Sign in to follow this  
Icecream Snow

Norwich vs Bournemouth Match Thread

2 minutes ago, Jerrykerry said:

And the pinkun poster's collective spine collapses. 

You do realise we are playing a Premier league team in terms of quality right? 

You do realise they were the only team in the Premiership that didn’t beat us last season right?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jerrykerry said:

And the pinkun poster's collective spine collapses. 

You do realise we are playing a Premier league team in terms of quality right? 

You do realise they have offloaded half their team and according to a lot of posters on here have been punching above their weight for years ?

Some opinions are far less informed or indeed more blinded by hate / frustration than others. That's what good discussion should tease out.

I have to admit I'm always a little irritated when the "but I'm entitled to an opinion" line is trotted out as a defence. Unless someone's explicitly saying that you shouldn't speak at all, then I can thoroughly understand!

5 minutes ago, lharman7 said:

Hate to say it but zero link up play with Pukki so far! 

Exactly, but whenever I say we need to drop McLean for someone like Vrancic, I get told I have a vendetta against McLean...

Fromm BBC text:

Canaries boss Daniel Farke was looking increasingly frustrated before Bournemouth scored and his mood won't have been improved by going behind.

A lack of quality in good attacking positions is an issue at the moment.

All I can say is its his selection! 

Rupp been our best player in this game so far.

Don't know if that says more about how poor many of the rest have been, or whether he's actually a decent player.

Looks like he's playing a box-to-box role. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, shefcanary said:

Fromm BBC text:

Canaries boss Daniel Farke was looking increasingly frustrated before Bournemouth scored and his mood won't have been improved by going behind.

A lack of quality in good attacking positions is an issue at the moment.

All I can say is its his selection! 

Yeah leaving out two of our most creative players doesnt help

We just don't seem to be working to provide our important striker any chances. Give Pukki a chance and he will produce the goods a good percentage of the time. He looks alone.

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Rupp been our best player in this game so far.

Don't know if that says more about how poor many of the rest have been, or whether he's actually a decent player.

Looks like he's playing a box-to-box role. 

Yeah Rupp has played well. We've played well in general. If we lose it'll be pitchforks regardless of performance though.

Rupp hasn’t been the problem today. Skipp has also played well. We just can’t get the ball to Pukki’s feet on the move, there’s no understanding or quick passes in behind. Overall though we’ve played well, not as bad-a-half as vs Preston.

Just now, Rich T The Biscuit said:

Amazes me that we have banished Trybull and Leitner and retained McLean and Rupp. 

I understand Leitner, although very disappointed given his talent but making Trybull surplus to requirements is strange. 

1 minute ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

Amazes me that we have banished Trybull and Leitner and retained McLean and Rupp. 

Rupp is playing well. It won't matter because people have already decided but he's been good.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Jerrykerry said:

Let the McLean and Rupp hate festival commence. 

Every mistake. Hammer them. 

Ignore other mistakes. 

Hammer them. 

Two minute hate. 

There’s a reason why he’s constantly being criticised.......Rupp done well today, Skipp superb, McClean looks like a traffic policeman, waving his hands around like a mime artist! Idah on for McClean.

• Like 1

Defensively we are still shocking. In all honesty we could easily be 3-0 down. We don't have a clue how to stop people getting shots away against us. 

Same old dreadful tippy, tappy powderpuff rubbish that we've seen from this team all year. It is incredibly frustrating supporting a team that is fragile at the back, ponderous/lightweight in the middle and struggles to create chances at the front all at once. 

Just now, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

Lots going through Argos. Looks dangerous. Rupp playing well.

Nothing for Pukki. Having two wingers plays to Hugill or Idah's strengths rather than the GOATs.

OTBC

Agree completely. It is an interesting team selection with two wingers but he rarely thrives on crosses. You're right about Hugill and Idah being more likely to benefit. For Pukki he needs through balls. Not sure if Rupp or Mclean  do that.

1 minute ago, Indy said:

There’s a reason why he’s constantly being criticised.......Rupp done well today, Skipp superb, McClean looks like a traffic policeman, waving his hands around like a mime artist! Idah on for McClean.

Has he? Piffle. 

Watch the game. 

Rupp's looked decent. Showing his engine's a good one as well, and got up to shoot off a lay-off from Pukki right at the end. We're still well and truly in this.

Zimmermann might be looking over his shoulder at this rate. He's not started the season brilliantly.

5 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

Lots going through Argos. Looks dangerous. Rupp playing well.

Nothing for Pukki. Having two wingers plays to Hugill or Idah's strengths rather than the GOATs.

OTBC

Made the point earlier, I think Hugill could be a better fit than Pukki with the players out there. Pukki is awesome when running on to through balls, and playing off the shoulder. Vrancic, Buendia, and Steipermann are perfect for him. It's frustrating that we don't get these three back together again, although I appreciate Buendia is likely to be at another club soon. 

Edited by Il Pirata