Sign in to follow this  
GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

Paid the price for a negative team selection

That team was fine 'IF' we took the lead ...go behind and we're scratching around throwing subs on with quarter of an hour to go trying to salvage something.

We basically only gave ourselves a realistic chance of scoring during 15 minutes of that game as opposed to the full 90 had we had been more adventuous in the selection.

With no Dowell Cantwell or Buendia, something else was required than just plug a hole with Rupp

• Like 2

I’ve always wondered with the “straight after a loss” posters does it feel good? Like a release of sorts? It’s a coping mechanism I’m interested in learning more about

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

That team was fine 'IF' we took the lead ...go behind and we're scratching around throwing subs on with quarter of an hour to go trying to salvage something.

We basically only gave ourselves a realistic chance of scoring during 15 minutes of that game as opposed to the full 90 had we had been more adventuous in the selection.

With no Dowell Cantwell or Buendia, something else was required than just plug a hole with Rupp

Just read again what you've just written and you'll see just how stupid it is. If that team was great if we were winning (i.e. could hold on to a win) how did Bournemouth manage to score against them? 

Do you seriously think that Farke and his coaches send out a team to not win?

3 minutes ago, Rabbit hole said:

It makes me feel better, I’ll be honest but will our board?

Have you considered maybe growing up and not being a massive baby?

4 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

We play with 2 wide men all the time

....it was the makeup of the midfield begind that was clearly the problem

DF rarely, if ever, starts 2 wingers. Skipp played well, Rupp had a good game. McLean was shifted & then hooked which is possibly what you mean? Although we lost away to a good side by one goal, it was a decent performance on which to build. McLean may well be benched the next day, hopefully with Emi coming in and Rupp/AN other alongside Skipp. And I also don't think both Onel & Placheta should start. Cantwell if he's still here, maybe have a look at Josh Martin, or perhaps give Mario 70mins. 

9 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

Just read again what you've just written and you'll see just how stupid it is. If that team was great if we were winning (i.e. could hold on to a win) how did Bournemouth manage to score against them? 

Do you seriously think that Farke and his coaches send out a team to not win?

If we go behind we've got no chance of getting back into it by playing the same team and without throwing more and more strikers on in desperation?

Why are we setting up a midfield in the same way as we did away at chelsea last season against bournemouth?

Take Emi and Cantwell out the team and replace them with McClean and Rupp and it is no surprise that we don't look like scoring. 

Skipp played well imo, and offers more from deep than Tettey/Trybull. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

To lose Dowell so soon and for so long is a bitter blow. Of all the signings he was the one I was most excited about. Still as long as Daniel Farke is in charge there's reason for optimism.

With a manager who, to quote, states:

“If you want a coach who just picks a team by potential, or name, or that he has to somehow be grateful that this player plays for Norwich City, I will just pick players who are desperate and willing to work their socks off and know the responsibility to play for this club.” Like RUPP no doubt!

why not not just pick a team that can just win a game DF. Do players really, really have to reach such heights in the daily training schedules carried out during a season? Aren’t we always informed that “match fitness comes from minutes on the pitch”. Get real man. Perhaps a bit more time on coaching the weakest defence we have had over the last two seasons wouldn’t go amiss!

1 hour ago, City 2nd said:

“If you want a coach who just picks a team by potential, or name, or that he has to somehow be grateful that this player plays for Norwich City, I will just pick players who are desperate and willing to work their socks off and know the responsibility to play for this club.” Like RUPP no doubt!

why not not just pick a team that can just win a game DF. Do players really, really have to reach such heights in the daily training schedules carried out during a season? Aren’t we always informed that “match fitness comes from minutes on the pitch”. Get real man. Perhaps a bit more time on coaching the weakest defence we have had over the last two seasons wouldn’t go amiss!

It's hard to judge without knowing exactly what has happened. If they have been giving 50%/disruptive/attitude, then I think he's right not to play them. We are still paying their wages so they should still act professionally, like Aarons. There is no excuse for the players to be giving anything less than 100% and that standard has to be maintained. 

I do, however, disagree with the way that Farke dealt with this situation. I doubt there will be anything positive to come from publicly shaming Cantwell and Buendia - and two of our best players will most probably now be upset.

1 hour ago, City 2nd said:

Silly.

I thought Rupp played well and actually the Rupp/Skipp combination looks like it has some potential.

mcclean as well as Rupp was the issue and although Kenny got a bit better second half when he was pushed further forward he still didn’t do enough for me to justify his selection.

so whilst I would prefer Tettey to either of them I have no problem with Rupp playing but if we are without Dowell, Cantwell and Buendia then we either need to play Stiepermann or go 4-4-2. 

14 hours ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

We play with 2 wide men all the time

....it was the makeup of the midfield begind that was clearly the problem

That comment alone shows that your whining is based on nothing more than being upset. 

You have literally no clue about the game or team you watch. 

Frake has rarely in 3 seasons started with 2 wingers. 

Buendia is not a winger. Cantwell is not a winger. 

This is why this forum is so poor. To many of the regulars don't know what the **** they are talking about, the just constantly moan about the team, manager and board.