Sign in to follow this  
Rabbit hole

We don’t need to sell, all our prized assets are on long term contracts

No point as we have no control, but today shows that Farke will probably have to do without them.

Players have all the power and no loyalty anymore. It’s all about money, if they want a move that can force one by giving up BUT still get paid.

Slavery was banned 200 years ago. If a player wants to leave, the length of his contract only makes a difference to the amount we get for him.

so we are paying the salaries of Drmic, Leitner, Trybull, Buendia and Cantwell for them all to not play even though they are all fit and good enough at this level...

real great planning there...

Important couple of weeks coming up. We all saw how toothless we are in midfield and we'll need to address that. I'm sure Webber has irons in the fire.

This is the problem with having games before the window closes. Farke made the point well in his presser yesterday. And about how well Max has handled it.

If there's blame then it should be with the powers that be who allow the window to remain open a month into the season.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

This is the problem with having games before the window closes. Farke made the point well in his presser yesterday. And about how well Max has handled it.

If there's blame then it should be with the powers that be who allow the window to remain open a month into the season.

Agreed wholeheartedly. The Premier League voted to close the window, sensibly, before the season a couple of years ago but have unfortunately been forced back into it because of the disadvantage it gave them against the other big European sides.

UEFA should implement a rule that the European window should close before any of the major leagues start their season, which would probably be a week into August, as opposed to August 31.

36 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

We're Norwich City, we always sell our best assets and always will. 

Every club always sells their best assets unless they're Barcelona or Real Madrid, or maybe to a lesser extent the 'big six' in the Premier League- but even they do it from time to time.

• Like 2

We actively want to sell (the mask has slipped today) and we seem to want to create a rift with Buendia so they can get less grief from the fans when they do it. Webber has form for this. I am not happy at all about today’s events and I don’t just mean the result. We played well but Webber should look very carefully at that game and what happens when you don’t have those extra bits of quality at your disposal. 

2 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

I don't quite buy that one DoubleN, before the window you could lose any of your players at any time until close to the end of the season. Of course you could replace them as well.

Its the least suitable if there is a window of course.

I hate the people saying they are on long contracts. As said it only helps get a better price as you are further away from the player leaving for nothing. Any player who plays well in the premier League but gets relegated what ever the team will be pushing for a move. If villa went down grealish would be gone. If West Ham had gone down then Rice would be gone. Us Bournemouth and Watford are all trying to get out the players who want to go for the most money possible while trying to get a settled team together. The start of the season will be difficult for all three of us as most other teams in the league will already have a settled team bar 1 or 2 changes. So far none of us have looked great despite having better players on the pitch than our opponents. It's a long season. 

19 hours ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

We're Norwich City, we always sell our best assets and always will. 

Yes, and with Fulham apparently making an approach today for Godfrey, I see trouble ahead! Gibson will be blooded soon!

55 minutes ago, City 2nd said:

Yes, and with Fulham apparently making an approach today for Godfrey, I see trouble ahead! Gibson will be blooded soon!

As I mentioned on another post. Rumours are circulating that Lewis, Aaron’s, Godfrey, Cantwell, Buendia and Pukki will all be gone by the end of this transfer window. 

We have well and truly be done over by Webber et al.

16 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I wouldn't call 20 months long, that's how long Cantwell has left.

and a year option in the clubs favour

18 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

We actively want to sell (the mask has slipped today) and we seem to want to create a rift with Buendia so they can get less grief from the fans when they do it. Webber has form for this.

No.

18 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

We actively want to sell (the mask has slipped today) and we seem to want to create a rift with Buendia so they can get less grief from the fans when they do it. Webber has form for this. I am not happy at all about today’s events and I don’t just mean the result. We played well but Webber should look very carefully at that game and what happens when you don’t have those extra bits of quality at your disposal. 

Why make things up? At least caveit it with "in your opinion". Some read everything on here as gospel...

Whatever the truth is, it’s not great position to be in, get this window shut! Imagine the worst and selling all five, what have we got left?

Krull

Rupp (or whoever), Gibson, Zimmermann, Quintilla

McCliean, Skipp

Hernandez, Steipermann, Planchette,

Hugill

With a very limited bench option.

2 hours ago, Gordon Bennett said:

Big difference between not needing to sell and trying to keep players who really don’t want to be here. That is utterly pointless. 

There could well be several players who really don’t want to be here!  The only safe Covid habitat for players to remain in employment and not take salary hits is the premier league, and top European leagues, but unfortunately we are EFL, which we all know is in great danger of falling apart. Only needs one championship club to fall, and that will open the floodgates. This Govt are not going to bale out football, it cannot afford too in my humble opinion.

so where would your allegiance lie? Not in the EFL where your employment and livelihood could well be in great danger!