Sign in to follow this  
E I E I E I O

Johanson on loan confirmed on Sky Sports!

Great more money wasting, Just confirmed that we have loaned another player from charlton. Is he here to get match practice and get fit? How does this improve this club?

Ambition my arse!

WOW! we ave johansson, on LOAN!

Bloody hell Worthy! You really are pulling out ALL the stops ain''t you. Look at George Burley at Southampton, selling and signing left right and centre, and his team are skint. We gain 5+ million, and still only bring in an average player unwanted by an average premiership team, ON LOAN! Says it all!

Charltons Johnaton Johansson has signed on loan until the end of the season, That should thrust us up the table then!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For gods sake we mustn''t waste money on Cameron Jerome, everyone will up their price on every playerwe ask about now, seeing as we''ve got money (allegedly!!!!)

Don’t think for one moment he is a bad player and one that will probably improve our team!! Just find it to be a typical short term worthy signing. Fed up of getting average players, why can’t we push the boat out and get some real quality in? Would like to Halford amongst others coming in!! Be prepared to take the risk!! Although the positive could be that if he does not sign anyone, come the summer when we have a new manager he will have the money at his disposal.

we have just signed him on laon til the end of the season according to SSN.

Is this a good signing or not?

I am willing to reserve judgement. He can play right wing which will be handy and he isnt too bad in front of goal. Just not what we were expecting.

Just seen on Sky Sports News that we have agreed a deal to sign Jonaton Johansen on loan. Assuming that this is our Ashton replacement for the rest of the season, is this an admission by the club that the season is a write-off?

Let''s hope that his wages aren''t too high or the Ashton money may go the same way as the money we supposedly had to bid for Morrison.

A decent right winger, a quality right back and a £2m+ strike partner for Johansen may salvage the day....

According to the club website we''re ''poised'' to sign Johansson on loan. I doubt they''d post it unless it was pretty certain he''d be signing.

Thoughts?

Sometimes I despair at this message board - the guy hasn''t even arrived yet and you''ve all written him off.  He is a genuinely good player, certainly better than anything else we have at the club already.

I know what you were all expecting, but did anyone REALLY expect the likes of Jerome, Earnshaw, et al to choose to sign for us?  Who exactly do you think we are?

I''m not saying I''m happy if Johansson is all we get, more that a little perspective is sometimes needed.  Oh, and by the way, I am not a ''KTF'', or a ''WO'' really, just have the interests of the club at heart.

Give the bloke a chance people, it''s not his fault Worthy has signed him on loan and it''s not what you all wanted. 

I think he is a more than a good enough player for this level.  Biggest worry is he seems to get injured a bit.

right, haven''t posted for a bit.... probably because i didn''t want to get shot down in flames as a WO or for telling it as a supporter sees it. But, i''m pretty dam sick of seeing the club head backwards. I do think the club would be better off without Worthy,and i wish i had the guts to make that stand and not renew my season ticket, but i can''t. See, i''m too addicted to the Saturdays and as a supporter it''s rough and smooth. the problem is, it''s all rough again. And it just feels like back to lies. Yesterday Worthy was saying about getting players to take us forwards not sideways, well the large majority of his signings are exactly ''sideways'' signings: Etuhu, Jarrett, Colin, more than likely now Johansson (Appalling goal record!). Why rush into a loan ''sideways'' player signing when we have McVeigh (one of our best players this season, now that Worthy''s stopped playing him out of postition!), Huckerby, McKenzie (when fit), Jarvis (when fit), Henderson.I can''t see how manager / coaching staff can be supported when they are employed to create a balanced,  motivated squad when all they created is a completely unbalanced, unmotivated, demoralised squad of largely ''sideways'' players that couldn''t give a stuff about the Canary on their chest and end up dragging the few decent players we do have down with them!

I think he is a good player and a good addition but am just a bit fed up with loan signings...its not building a good team or a good team spirit.

Plus the best players we sign on loan, we seem unable to make as permanent signings afterwards (Davenport!!!)

Its just frustration, JJ might be an adequate player, but does not excite like Deano 12 months ago.  Not when Worthy had been bigging up Jerome and Earnshaw.

Hope he does well but if he does will he join permanently, will Charlton let hm go for a bargain price.

However it is more likely he is another useless donkey. 

Good god, what did we expect?  Well I didn''t expect anyone of any great merit, simply because most players with any degree of ambition are unlikely to choose us at the present time.  What do they see, a club who, though in the top half of the table are unlikely to get promoted due to massive points needed to catch others in places 4-8.  A club who has just sold a player of quality to the premiership. 

Sure, we could have signed several players such as Halford of Colchester, but in all honesty why would he want to come here at the moment, more money?  Probably, a step up, long term maybe, but not right now. 

I agree with Temp, we can''t just write someone off before he''s played, he''s in a reserve team of a Prem club, so should be better than most of the players we already have.  It''s not his fault our club show no ambition or have no money to spend, can''t decide whether this is prudence (saving the money to pay off manager at end of season).  He just wants to play football and try and convince his real club he is better than they think he is. 

The reason we are not attacting any players touted on here as being either good or wanted is because they have better places to go, or their present club is a more attractive place to be.

Sort of sums up this season really - we are not going places anymore, time for the board to decide just why that is. 

Crikey !   if thats all we get  till the end of the season   I may turn into a WO !!     I cant blame Halford  for not wanting to miss   the big match  , but couldn`t Nigel make a deal   that  lets him play in that  match , before coming here ?.... guess not  .

I hope he doesn''t read these message boards!!  If he pulls on the Norwich shirt he deserves our full support, end of story.  Like Temp says, give the guy a chance.

Is this the same bloke, who refused point blank to join us when we were in the prem last yr??????

It is pretty obvious that he is just here to gain fitness, and to put himself in the shop window for when the transfer opens again at the end of the season.

If we weren''t good enough for him last yr, when Curbishly was happy to sell him to us, what''s changed his mind about us???? 

We should certainly give him a chance and it is really rough that people are writing him off before he even sets foot on the pitch. However, having said that I will be more than a little disappointed if this is the only reinforcement to arrive before tomorrow. Still no sign of a right winger (although it has been said JJ can play there) and with the loss of Brennan and Ashton our squad size has decreased since the window opened which simply isn''t good enough. I have to admit that I was easily reconciled to the fact of selling Ashton but that was on the understanding that we would use the funds of such a sale to strengthen the squad in other areas that desperately need strengthening. I find it staggering that Worthington would have agreed to release Brennan if he knew that all he had lined up was one striker (who can maybe play right m/f) coming in on loan. Lets hope something is announced during the day or I must admit I won''t know what to think.