Sign in to follow this  
Icecream Snow

Norwich vs Bournemouth Match Thread

There have been some positives in this game so far but also it’s pretty clear where we need to improve. I actually think Rupp and Skipp has worked quite well together although neither have the range of passing of a Vrancic, Leitner or even a trybull hence our build up play becomes slower. Placheta looks raw and I think we can only really play with one of him or Hernandez, definitely a useful player in there but we are clearly missing EMI and lacking n the 10 role, I actually think we really miss stipermann in there. 

I actually think Idah needs to come on at half time and we will need another creative player if both Cantwell and Buendia leave. 

Very good spell from between 10-20 minutes but seemed to fade. Fairly even half overall but Bournemouth have created the better chances and could be further ahead if it wasn't for Krul! For all our promising build-up play we really haven't got too much to show for it.

This is where my concerns were pre-match, I can't see this being the team to dig us out from a losing position.

I think we now need Buendia, Cantwell, Dowell, Steipermann...???

Given we're a bit hamstrug in attacking midfield. Let's see Vrancic on for one of the central midfield 3, Idah to come on soon but he's probably a bit too similar to Hernandez / Placheta unless he's going to come on for one of those two. 

7 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Yeah Rupp has played well. We've played well in general. If we lose it'll be pitchforks regardless of performance though.

I think criticism that we don't have a creative midfielder out of three is valid though, we need somebody who is looking for a clever through ball, somebody who can unlock a defence. 

Whether that is Vrancic or a younger new Vrancic.... a McLean, Skipp, Rupp threesome lacks natural flair and spark. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten
  • Like 1

Only just got the chance to post.

Shockingly poor line up.

McLean and Rupp are too much alike. Pair that with wingers who are not good at crossing the ball, Teemu Pukki must be looking around wondering where the supply line is going to come from.

Is Stiepermann on the bench?

Just now, TeemuVanBasten said:

I think criticism that we don't have a creative midfielder out of three is valid though, we need somebody who is looking for a clever through ball, somebody who can unlock a defense. 

Whether that is Vrancic or a younger new Vrancic.... a McLean, Skipp, Rupp threesome lacks natural flair and spark. 

Teemu, I agree with this, not necessarily Vrancic but we do look like we need someone to set the tempo of the game for us, the balance isn’t quite right as we have lots of pace but no one really who can unleash it. If we genuinely have lost Buendia and Cantwell (and I guess we will find out in the coming days) then we do need to go and get one more in for me. 

Rupp has been decent enough alongside Skipp, Pukki apart from one ball been none existent. We’ve got pace on the wing we need someone who can pass that through ball to use it!

Edited by Indy
  • Like 1

E̴͚͓͒̿d̴̡͔̙͊͋͋i̵̘̠͐̀͜͠t̴̡͔͚͐̀͝e̸̠͉͋͛͜͠d̸̠̟̞͑͌̾ j̸͙͖͚̓̈́͊u̸͍͇̚͜͠͝s̵̢͍̼̓̓͋t̵̘̝̻́̓́ n̴͉̙͕̓̽͝o̸̢͓͖̽̿̀w̸͔͓͇͝͝͠ b̸͖̘̼̈́̿̕y̸͔̟̘̐̾̀ T̸͓͎͒̈́̈́͜e̵̪͇͔͆̾̕e̸͉͇̾̐̈́͜m̸̡͙͙̐͊͝u̸͖̪͖̐͛͠V̵͉͕̠͐͒̒a̸̪̦̾͛͜n̵̢̢͙̈́̿͝B̴̢̫̫͑̿̚a̵͔̻͚͆̿̕s̴̼̙̙̈́͑͝t̴̡̘͖̿̐̕e̸̡͎̪̓̽͌n̵͓̺̘̔͛̚ 

Edited by The Real Buh

It's not Rupp's individual performances that annoy me,  it's his signing in the first place and selection above other better options, I just don't like him as a player, he is not cut out for English football. After watching us last season how on earth could Webber/Farke have decided what we need in our midfield is a small, weak, lightweight midfielder of very average technical ability that doesn't contribute anything to our attack or defensive solidarity. 

He runs around a lot (ineffectualy as he can't compete or tackle)and can play short passes, that is. That is all he offers. He might have games like today were he gets by and works hard but he's not good enough overall. Offers nothing defensively or offensively, just takes up space contributing massively to our problem of being completely powderpuff and ineffective as a side. 

3 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Nice to see many are recognising that Rupp's been a strong performer today so far.

"Strong performer" is stretching it! 

1 minute ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

It's not Rupp's individual performances that annoy me,  it's his signing in the first place and selection above other better options, I just don't like him as a player, he is not cut out for English football. After watching us last season how on earth could Webber/Farke have decided what we need in our midfield is a small, weak, lightweight midfielder of very average technical ability that doesn't contribute anything to our attack or defensive solidarity. 

He runs around a lot (ineffectualy as he can't compete or tackle)and can play short passes, that is. That is all he offers. He might have games like today were he gets by and works hard but he's not good enough overall. Offers nothing defensively or offensively, just takes up space contributing massively to our problem of being completely powderpuff and ineffective as a side. 

He's had loads of decent touches. Probably been as good as Skipp has. Got in loads of good positions overloading on the wings too. Put a lovely ball in for Pukki along the ground from the right. Had a good shot at the end of the half. Ring any bells?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Real Buh said:

E̴͚͓͒̿d̴̡͔̙͊͋͋i̵̘̠͐̀͜͠t̴̡͔͚͐̀͝e̸̠͉͋͛͜͠d̸̠̟̞͑͌̾ j̸͙͖͚̓̈́͊u̸͍͇̚͜͠͝s̵̢͍̼̓̓͋t̵̘̝̻́̓́ n̴͉̙͕̓̽͝o̸̢͓͖̽̿̀w̸͔͓͇͝͝͠ b̸͖̘̼̈́̿̕y̸͔̟̘̐̾̀ T̸͓͎͒̈́̈́͜e̵̪͇͔͆̾̕e̸͉͇̾̐̈́͜m̸̡͙͙̐͊͝u̸͖̪͖̐͛͠V̵͉͕̠͐͒̒a̸̪̦̾͛͜n̵̢̢͙̈́̿͝B̴̢̫̫͑̿̚a̵͔̻͚͆̿̕s̴̼̙̙̈́͑͝t̴̡̘͖̿̐̕e̸̡͎̪̓̽͌n̵͓̺̘̔͛̚ 

TVB has absolutely got you tapped, hasn't he? 😂

We were always going to struggle with the creativity if Buendia and Cantwell leave, the problem was we got so far into the transfer window before players have left.  Believe Farke expected moves to happen earlier, a risky move, now there is little chance of recruiting creativity at this late stage.  Get used to drab football promotion no chance at least will not watch in person. 

Just now, Drazen Muzinic said:

How long have we been saying this now Ricardo? At least the last three seasons.

Far too many seasons. When the goals dry up you are in trouble.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

How long have we been saying this now Ricardo? At least the last three seasons.

You can probably go as far back as 2003/04. Never been right since Malky and Fleming! 

Edited by Il Pirata
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Il Pirata said:

You can probably go as far back as 2003/04. Never been right since Malky and Fleming! 

Whenever we do the “best Norwich xi” thread you don’t see very many defenders’ names cropping up after Malky and Fleming!

Just now, Aggy said:

Whenever we do the “best Norwich xi” thread you don’t see very many defenders’ names cropping up after Malky and Fleming!

I liked Bassong in his first couple of seasons here!

• Like 1

Just now, Aggy said:

To be fair and whilst they were decent, they would be absolutely nowhere near the best 11 either.