Sign in to follow this  
Icecream Snow

Norwich vs Bournemouth Match Thread

1 minute ago, ricardo said:

Concede first and its always a struggle.

Exactly. I think I've seen the same game 100 times 😫

• Like 2

Good performance. Narrow defeat against a promotion rival. 

Long way to go. 

OK you can get on with your whine festival now about how it's all gone wrong, how hopeless we are. Rupp rubbish McLean hate, blah blah blah. 

Idiots.

Never going to win with that line-up unless we scored first. If we lose Emi and Todd serious money needs to be spent.

Lots of huff and puff but zero quality and pretty tedious stuff A tough watch Norwich nowadays.

Thought we played quite well in the second half, but were half-a-yard too slow / inaccurate in attack for things to stick. Against a side that well-drilled like that Bournemouth side it wasn't quite enough. Main difference was that they had a relatively stable, settled line-up with few new players in, and we're in something of a rebuild.

Had Bournemouth penned in nearly the whole half, and missing our key creative midfielders. They must be relieved the game is over.

Any one of Cantwell, Buendia or even Steips and I think we'd have nicked an equaliser at least.

Can't fault the effort, Vrancic made a strong case for a start in the next game... especially if we must continue without our potent forward midfielders.

We were always going to struggle to create anything with that central midfield selection.

Also, playing 2 wingers to cross for Pukki isn't exactly smart either.

IF both Emi and Cantwell are off, we need a return of Stiepermann behind Pukki and Vrancic alongside Skipp, with only 1 of Argos or Placheta starting.

3 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

I thought it was an encouraging performance given the result but that probably shows the difference between me and you.

Do you know what toothless means?

Early days but I don't like what is happening at the club if rumours are true.

I think we all feared for today with that lineup. It smacked of DFs first season.

Everything seems on a downer at the moment. Guess there might be a hangover but it cannot last past today.

If the owners and coaches are as good as we think they are, then get on and sort out players leaving and get the club playing decent entertaining football again.

The boy Skipp was our best player by a country mile.

With Dowell out for three months and Buendia and Cantwell set to leave we have now been holed below the waterline re creativity. Perhaps (with benefit of hindsight) we should have retained Sinali??  

3 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

Two wingers? Play Hugill or Idha.

Play Pukki? You need Emi or Vrancic.

Not a bad performance...but lacking the same vital creative ingredient in each of our games so far. 

OTBC

Would'nt have mattered if Hugill or Idah were there,crossing was lousy from all over.  Huff and puff but no quality anywere.Massive improvement needed from all departments.

Unfortunately a very naive performance by a team picked by a very naive manager who has a very naive director of football intent on selling the Crown Jewels because NCFC are a self funding club, and due to Covid they are taking a big financial hit like many EFL clubs.

far too many if, buts and maybes left to fight the cause, who simply aren’t good enough. Nearly winning is not good enough!

56 minutes ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

It's not Rupp's individual performances that annoy me,  it's his signing in the first place and selection above other better options, I just don't like him as a player, he is not cut out for English football. After watching us last season how on earth could Webber/Farke have decided what we need in our midfield is a small, weak, lightweight midfielder of very average technical ability that doesn't contribute anything to our attack or defensive solidarity. 

He runs around a lot (ineffectualy as he can't compete or tackle)and can play short passes, that is. That is all he offers. He might have games like today were he gets by and works hard but he's not good enough overall. Offers nothing defensively or offensively, just takes up space contributing massively to our problem of being completely powderpuff and ineffective as a side. 

So, what you’re saying is no matter how he actually plays, you’re going to slag him off? There’s a few on here who seem to be in the same camp.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jerrykerry said:

Long way to go. 

OK you can get on with your whine festival now about how it's all gone wrong, how hopeless we are. Rupp rubbish McLean hate, blah blah blah. 

Idiots.

Pot kettle.

4 minutes ago, Jerrykerry said:

Long way to go. 

Idiots.

Don't get me wrong, I mostly agree with you, but do you have to be so angry and disagreeable to everyone? You don't have to start a war against everyone you know?

Plenty of signs for encouragement there. 

We do need to replace Buendia though, but we've got a solid structure to work from. However,  Pukki will continue to struggle without a couple of Leinter / Buendia / Vrancic types in the side. If your setting up like today with two quick wingers and a more defensive looking midfield, then Hugill is the better fit. 

The worse thing Farke can do now is chop and change. We need a settled side. I'd seriously look to get Vrancic in for Mclean though. 

2 minutes ago, lharman7 said:

Do you know what toothless means?

Bournemouth had 12 shots, we had 13. Bournemouth had 5 shots on target, we had 5. So Bournemouth had one shot on target go in. Are they toothless too?

On 25/03/2020 at 13:39, sonyc said:

Kings Lynn's season over as the NL voted to cancel the season because of the virus. No idea what happens to promotion and relegation issues.

On 28/04/2020 at 09:40, BroadstairsR said:

All too simplistic.

Football without fans has, in fact,  much meaning in a time when all need an uplift. It is question of morale.

Your statement refers to a time when things were normal, whereas we are in an abnormal situation. Standard thinking becomes irrelevant.

Current media coverage suggests that the general public is relaxing with regards to lockdown restrictions. This could spell danger.

Some form of televised resumption of football (and other sports eg.F.1) could be vital in relieving this frustration.

Nothing will be perfect... we know that. An attempt has to be made, however flawed and difficult.

The alternative is to rollover and let the plague win. There is a lot of economic sense in making some effort at resumption as well, but this is dealt with thoroughly in other threads.

On 30/04/2020 at 12:10, pete said:

The Germans who have relaxed some lock down measures have seen infections rise as a result.

How can they now countenance kicking off their football season by next week as promised.

Take note Boris and stop the PL madness.

Also no international flights from Germany until May 11, are any of our Teutonic players are currently stuck in the fatherland.  Could be a problem should Project Restart continue to be a live issue however impractical.

Just now, Nuff Said said:

Bournemouth had 12 shots, we had 13. Bournemouth had 5 shots on target, we had 5. So Bournemouth had one shot on target go in. Are they toothless too?

And they won!

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Indy_Bones said:

IF both Emi and Cantwell are off, we need a return of Stiepermann behind Pukki and Vrancic alongside Skipp, with only 1 of Argos or Placheta starting.

Yes - that plays to Pukki's strengths.

OTBC

I don’t think it was a bad performance overall, we just need to decide whether we’re going to play fast, along the deck counter attack in which case we need vrancic and emi to start. If we’re going to play wide and go for quick crosses then start Idah or Hugil for height and power. We lacked an edge in the final 3rd and get caught in 2 minds all the time. Rupp had a decent game, Skipp looked a class act and the defence was mostly solid but surely Gibson must be knocking on the door now. Pukki going wide or dropping deep negates our strongest threat going forwards, we have to work on linking it up to him.

6 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Had Bournemouth penned in nearly the whole half, and missing our key creative midfielders. They must be relieved the game is over.

Any one of Cantwell, Buendia or even Steips and I think we'd have nicked an equaliser at least.

Can't fault the effort, Vrancic made a strong case for a start in the next game... especially if we must continue without our potent forward midfielders.

Vrancic always makes a strong case to start in the next game, just rarely happens

9 minutes ago, Badger said:

Exactly. I think I've seen the same game 100 times 😫

but not as many as me😉

1 minute ago, Il Pirata said:

Plenty of signs for encouragement there. 

We do need to replace Buendia though, but we've got a solid structure to work from. However,  Pukki will continue to struggle without a couple of Leinter / Buendia / Vrancic types in the side. If your setting up like today with two quick wingers and a more defensive looking midfield, then Hugill is the better fit. 

The worse thing Farke can do now is chop and change. We need a settled side. I'd seriously look to get Vrancic in for Mclean though. 

I'd agree with Vrancic for McLean, especially if Rupp continues in the vein he showed today. He looked pretty good and was well ahead of McLean. The thing I would say is that Hernandez and Placheta on at the same time leaves us a bit short of explosiveness coming off the bench. I've always thought Hernandez is better coming on with a hour on the clock to throw at tired opponents.

Pukki also needs Stiepermann around. I think people are forgetting how effective that partnership was last time out in the Championship.