Sign in to follow this  
Icecream Snow

Norwich vs Bournemouth Match Thread

Big call from Farke to put Rupp in here- can only assume that we're going to concentrate down the wings rather than our usual play-through approach, or that centre of the pitch looks a bit lacking in creative spark.

Eurgh. This season has gone from 33 player squad that could be dominant to starting Rupp and Mclean as the "flair" midfielders. Season could be going off the rails already.

Edited by kick it off
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, keelansgrandad said:

Distinct lack of flair in midfield.

Have to agree I don't see the creativity to make chances, I suspect Pukki will cut a rather lonely figure today trying to feed off scraps

2 minutes ago, kick it off said:

Eurgh. This season has gone from 33 player squad that could be dominant to starting Rupp and Mclean as the "flair" midfielders. Season could be going off the rails already.

Oh get a grip you wet pair of pants. Four points and the game hasn't kicked off. 

Edited by Jerrykerry
  • Like 2

On my travels back from Hungary, so will be following the updates as they come in. This is my local game, so under normal conditions I would be at the match. Been to the last 5 or 6 times we have played the Cherries and to be honest each time we have played really well regardless of the result. 

Let's hope the performance is good and the result follows. COYY

Just now, Jerrykerry said:

Oh get a grip you wet pair of pants. Your points and the game hasn't kicked off. 

Bore off. I'm not talking about this specific game, I'm talking about without Emi and Cantwell, and no Dowell until Christmas, this squad looks devoid of any kind of potent creative force. Using the word "season" might have given that away to most literate people.

Happy with that. 

Who else goes in Central midfield? 

You can't pair Tettey with Skipp. 

You can't start can't run can't tackle Mario. 

1 minute ago, kick it off said:

Bore off. I'm not talking about this specific game, I'm talking about without Emi and Cantwell, and no Dowell until Christmas, this squad looks devoid of any kind of potent creative force. Using the word "season" might have given that away to most literate people.

Your wetting your pants. 

Get a grip. 

Two games in and youre Moaning like a spoilt kid. 

Wrote on the FB page that this looks like a counter-attacking line up. We're away - Bournemouth will probably get on the front foot, so a speedster on each side is the out ball on the press. Rupp is defensively pretty aware as far as our central midfielders go so considering we've 2 speed merchants on the wings he's a very logical pick for me.

This isn't about flair, this is about countering effectively, and I think that's what we'll see today. Bring them onto us, then hit them down the wings. McLean and Rupp will probably go box-to-box there.

1 minute ago, ricardo said:

Not enthused.

Agreed, looks very very poor. I can see Pukki being isolated. Or maybe he will surprise us and play an attacking 433 🤣

This is a solid midfield. I think Rupp will have a good game today with Skipp behind. 

Potentially a very interesting game to watch however, lets hope we don't have to chase the game otherwise we may need subs on soonest.

Don't know what you're all moaning about. 

It's a 90 minute chance to whine like kids about Rupp and Mclean, and if we lose its a win because you can all whine about them all night as well. 

And with Emi being out the next 8 hours are a pinkun poster's whining pant wetting festival. 

But for those with brains, this is a team to pack the midfield and counter with pace away from home against a team who will press. 

Edited by Jerrykerry
  • Haha 3

Just now, Jerrykerry said:

Your wetting your pants. 

Get a grip. 

I'm pointing out the same thing everybody else has. Not sure why you're obsessing over me saying it, but each to their own. You're telling me to get a grip but you're happy with Mclean and Rupp as a creative force, despite neither of them doing a single thing to furnish that opinion in 18 months. No interest in dialogue with you, as you're clearly a troll/****/both.

• Like 1

I’m surprised there’s no Gibson yet - getting him in and playing well is a key thing for me this season; keeping clean sheets is often the best way to success, you can’t always rely on just outscoring sides.

3 minutes ago, Jerrykerry said:

Your wetting your pants. 

Get a grip. 

People are entitled to their opinion!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jerrykerry said:

Don't know what you're all moaning about. 

It's a 90 minute chance to whine like kids about Rupp and Mclean, and if we lose its a win because you can all whine about them all night as well. 

And with Emi being out the next 8 hours are a pinkun poster's whining pant wetting festival. 

And it gives you a chance to call everyone pant wetters so win win really...