Sign in to follow this  
Icecream Snow

Norwich vs Bournemouth Match Thread

1 minute ago, All the Germans said:

To be fair and whilst they were decent, they would be absolutely nowhere near the best 11 either.

From those in my lifetime/players I can remember , Malky gets in every time!

We have the same problem as near the end of last season in that we seem to freeze up in the final third, the build up is nice but we take too long to put in that final ball

1 minute ago, Terminally Yellow said:

If Emi and Todd are off (just speculating) and Dowell is injured, I would sooner see us play 4-4-2 and use Hugill as a target man for Pukki to work off.

Unlikely I think given Farke’s preference for possession tactics, but a more traditional 442 could be an option. I think I’d go Idah and Pukki first choice though.

We have to figure out how it’s going to work without those two - they are our most creative players and if both go, we’re going to need to think of something different.

We just dont seem to playing the way we did during our last time in the Championship and the early part of last season. 

We look a shadow of the team that was playing those quick, short inter-passing incisive moves.  I guess confidence is low after last season  

Just now, Kanadyan Kanary said:

We just dont seem to playing the way we did during our last time in the Championship and the early part of last season. 

We look a shadow of the team that was playing those quick, short inter-passing incisive moves.  I guess confidence is low after last season  

Last time in the champs we had Stiepermann doing a job behind Pukki, Buendia was on fire, and Vrancic was spraying balls around the midfield covered by Tettey or Trybull.

Today we've got NONE of those 3 even on the pitch (or in some cases bench), all creativity from the middle is gone, Pukki has ZERO supply to work with, and people wonder why we're not playing like we did last time at this level...

• Like 1

Hernandez is just running into trouble, against teams that defend well he doesn’t have the quality to make the difference. We are putting them under loads of pressure but just can’t unlock the door. Rupp and Skipp both having good games, Kenny anonymous. Would either take McLean off for Vrancic or put Idah and Hugill on.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kanadyan Kanary said:

You haven't watched the past 25 minutes then? Too busy hammering the keyboard? 

Just now, Canary Wundaboy said:

Hernandez is just running into trouble, against teams that defend well he doesn’t have the quality to make the difference. We are putting them under loads of pressure but just can’t unlock the door. Rupp and Skipp both having good games, Kenny anonymous. Would either take McLean off for Vrancic or put Idah and Hugill on.

I have an inkling why you don’t earn your living as a professional football manager 

2 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Looks like that sub's happening. Maybe he can hit one of our wingers?

1 minute ago, Uncle Fred said:

I have an inkling why you don’t earn your living as a professional football manager 

Oops

10 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

Massive fail 🤣🤣🤣

3 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Subs are earlier nowadays compared to the last two seasons.

Ironically, killed our flow!