’s actually an Arsenal fan. 

Ah you are all starting to see what I have been saying for a considerable time, you don’t know the guy personally I know some who do.

he is not a pleasant individual and his colours are starting to come through 

yet again I was right on this character, it’s getting boring how often despite the happy clapping on here I am proven right 

Downing tools. Is there evidence for this?

Cantwell's goals were one of the few hopes for survival we had last season. He had a meteoric rise, and this could well have been a purple patch above base level, but I find that kind of public criticism surprising. We dont know what is going on behind closed doors or how Todd has been, but it's a bit classless from Farke, and not his usual MO. Perhaps more will come out

I’m a massive Buendia fan, infact I’d go as far to say he is up there with my all time favourites. 

but I’m with Farke on this. If neither players head was right, leave them out. He’s been fantastic with young players and I trust him. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, king canary said:

Not a huge fan of Fake digging out players publicly all the time. The entire team scored a sum total of four league goals goal in the last 13 games, problems run far deeper than Cantwell.

100% this. 

4 minutes ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

Downing tools. Is there evidence for this?

Cantwell's goals were one of the few hopes for survival we had last season. He had a meteoric rise, and this could well have been a purple patch above base level, but I find that kind of public criticism surprising. We dont know what is going on behind closed doors or how Todd has been, but it's a bit classless from Farke, and not his usual MO. Perhaps more will come out

That they werent in the 18 today....especially with Dowell out injured is fairly damning evidence

Would Farke cut off his nose to spite his face to that extent?

“I would rather pick the kit man than someone who isn’t switched on”. Can’t see any way back from this. 

1 minute ago, keelansgrandad said:

Farke has to be stronger. He should tell the players they are playing and they will perform or they will be fined two weeks wages.

I wonder if there being no fans in stadiums is giving the players an easier way out

If Farke did pick them in a full stadium and they were visibly not pulling their weight...the manager could just let the fans do the rest...

Now theyre less accountable

3 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

That they werent in the 18 today....especially with Dowell out injured is fairly damning evidence

Would Farke cut off his nose to spite his face to that extent?

Dropping them is fine but how does the public dressing down help? It potentially creates a rift between him and the players and it also doesn't help Webber get the best price for either of them if we are selling.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Farke has to be stronger. He should tell the players they are playing and they will perform or they will be fined two weeks wages.

Then we risk lose any bargaining power in the transfer market if they react negatively to being forced into playing (which they probably will). Not to mention the detriment caused to the squad's harmony from having potentially disruptive players in the mix.

Best just to get players who don't want to play for the club, out of the club. 

2 minutes ago, vlad666 said:

“I would rather pick the kit man than someone who isn’t switched on”. Can’t see any way back from this. 

Course there is a way back - the players suck it up and put effort in during training.  Supporters are also very forgiving if they see players giving their all for the shirt (eg Wes).

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

Ah you are all starting to see what I have been saying for a considerable time, you don’t know the guy personally I know some who do.

he is not a pleasant individual and his colours are starting to come through 

yet again I was right on this character, it’s getting boring how often despite the happy clapping on here I am proven right 

He really is giving it the Billy Big Bollox and needs to be grounded but unfortunately that appears beyond even the abilities of the hard, abrasive Webber who views money as the be all and end all.